PDA

View Full Version : A Hypothetical

Yossarian
6th October 2010, 12:08 AM
Say you were playing a par 3 on a nine hole course in a comp. And that par 3 had two flags. And you holed out to the wrong flag.

Would you claim a hole in one?

MegaWatty
6th October 2010, 12:10 AM
A hole in the wrong one.

TourFit
6th October 2010, 12:36 AM
Say you were playing a par 3 on a nine hole course in a comp. And that par 3 had two flags. And you holed out to the wrong flag.

Would you claim a hole in one?

Based on what you've stated, that would be cheating...as you already identified that it was the wrong flag. Therefore, technically it is NOT a hole in one. (It depends on where you were aiming.)

If you made the mistake of identifying the incorrect flag before you hit the ball, and aimed at that incorrect flag believing it to be correct, then it is indeed a hole in one (you struck a perfect shot to where you were aiming) but it still doesn't technically count.

If you holed out on KB 5th while coming down the 7th, you'd hardly claim an Eagle now would you...?

NEXT STUPID QUESTION. :lol:

Yossarian
6th October 2010, 12:41 AM
Thankyou for your succinct answer.

adlo
6th October 2010, 12:42 AM
A hole in the wrong one.

That's what she said.

markTHEblake
6th October 2010, 01:19 AM
Eddie Charlton claimed one like that I heard.

Dotty
6th October 2010, 06:12 AM
Quite often of the chipping green.

I then have to re-align and start hitting balls towards the accidental target, to hide the embarrassment.

Andrew
6th October 2010, 07:45 AM
Say you were playing a par 3 & you holed out on the wrong green.

Say you were playing a par 3 & you holed out into a sprinkler head beside the green.

Say you were playing a par 3 & your ball ended up in the bag of one of the guys who called you on.

Say you were playing a par 3 & you shanked it out of bounds. It bounces down the street & lands in a baby's pram. The mother throws it out in disgust & it bounces into the passenger window of a passing car. The guy driving the car is not a golfer, so he throws the ball out when he gets home. It gets picked up by the garbage truck & dumped at the Lucas Heights Tip. Along comes James Wilcher who designs a golf course on the tip called The Ridge. After the first 9 holes have been completed, the superintendant cuts the first hole in the first green &, low & behold, there is a ball, your ball, at the bottom of the hole.

Would you claim any of those as a hole in one?

razaar
6th October 2010, 08:13 AM
You are a siamese twin and your other half scores a hole in one, can you claim it given he used your hands and arms to swing the club?

3oneday
6th October 2010, 08:26 AM
Was it a load that should have been swallowed ?

sms316
6th October 2010, 11:49 AM
You are a siamese twin and your other half scores a hole in one, can you claim it given he used your hands and arms to swing the club?

If you are a siamese twin and you rub one out is that masterbation or giving a handy to another guy?

Andrew
6th October 2010, 02:52 PM
giving a handy to another guy?

Are you trying to justify your regular Saturday night entertainment?

Yossarian
6th October 2010, 05:35 PM
If your playing partners buggy rolled down a fairway and off a 2m cliff thing into a lake, would you laugh?

Pieface
6th October 2010, 05:39 PM
Depends if he is my ride home or not

Yossarian
6th October 2010, 05:40 PM
He wasn't. Although his boot now smells of wet dog.

Andrew
6th October 2010, 09:52 PM
He wasn't. Although his boot now smells of wet dog.

And his hovercraft is full of eels.

Yossarian
6th October 2010, 09:57 PM
If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? I...I am no longer infected

WBennett
6th October 2010, 10:09 PM
Now now Camillo, its ok...

PeteyD
6th October 2010, 11:02 PM
Isn't the wrong hole a supergoal?