PDA

View Full Version : What loft is a Callaway Steelhead 4+ Wood?

Minor_Threat
3rd October 2010, 02:02 PM
As the title suggests what is the loft of a Callaway Steelhead 4+ Wood? I was always under the impression it was a 3 wood loft with a 4 wood head size, however a couple of things I have read is suggesting a 4+ is 17*?

BrisVegas
3rd October 2010, 02:48 PM
i had a 3+ for ages and I think it was basically a 2 wood loft (13deg), 3 wood length, and a 4wood sized head.

pt73
3rd October 2010, 03:16 PM
It's all here:

http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/Products/ClassicProducts.html

Minor_Threat
3rd October 2010, 03:27 PM
It's all here:

http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/Products/ClassicProducts.html
Thanks for that mate.. 15.25* it is!

vman
3rd October 2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for that mate.. 15.25* it is!
Don't take that as gospel. Callaway lie about their lofts.

Minor_Threat
3rd October 2010, 03:34 PM
Don't take that as gospel. Callaway lie about their lofts.Well its a good an indication as any.

vman
3rd October 2010, 03:54 PM
Well its a good an indication as any.
Not really.

Minor_Threat
3rd October 2010, 04:19 PM
Not really.What your deal dude? Are you going to tell me the loft of my 4+ or just be a pain in the ass.. I am fairly certain 15.25* is close to money and that is good enough for me!

Ferrins
3rd October 2010, 04:26 PM
I thought it was 15.5*

PeteyD
3rd October 2010, 04:49 PM

Minor_Threat
3rd October 2010, 04:53 PM
I thought it was 15.5*

Your all lying, just like Callaway does..

Ferrins
3rd October 2010, 05:10 PM
What's all the fuss, it's a ghey club in any loft.

Minor_Threat
3rd October 2010, 05:17 PM
What's all the fuss, it's a ghey club in any loft.It is a great club and its going to let me put a 50* wedge into the bag..

Ferrins
3rd October 2010, 05:27 PM
I had one and sold it to Kristian

razaar
3rd October 2010, 07:00 PM
The Cally strong 4-wood or 4W+ is 16.5*.

BrisVegas
3rd October 2010, 07:21 PM
Are you dropping the cobra fairways mate?

Minor_Threat
3rd October 2010, 07:28 PM
The Cally strong 4-wood or 4W+ is 16.5*.According to the Cally website a 4+ is 15.25* - http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/Products/ClassicProducts/SteelheadFairwayWood.html

Are you dropping the cobra fairways mate?Yeah I think so mate.. At least for a trial! My main concern is getting enough distance on some of the lay-up tee shots around Newy with the 4+, and also still having a club for the +200m Par 3's. The 5 wood has been ordinary of late anyway, the 3 wood on the other hand is a weapon and I really am hating having to drop it!

vman
3rd October 2010, 07:44 PM
What your deal dude? Are you going to tell me the loft of my 4+ or just be a pain in the ass.. I am fairly certain 15.25* is close to money and that is good enough for me!

Why ask the question in the first place, dude?

I have no idea what the loft of a Cally 4+ wood is, nor do I care. But experience tells me that Callaway tend to understate the lofts of their woods to appease the egos of those who think they have the game to handle lower lofts.

If that is good enough for you, then don't bother asking the question. But if you really want to know the true loft, then take it to a clubfitter and have it checked.

Minor_Threat
3rd October 2010, 08:44 PM
Why ask the question in the first place, dude?

I have no idea what the loft of a Cally 4+ wood is, nor do I care. But experience tells me that Callaway tend to understate the lofts of their woods to appease the egos of those who think they have the game to handle lower lofts.

If that is good enough for you, then don't bother asking the question. But if you really want to know the true loft, then take it to a clubfitter and have it checked.Don't bother replying next time.. Your repsonses have been as useful as tits on a bull!

Tomson
3rd October 2010, 08:52 PM
MT I did a check on one a few months ago and it was 15.5 deg

Minor_Threat
3rd October 2010, 08:53 PM
MT I did a check on one a few months ago and it was 15.5 degThanks mate, much appreciated.

vman
3rd October 2010, 09:39 PM
Don't bother replying next time.. Your repsonses have been as useful as tits on a bull!

Just no helping some people.

razaar
3rd October 2010, 10:15 PM
According to the Cally website a 4+ is 15.25* - http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/Products/ClassicProducts/SteelheadFairwayWood.html

Yeah I think so mate.. At least for a trial! My main concern is getting enough distance on some of the lay-up tee shots around Newy with the 4+, and also still having a club for the +200m Par 3's. The 5 wood has been ordinary of late anyway, the 3 wood on the other hand is a weapon and I really am hating having to drop it!
I had an inkling that you knew the answer. Never ask a question unless you know the answer.;)

Minor_Threat
4th October 2010, 09:02 AM
Just no helping some people.What help did you provide mate?

vman
4th October 2010, 11:34 AM
What help did you provide mate?

You asked what the loft of your Cally 4+ wood was and then answered your own question by posting a link to the Callaway site. I wanted to make you aware that Callaway (like some other manufacturers) often understate the lofts of their clubs for marketing reasons. I know this to be true of their drivers and suspect they may do the same with the fairway woods. Chances are that the true loft is in excess of 16*. Then you need to factor in manufacturing tolerences which are normally +/- 1* so your particular club might be anywhere from 15* to 17*.

If all your clubs are of the same make and model it is of less of a concern as any discepencies between stated and real lofts should be similar but if you are replacing a club of another make (I think you said it is replacing a Cobra wood) and loft is an issue (which I assume it is, basd on your question) then the only way you will know the true loft of your 4+ wood is to have it checked. Otherwise, it is anyone's guess. Hope that helps.

Minor_Threat
4th October 2010, 12:38 PM
Cheers mate, I am aware that there are tolerances in manufacturing. Maybe I should have stated I was after a ball park figure or the Callaway "quoted" loft. FYI I didn't provide the link to the Callaway site, pt73 did.

I will be taking the club out to the course and will see if it can provide what I am looking for!