PDA

View Full Version : Improvement Annoying paperclip thingees

razaar
1st October 2010, 12:04 PM
Mods

Is there a need for these paperclip thingees that seem to cover the page box (in the new posting list) when a thread gets to 3 or 4 pages?

3oneday
1st October 2010, 12:11 PM
I have this, but if I widen the page they return to where they should be.

razaar
1st October 2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks 3.

PeteyD
1st October 2010, 01:02 PM
still annoying though. Is there a need to indicate that the thread has attachments in it?

just
1st October 2010, 01:46 PM
Yes, without the NBN not everyone has a broadband connectiion and those on dial up need to know if there attachments. This is firmly TIC before anyone gets worked up.

Get a bigger screen.

AndyP
1st October 2010, 04:14 PM
http://1thought2many.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/word-paperclip.jpg

I've never noticed them as a problem. I could have a look at some settings.

AndyP
2nd October 2010, 10:05 AM
Do you guys use the page numbers to navigate? Why?

PeteyD
2nd October 2010, 11:10 AM
To go to the last page when it has heaps.

AndyP
2nd October 2010, 11:24 AM
Don't you go to the last unread post instead?

razaar
2nd October 2010, 03:13 PM
Don't you go to the last unread post instead?

Get there eventually but I have to click the preceeding page box before the clip which overrides the last pge box. That is the annoying part. It would be OK if the page boxes dropped down a line before the reached the attachment clip. However if you have an alternative way of getting to the last page in the thread when the attachment clip overrides the end page box, please share.

markTHEblake
2nd October 2010, 06:29 PM
I'd recommend you click on the "go to first unread post" button Ray, its a much easier wat to navigate the site (combined with the new posts button)

AndyP
2nd October 2010, 07:24 PM
There is a button to the left of the thread title that will take you to the first unread post in that thread. You have been wasting a lot of time using the last page button.

razaar
2nd October 2010, 08:55 PM
There is a button to the left of the thread title that will take you to the first unread post in that thread. You have been wasting a lot of time using the last page button.
That doesn't work some times, especially when there are numerous pages. It opens the thread OK but not always at the last page. Is it my computer where the problem is?

kev
2nd October 2010, 09:06 PM
Pebkac

Grunt
3rd October 2010, 06:08 AM
That doesn't work some times, especially when there are numerous pages. It opens the thread OK but not always at the last page. Is it my computer where the problem is?

Ray, it opens the last unread post. could be the last page or it could be on the last page you read on that thread.

AndyP
3rd October 2010, 06:08 AM

So is it your intention to skip posts that you haven't read? Because it is working perfectly if it takes you to another page and you haven't read those posts.

razaar
3rd October 2010, 08:09 AM
I see, there had to be a logical explanation. Thank you.

PeteyD
3rd October 2010, 10:26 AM
FFS. Never knew that. Cool.

AndyP
3rd October 2010, 01:44 PM
FFS. Never knew that. Cool.
Oh dear. It was a lightbulb moment for BV when I told him about it a couple of years ago too.

PeteyD
3rd October 2010, 03:20 PM
Yea yea shaddup.

markTHEblake
3rd October 2010, 04:20 PM

Ray, are you trying to tell me that you have missed a heap of posts here at ozgolf?

I'll do you a favour, here is a list of the best stuff (http://www.ozgolf.net/search.php?searchid=1084731), you better check it out.

AndyP
3rd October 2010, 04:36 PM
I'll do you a favour, here is a list of the best stuff (http://www.ozgolf.net/search.php?searchid=1084731), you better check it out.

Sorry - no matches.
That sounds about right. ;)
The search links have a limited life, I believe.

razaar
3rd October 2010, 05:52 PM
Ray, are you trying to tell me that you have missed a heap of posts here at ozgolf?

Thanks for the effort but I wouldn't know if I have read them or not.;) I wonder how many others here were cursing the paperclip?:lol:

PeteyD
3rd October 2010, 07:17 PM
Do you forget what you read most of the time Ray?