PDA

View Full Version : Terrey Hills GC - Got any tips?

Andrew_S
8th October 2010, 02:07 PM
Hi all

I'm playing in a corporate-type day there next Thursday. How's the course playing? I've never played there so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed Graham Marsh was involved in the course setup so would be most interested to see how it compares with the Marsh course I'm a member of, Twin Creeks.

Cheers

Andrew
8th October 2010, 02:28 PM
It's very different to Twin Creeks. I think Ross Watson (& maybe Golfer69) was still involved with Marsh back then.

I haven't played it for 7 or 8 years, so I can't help you the condition.

Captain Nemo
8th October 2010, 02:49 PM
Great track, get hold of a gps!

Peter
8th October 2010, 04:39 PM
As you drive into the carpark, avoid the far right corner (near the director spots, etc). Have seen a few balls end up there from the 1st tee at corporate days.

Pretty sure their website has a course tour / playing hints section.

Craig_Syd
11th October 2010, 04:36 PM
So I haven't played for a while but there were some major works taking place there a couple of months back regarding the green complexes, don't know if the course has recovered yet.
Keep the driver in the bag as much as possible on the front nine (especially 2,3,8). Back nine is much more open.....

ParMaster
12th October 2010, 07:43 PM
NSW has been giving tee times to members of Terry Hills because I think they lost their greens..

But maybe it's just cause they've been doing renos.

Andrew_S
26th October 2010, 02:37 PM
Just by way of update - I had such a great day!

The course was in great nick. As suggested earlier, the greens had just been re-done and they were rolling really well. I won the 'Nearest the Pin' hole and also beat the pro on the hole (I forget the actual hole numbers). For the nearest the pin, I got given a trophy/shield with my name engraved on it along with a bottle of Dom Perignon (vintage yr 2000). Not bad at all!