PDA

View Full Version : Oh no ...

Jono
1st October 2010, 10:47 PM
Something awful has happened ...

To set the seen ...

I've had some back problems recently and have been getting some physio. It's almost back to 100%. I went to the range few days ago to see how the swing felt. Surprisingly, I hit it pretty well. Pretty straight and crisp hits. I got the driver out and the back felt pretty good.

I then proceeded to hit a few hard. I hit one pure which registered 128mph clubhead speed on the swing speed radar. As I was watching the ball in the air and feeling good about myself, I felt a little pain in the left lower rib area. Just a little muscle strain, I thought. I stretched a bit and swung a little easier this time. And then it happened ...

It felt like I received an uppercut from Mike Tyson in the left ribs. No, make that uppercut from Brock Lesnar. I moaned aloud, clutching my left ribs. I knew exactly what I had done.

X ray confirmed my suspicion. My left 8th rib was fractured. :cry:

Since then, I've tried swinging the club easy, but it even hurts to do a slow motion swing. It's agony at the moment every time I cough/sneeze/laugh.

So I'll be out of this year's Ozgolf Champs. I thought about going and not playing but I have decided to stay home and rest.

As to my matchplay with Pup, if Pup and Jimandr want me to forfeit, then I'll forfeit. I can't play any golf for the next 6 weeks minimum. If you guys are willing to wait till second half of November, I should be able to bunt the ball around by then.

I'll be getting a bone density scan again soon. Last time I fractured my right rib air boxing, I found that I was almost osteoporotic due to low hormones.

markTHEblake
1st October 2010, 10:53 PM
So Heidi whacked you with a lump of 4x2 during your follow through?

Golfnut
1st October 2010, 10:58 PM
Yikes, that is bad news Jono......just before champs would make it even more painful and min 6 weeks off from golf :(

When you say low hormones, what's all that about?

Get well soon mate.

virge666
1st October 2010, 11:04 PM
That is shithouse mate . . . look after yourself and get better.

Dotty
1st October 2010, 11:21 PM
Are you sure that it didn't happen opening the old filing cabinet at work? ;)

Get well soon.

Grunt
2nd October 2010, 06:15 AM
Not good to hear Jono. I know what it is like knowing you are not playing in the champs.

Hope you start to heal soon.

just
2nd October 2010, 06:48 AM
Bad luck there Jono. Hope you feel better soon.

BrisVegas
2nd October 2010, 06:59 AM
sorry to hear you're out jono, but you need to recover properly. Hope to catch up with you next year. There's always a bed for you up here if you decide to come up for a visit. BBQ game is first weekend in December.

goughy
2nd October 2010, 07:03 AM
Stuff boxing! Golf should be the number one most physically dangerous sport on the planet! Bugger mate.

Eag's
2nd October 2010, 07:26 AM
That's a real bummer Jono, look after yourself mate :(

Grunt
2nd October 2010, 08:51 AM
Bad luck big guy. The Japanese have always been renowned for having brittle bones ! Korean / Japanese same same ;)

poidda
2nd October 2010, 09:00 AM
Bugger Jono. Sorry to hear.

Grunt
2nd October 2010, 10:27 AM
Thought so. like the Irish Scottish one

AndyP
2nd October 2010, 10:45 AM
Jono, tell your bones to HTFU. It's a bugger that you can't make it.

ParMaster
2nd October 2010, 12:04 PM
Oh not good mate.
Hopefully you get over the pain soon.

I'll let Jim decide what goes on regarding the match play game.

BrisWesty
2nd October 2010, 12:39 PM
Shame Jono, get better and make sure you get good medical advice. (Can you bulk bill yourself?)

Courty
2nd October 2010, 01:46 PM
That sucks. You'll be missed at the Champs, mate.

razaar
2nd October 2010, 04:33 PM
Jono

HTF could you fracture a left rib hitting a driver? Scott Draper fractured a right rib a few years ago (which is on the cards given the hours he put in hitting balls) but a left rib seems a bit much for a strapping lad such as yourself. You need to come up with a better story to convince me, mate.:lol:

3oneday
2nd October 2010, 04:37 PM
Do you play golf Jono ?

;) bad luck mate, get well soon !

shavey
2nd October 2010, 07:56 PM
The long drive comp is open again ;)

Get better mate, there's always next year!

grandmasterb
2nd October 2010, 09:12 PM
Sorry to hear Jono, ribs are terrible to heal up 100% so dont rush back into it.

Have you had a recent blood test at all and what was your vitamin d count?

razaar
2nd October 2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry to hear Jono, ribs are terrible to heal up 100% so dont rush back into it.

Have you had a recent blood test at all and what was your vitamin d count?

Jono's a doctor gmb.

Jarro
3rd October 2010, 06:01 AM
Sorry to hear about that Jono :(

Mend quickly

Fishman Dan
3rd October 2010, 10:36 AM
I don't get it. How does a fractured rib prevent you from drinking?

Good luck recovering Jono. I did pick up the doctor-speak though... many of us just 'fracture a rib'.... you had to go an tell us exactly which one!

PeteyD
3rd October 2010, 11:12 AM
Crap news Doc. Hope to see you up here and healthy again soon.

Tongueboy
3rd October 2010, 04:21 PM
amputate