PDA

View Full Version : Riverside Oaks Sunday May 29th

Virgal_Tracy
17th May 2005, 11:20 AM
After enough interest from everyone following the collapse of the Cypress Lakes game I have booked 2 tee times at Riverside Oaks on Sunday 29th May. They offered 2 tee times of 7:15am and 11:30am.

I booked the 7:15am time. With my Swans membership they will do the day for us at $82 p.p. (The 4 for 3 was only available mid week). I know its early but it will give the rest of the day as Jono requested.

Here's hoping we get the numbers to make it a good day. It might make my job easier in the matchplay if Trung is coming straight from a night out.

1. Trung
2. Virgal
3. Jimandr
4. Aussielongdriver
5. Jono (?)
6. Spiersy (?)

Jono
17th May 2005, 11:31 AM
With the early tee time, I think few others are also interested.

1. Trung
2. Virgal
3. Jimandr
4. Aussielongdriver
5. Jono (?)
6. Spiersy (?)
7. 3oneday (?)
8. customclubmaker (?)

Let me make sure with Gary whether he can play or not. I think Pete was keen for this as well ...

We potentially have 3 matches here ... :shock:
Trung vs Virgal
Jimandr vs Gary
Speirsy vs ALD

Trung
17th May 2005, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure when Fishy will be back from Shanghai.

Last time I spoke to him. He is very keen to visit RO also. :wink:

jimandr
17th May 2005, 08:33 PM
Despite the crushingly early tee time, I'll still play.

Is this a comp game, or standard social?

I've only played Riverside Oaks once, about three years ago in winter. The greens were rock hard and the couch grass fairways a bit patchy because the grass had stopped growing for the winter. Divots everywhere.

What struck me as much as anything was the positioning of the fairway bunkers, at about 220m on most fairways. Trouble for me, but not for the long hitters.

Apart from the 12th (one of the weakest par 5's I've ever seen) I thought it was quite a good course. 18 is a very tough hole for a shortish hitter like myself.

I also remember the kangaroos having sex on the 9th fairway. Where's that 'shocked' emoticon :shock: I hope they'll have it out of their system by the 29th.

Trung
17th May 2005, 08:51 PM
I also remember the kangaroos having sex on the 9th fairway.

you sure it wasn't Jono and one of his blow up doll?

Back to the Par 5 12th. Yes it is a short hole but it is also a hole with plenty of water left and right and also around the right side of the green.

You would play this hole with a RM3, 5 iron and then PW into the green and then take 2 putts for an easy 5.

Or tee off with a RM3 and take hit a 3 wood to the green with plenty of water if you miss it right or jono-duff-it along ground :twisted:

Trung
17th May 2005, 08:59 PM
just saw the tee time now :shock:

7.15am at Riverside Oaks...

Shit, that's early...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

ps. I will be there... 8)

Jono
18th May 2005, 11:13 AM
you sure it wasn't Jono and one of his blow up doll?

Mate, as you are so fond of saying to others ... "Don't put me down to YOUR level"... :?

Or tee off with a RM3 and take hit a 3 wood to the green with plenty of water if you miss it right or jono-duff-it along ground :twisted:

Hmmm ... Jono-bashing again, are we? Just consider Trung, that I have lost my matchplay to everyone on this forum except one certain cocky 6 handicapper whose bark is way worse than his bite ... 8)

Trung
18th May 2005, 03:04 PM
Hmmm ... Jono-bashing again, are we?  Just consider Trung, that I have lost my matchplay to everyone on this forum except one certain cocky 6 handicapper whose bark is way worse than his bite ...  8)

Lucky for you that you played a great bunker shot on the 18th at The Vintage. You would have not live if I had won :lol: .

Jono
18th May 2005, 05:53 PM
Lucky for you that you played a great bunker shot on the 18th at The Vintage. You would have not live if I had won  :lol: .

Mate, I was UNLUCKY that bunker shot did NOT go IN ... :?

I think I had more bad breaks that day than lucky breaks ... Anyway, win is a win ... 8)

Fishman Dan
18th May 2005, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure when Fishy will be back from Shanghai.

Last time I spoke to him. He is very keen to visit RO also.  :wink:

Back today TD ;)

Pencil me in, going off to look for my pen. Check with the missus but i'm keen.

Trung
18th May 2005, 07:04 PM
Trung vs Virgal
Jimandr vs Gary
Speirsy vs ALD :idea: :?:

Did I miss something when I was away? If Fishy and ALD are there on the same day, they should play their match first :idea: . :wink:

Trung
18th May 2005, 08:40 PM
Lucky for you that you played a great bunker shot on the 18th at The Vintage. You would have not live if I had won  :lol: .

Mate, I was UNLUCKY that bunker shot did NOT go IN ...  :?

I think I had more bad breaks that day than lucky breaks ... Anyway, win is a win ...  8)

Like I said.. "A Great Bunker Shot"

Fishman Dan
19th May 2005, 09:03 AM
Trung vs Virgal
Jimandr vs Gary
Speirsy vs ALD :idea:  :?:

Did I miss something when I was away? If Fishy and ALD are there on the same day, they should play their match first  :idea:  .  :wink:

If these 2 are gee'ing each-other up, i'm not going to step in. Nothings changed regarding the matchplay for me. I'm happy enough to play for 20c skins against all comers in my group - stableford matchplay too for easier scoring ;)

Virgal_Tracy
19th May 2005, 09:35 AM
I don't know what the others think but if the 2 of you are there then why not play it. Other's may not agree but I guess it will depend on Stephen and if Spiersy is coming to the day or not.

By my reckoning this is the list of people playing. Final confirmations by wednesday please.

1. Trung
2. Virgal
3. Jimandr
4. Aussielongdriver
5. Jono (r u definite?)
6. Fishman Dan
7. 3oneday (?)
8. customclubmaker (?)

2 spots to be confirmed.

It is a comp day and is optional if we join in on the comp. If we do we can give all details on the day so we can run that in conjunction with any money games, matchplays or we just do our own thing.

Aussielongdriver
19th May 2005, 09:52 AM
If fishy is there we may as well play.

I just have to find a driver to use as I have broken all my std drivers.
May have to use a long drive club!
Looking forward to it as I like this course.
I have organised a new Cobra 414 Comp Tour but don't know if it will be here in time.

Stephen

Virgal_Tracy
19th May 2005, 10:07 AM
Ok. That looks like myself vs Trung and ALD vs Fishy. time to here if gary is going to make it the 3rd game against Jimandr.

Trung vs Virgal
Jimandr vs Gary (?)
Fishman Dan vs ALD

That leaves Jono and a spot for 1 more, 2 if Gary can't make it. Lets fill this / these spot/s and have a good day if anyone can see through the slits that will be mistaken for eyes at such an early start so far from home.

3oneday
19th May 2005, 10:41 AM
I won't be able to make it, sorry.

Pete

Fishman Dan
19th May 2005, 11:03 AM
If fishy is there we may as well play.

I just have to find a driver to use as I have broken all my std drivers.
May have to use a long drive club!
Looking forward to it as I like this course.
I have organised a new Cobra 414 Comp Tour but don't know if it will be here in time.

Stephen

I can lend you one ;)

Aussielongdriver
19th May 2005, 12:19 PM
I'm having a demo dropped off for me to use tommorow until my new ones arrive.
SZ450 8deg with a Penley ETA X flex at 46 inches

thanks anyway for the offer Fishy!

Stephen

Fishman Dan
19th May 2005, 12:28 PM
I'm having a demo dropped off for me to use tommorow until my new ones arrive.
SZ450 8deg with a Penley ETA X flex at 46 inches

thanks anyway for the offer Fishy!

Stephen

Are you going to get the windows tinted, spoiler and full racing trim added?

Jono
19th May 2005, 04:00 PM
Looks like Gary can't play because of family reasons.

1. Trung
2. Virgal
3. Jimandr
4. Aussielongdriver
5. Jono
6. Fishman Dan

Jim, would you mind ringing Gary at the shop to organise your match? 9949 8899. Gary still only has dialup connection at work, so he hasn't had a chance to log on.

jimandr
20th May 2005, 08:41 AM
I thought we were playing at Long Reef on the 5th, with you and TS.

I was happy to play the game at RO, but Long Reef will do.

Jono
20th May 2005, 09:03 AM
I thought we were playing at Long Reef on the 5th, with you and TS.

I was happy to play the game at RO, but Long Reef will do.

Why don't you ring Gary and talk to him personally? I think he's OK for Long Reef that day, but better make sure with him.

Trung
20th May 2005, 12:46 PM
Should be a good day, I'm looking forward to it.. 8)

Trung
21st May 2005, 12:34 PM
Vince,

I'm giving you 2 extra shots in the last 2 weeks mate.  :smt011  :smt012

Trung
22nd May 2005, 11:44 AM
I got 2 guys from my course to fill up the last 2 spots.

1. Trung
2. Virgal
3. Jimandr
4. Aussielongdriver
5. Jono
6. Fishman Dan
7. Joey
8. Maurice

Jono
22nd May 2005, 04:54 PM
Should we have a teams game for this day? Say best score out of the 4 for each hole? Losing team buys drinks at the end, or something like that ...

Trung
22nd May 2005, 05:05 PM
I'm not playing in any comp apart from a matchplay match with Vince.

jimandr
22nd May 2005, 07:44 PM
I agree with Trung on this one. Let the Matchplayers concentrate on their game.

I think Trung's mates should play with him and Vince, leaving me and Jono to act as witnesses to the second matchplay game.

Jono, as your golf gambling gene seems to be hyperactive, I'm prepared to give you the chance to win back the bowl of wedges (or the R Oaks equivalent) in a rematch.

Virgal, do you still want a lift? If you do, PM me with the details.

Fishman Dan
22nd May 2005, 09:23 PM
I say a big fat whatever. I'm playing Matchplay, but i'll be in whatever festivities are going on.

Virgal_Tracy
23rd May 2005, 10:52 AM
C'mon trung. Get in a mid week game and drop that even further. with your form of late I'm going to need those 2 shots and more. Congrats on the great scoring.

Maybe we need Jono in our group for his sledging prowess to take your mind off of killing me.

Fishman Dan
23rd May 2005, 10:59 AM
C'mon trung. Get in a mid week game and drop that even further. with your form of late I'm going to need those 2 shots and more. Congrats on the great scoring.

Maybe we need Jono in our group for his sledging prowess to take your mind off of killing me.

Don't know about prowess, but having Jono and Trung in the same group, you are guarranteed Trung will be distracted at some point.

I swear these 2 are brothers the way they carry on :lol:

Trung
23rd May 2005, 11:14 AM
1. Trung
2. Virgal
3. Jimandr
4. Aussielongdriver
5. Jono
6. Fishman Dan
7. Joey
8. Maurice

9. Reserve No.1 (Paul)

Jono
24th May 2005, 03:31 PM
Virgal,

Mate, I sense a bit of psychological game at play here. You're just licking your lips with every shot that Trung loses, right? :wink:

I think you have a very good chance of winning this match, so just play your game. Trung's record is not as good outside his home course. You don't need any sledging tactics, but I can lend you my Banana Boat Sun Block, if you like. Trung claims to have been put of by the smell of it at our Vintage game. :lol:

markTHEblake
24th May 2005, 03:36 PM
if you want to put trung off just bring your girl along as you caddy. make sure she wears hot pink shorts and a lift and seperate bra. He wont last 3 holes.

Fishman Dan
24th May 2005, 03:56 PM
Front 9... back 9.... what's the other hole? :roll:

Trung
24th May 2005, 06:07 PM

You gotta try better than that for me to bite :wink:

Trung
24th May 2005, 06:10 PM
if you want to put trung off just bring your girl along as you caddy.   make sure she wears hot pink shorts and a lift and seperate bra.  He wont last 3 holes.

I will step up another gear if she does what you said. :P

Jono will have a big issue as he hasn't seen anything like that before. :wink:

Jarro
24th May 2005, 06:43 PM
if you want to put trung off just bring your girl along as you caddy.   make sure she wears hot pink shorts and a lift and seperate bra.  He wont last 3 holes.

Jono will have a big issue as he hasn't seen anything like that before.  :wink:

what the :!: :shock:

Doc ... say it ain't so :smt009 =;

Jono
24th May 2005, 10:14 PM

I will step up another gear if she does what you said.  :P

Jono will have a big issue as he hasn't seen anything like that before.  :wink:

You're absolutely right, Trung. I've yet to see you "step up a gear" ... on the golf course, anyway ... I've heard that you get quite excited behind the wheels though ... :wink:

Virgal_Tracy
25th May 2005, 08:36 AM
Trung I'll challenge your boast about stepping up a gear. My "girl" is 7 months pregnant, so i think the belly hanging out over the hot pink shorts and the increase in breast size may well have an effect but not one that would benefit your game.

I don't have to do anything special being off 20 just consistent and make you find that extra shot each hole just to stay in the game.

Bring it on. I'm looking forward to seeing if these rumours of Granny distances are true. But then again with your scoring of late it obviously works

Fishman Dan
25th May 2005, 09:15 AM
News just in... Dan is spending Saturday on a boat with the boys. Just the lads, beers, bait, fishing lines, and the wireless tuned into the footy.

ALD's odds just shortened considerably.

Keza_G
25th May 2005, 10:18 AM
Can someone please tell me where Riverside Oaks is as I have just been alerted to the fact that there will be a LD event there August 27th...

I may fly down earlier for this one but got no idea where this is...

Some one help.....

Cheers

Keza

Fishman Dan
25th May 2005, 10:27 AM
KG -

North-west (outskirts) of Sydney. It's a fair hike, so you won't want to blow in the morning, get out there the day of the event, and simply leave again. Look to come in a day ahead, stay in Windsor (unless of course you're getting accom sorted), and commute from there. Windsor is about an hour from the CBD?

Post some details when they come to hand, i'd be interested to come along.

Keza_G
25th May 2005, 11:37 AM
Fishy,

Sat Aug 27. Riverside Oaks GC. 10am to 5pm.

I was thinking of flying in on Thursday and hoike up a game with you lot, but prices are not as favourable as they once were, so in consideration at the moment.

I'l Let you all know as we get a little Closer.

Cheers

Keza

Trung
25th May 2005, 01:27 PM
Trung I'll challenge your boast about stepping up a gear. My "girl" is 7 months pregnant, so i think the belly hanging out over the hot pink shorts and the increase in breast size may well have an effect but not one that would benefit your game.

I don't have to do anything special being off 20 just consistent and make you find that extra shot each hole just to stay in the game.

Bring it on. I'm looking forward to seeing if these rumours of Granny distances are true. But then again with your scoring of late it obviously works

Congrats on the soon to be dad.

Ps. It's not far how you can hit your 8-iron, its how close!!!....

My 8-iron is around 125m

Fishman Dan
25th May 2005, 01:33 PM
My 8-iron is around 125m

That's not very close ;) :lol:

Trung
25th May 2005, 02:03 PM
My 8-iron is around 125m

That's not very close ;)  :lol:

oooops :oops:

I might have to use the 6-iron then :P

Jono
25th May 2005, 08:32 PM
Congrats on the soon to be dad.

Ps. It's not far how you can hit your 8-iron, its how close!!!....

My 8-iron is around 125m

So you've been working out in the gym then? :wink:

My new distances are..

PW-90m (old 105m)
9-105m (old 115m)
8-115m (old 130m)
7-125m (old 140m)
6-135m (old 150m)
5-145m (old 160m)
4-155m (old 170m)
3-165m (old 180m)
RM3-180m
3W-200m
D-(anywhere from 200m-250m)

Trung
25th May 2005, 09:08 PM
So you've been working out in the gym then?  :wink:

Answer is YES, and that ":wink:" at the end of it is very GAY Jono..

Jono
26th May 2005, 06:03 AM
So you've been working out in the gym then?  :wink:

Answer is YES, and that  ":wink:" at the end of it is very GAY Jono..

Not as GAY as those distances of yours ... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Trung
26th May 2005, 06:42 AM
Don't forget I have to give you 3 shots now :wink:

Trung
27th May 2005, 12:00 PM
1. Trung
2. Virgal
3. Jimandr
4. Aussielongdriver
5. Jono
6. Fishman Dan
7. Joey (hcp 17)
8. Paul (hcp 4) Maurice gave his spot to Paul.

So I guess that it will be

Myself, Vince and my 2 visitors in one group
Jim, ALD, Fish, Jono in another group.

Fishman Dan
27th May 2005, 12:05 PM
What time are people getting there?

Trung
27th May 2005, 01:03 PM

I'm staying over at Blacktown on Sat night.

Will try and leave there around 5.45am. Give and take an hour (+ breakfast on the way) ...

Can meet you (or anyone else) at McDonalds if you want to have breakfast. :D

3oneday
27th May 2005, 01:41 PM

Will try and leave there around 5.45am. Give and take an hour (+ breakfast on the way) ...

Can meet you (or anyone else) at McDonalds if you want to have breakfast.  :Dgeesus mate, I didn't invite you over did I :? :?

Pete :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
27th May 2005, 01:58 PM
Breakfast might be nice, but seeing as though i haven't touched my clubs since New Brighton, i might go and have a waggle somewhere prior to tee-off :lol:

Trung
27th May 2005, 02:17 PM
I might go and have a waggle somewhere prior to tee-off :lol:

Wouldn't you want to do that prior to getting out of bed? :idea:

Trung
27th May 2005, 02:19 PM

Can meet you (or anyone else) at McDonalds if you want to have breakfast.  :Dgeesus mate, I didn't invite you over did I  :?  :?

Pete :lol:  :lol:

You also said that I will be given a free R7 driver for visiting... :wink:

3oneday
27th May 2005, 02:45 PM
You also said that I will be given a free R7 driver for visiting...  :wink:ahhhhh yes, now I remember, you were bringing a blank cheque as well. 8) 8)

See ya Saturday :lol: :lol:

Trung
27th May 2005, 03:01 PM
You also said that I will be given a free R7 driver for visiting...  :wink:ahhhhh yes, now I remember, you were bringing a blank cheque as well. 8)  8)  

See ya Saturday  :lol:  :lol:

I might have to order this cheque book from a bank I just found on the internet.

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/146/01/38.jpg

Fishman Dan
27th May 2005, 03:08 PM
Holy crap - 7:15am?!

Working backwards, that's...
30 minute warmup, pay, and ablute. 6.45am
An hours drive. 5.45am
Find wallet, keys, phone 5.30am
Get up, ablute, coffee. Shower? No time.. 5AM!

I'll have $10 on ALD.

Jono
28th May 2005, 02:24 PM
Holy crap - 7:15am?!

Working backwards, that's...
30 minute warmup, pay, and ablute. 6.45am
An hours drive. 5.45am
Find wallet, keys, phone 5.30am
Get up, ablute, coffee. Shower? No time.. 5AM!

I'll have $10 on ALD.

Man ... this is going to be one early tee time. :shock: I think if you wake up any later than 5 am, you'll be risking a speeding ticket. I can supply No Doz tablets that we can take before tee off time ... Hang on, they are banned in sports, ey? :oops:

jimandr
28th May 2005, 06:19 PM
I am leaving my house at 5.15, aiming to pick up Vince at his house at Casula at 5.30. I estimate travel time of about 75 min, but I could be wrong. Unlikely to be enough time for breakfast on the way. Maybe there will be something available at the course.

Are carts compulsory, and therefore part of the fee at RO?

3oneday
28th May 2005, 06:22 PM
Are carts compulsory, and therefore part of the fee at RO?yes

Onewood
28th May 2005, 06:23 PM
Trung's playing isn't he :roll: well everyone will be up by 3.30 am :D

Grunt
28th May 2005, 07:16 PM
Have a great day guys, I will be resting as I am on nightshift tomorrow night.

Trung
29th May 2005, 04:54 PM
Congrats to Vince, the man had a great day with 36 points (with 3 wipes)... A bit cold at 7am but was ok after 10 holes 8) .

Vince won our match 6/5 8) . :D

I had 22 points myself, great golf :oops:

Jono
29th May 2005, 05:05 PM
Here's my quick impression of the day.

My putting sucked. The greens were very quick and the pins positions were a bit dodgy ... IMO. More than once, we saw good looking putts go by the hole and off the green. I bet the greenkeeper had a fight with his wife and took it out on us poor recreational golfers ... :? :lol:

I played with ALD, Fish, and Jim. I'll let Fishie go into the details of his matchplay vs ALD, but it was a case of David vs Goliath (in my eyes, anyway). Except in this case, David didn't have the sling ... he had the cushion of getting 12 strokes ... :lol: ALD hit a couple of monster drives ... One was so big and unexpected that the group in front picked up the ball and walked away with it, thinking that it was a lost ball ... :oops: Drive for show and putt for dough rang true more so than ever when ALD drove an uphill par 4 and proceeded to 4 putt.

Fishie didn't play as well as he did at New Brighton ... He hit the ball very straight and even some draws at NB ... Today, it was gay fade after gay fade ... :lol: But he did enough to win the match and that's what counted.

Jim ... I got one thing to say to Jim ... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WEDGES? Weren't YOU supposed to pay for them? :? :lol:

As to my game ... I'm in the process of "losing" my current putter and start HO'ing for a new one ... Now, where did that sidesaddle putter go ... ? :lol:

All in all, it was a good day that started a bit too early and a bit too cold ... Look forward to the next Ozgolf day.

Fishman Dan
29th May 2005, 05:30 PM
Riverside Oaks is still one of my favourite courses, hands down.

Had a great day, good front 9 but faded badly towards the end for 27 points. In the matchplay i accounted to ALD 1 up. The greens were super-slick, perhaps a touch too quick coupled with the pin positions. I heard a lot of griping about fast greens today, but i kinda liked them in a sick sort kind of way.

In the Match between ALD and myself, Stephen and i traded blows pretty much the whole way around. ALD would grabbed a 1 shot lead twice (?) on the front 9, but i squared him both times. We turned through 9 square, 16 pts each aswell (8 bogey's and a wipe for me :roll:). ALD took 10 on a hole where i sunk a monster for a single point (i'll take it), then by the 16th tee i was 2-up. Brain farts on the next 2 holes saw us come down the 18th tied. ALD bombed one right (as do all good golfers) and the door was open - I took the whole with my first par of the day (and a putt to spare ;)).

Jono
29th May 2005, 06:46 PM
Congrats to Vince, the man had a great day with 36 points (with 3 wipes)... A bit cold at 7am but was ok after 10 holes  8) .

Vince won our match 6/5  8) .  :D

I had 22 points myself, great golf  :oops:

Well played Vince. Shooting your handicap with the greens like they were today is awesome. I think we might have a new favourite for the NSW matchplay title ... :lol:

Bad luck Trung. Playing behind your group, we noted that you hit a lot of your second shots from the middle of the fairway ... We suspected that the tricky greens might have been the problem. and the fact that you had to give 15 shots :shock:

Jono
29th May 2005, 06:50 PM
Had a great day, good front 9 but faded badly towards the end for 27 points. In the matchplay i accounted to ALD 1 up. The greens were super-slick, perhaps a touch too quick coupled with the pin positions. I heard a lot of griping about fast greens today, but i kinda liked them in a sick sort kind of way.

Yes, you are a sick, sick man ... :roll: :lol:

In the Match between ALD and myself, Stephen and i traded blows pretty much the whole way around.

Don't you mean "traded BLOW UPS"? :wink:

... saw us come down the 18th tied. ALD bombed one right (as do all good golfers) and the door was open - I took the whole with my first par of the day (and a putt to spare ;)).

That soft pitch shot you played on the last was awesome. I don't think there are too many Ozgolfers who can play that shot better than the Fishman ... 8)

BrisVegas
29th May 2005, 07:11 PM
As to my game ... I'm in the process of "losing" my current putter and start HO'ing for a new one ... Now, where did that sidesaddle putter go ... ?  :lol:

Wanna trade putters for a while Jono??? I had 4 x 3-jags today and missed a couple of birdie putts inside 6 feet... Not happy at all right now. Still managed 35 points, but it could have been SOOO much better... Curiously, I played with choppa who putted beautifully with my old blade putter.... :oops: :wink:

What do you reckon we start a loaner pool of putters for those desparados on here (like me) looking for a change of fortune?

Fishman Dan
29th May 2005, 07:13 PM
That soft pitch shot you played on the last was awesome.  I don't think there are too many Ozgolfers who can play that shot better than the Fishman ...  8)

Awww... c'mon Jono, stop it. You're embarrasing me.. :oops:

How many OzGolfers in your opinion do you think could play that shot? :lol:

Trung
29th May 2005, 07:41 PM
Bad luck Trung.  Playing behind your group, we noted that you hit a lot of your second shots from the middle of the fairway ... We suspected that the tricky greens might have been the problem.  and the fact that you had to give 15 shots  :shock:

I had a shocker with all my approach shots today.

jimandr
29th May 2005, 08:56 PM
I have waited a while to post my version of events today. I've had an afternoon nap, watched some AFL and NRL, watched my tape of the World Poker Tour from Friday night. I've had enough time to find some positives out of the worst stableford score I've ever achieved, which I will put in the 'How did you play? thread.

Nobody has actually listed the scores, so for the benefit of others, here we go:

36pts, Virgal Tracy
30pts, Jono
29pts, Aussie Long driver (aka ALD)
27pts, Fishman Dan
22pts, Trung
19pts, Jimandr

7.15am is far too early for me, and I'll have to think about it before committing myself again.

Having said that, and having totally humiliated myself on the course, I still enjoyed the day.

In our group, fans of putting would have enjoyed it, for between Jono, ALD and myself we may have set a record. I had 41 putts, Jono may have had similar and ALD probably had more. With the pins where they were and the greens at hyperspeed, I've never had so many impossible putts.

ALD hit some awesome drives and two horrid four-putts, Jono hit the ball quite well and gave it away on the greens, while Dan never seemed happy with his game, but managed his way around the course quite well.

Major, major apologies to Jono for not paying up on my bet :oops: :oops: :oops: I was too traumatised from my score to meet my obligations at the time. Hopefully the interest rate on this debt won't be too great :wink:

Thanks to Vince for doing the organising.

Trung
29th May 2005, 09:09 PM
Here is a quick reminder of how cold it was this morning. My internal dash displaying the external temperature. Notice the number on the bottom right side :oops:

http://img225.echo.cx/img225/2964/img00048ns.jpg

Fishman Dan
29th May 2005, 09:35 PM
Holy crap! I never realised!!!!!!!!!!!

You listen to 2Day FM? :roll:

Aussielongdriver
30th May 2005, 06:46 AM
You could never expect to win when when you have 2 x 4 putts and 5 x 3putts.

I had many opportunities to put fishy away but lacked something called ability.
I have never putted so badly in my life.
It will take a long time to recover from that putting display.(45putts)

Virgal_Tracy
30th May 2005, 07:49 AM
Firstly, as much as i would love to see the sledging between Jono & Trungie with regards to both being beaten 6 & 5 in their matchplay, Trung posted wrong as it was only 5 & 4.

Being new to the game I haven't played on a course as good as r.O. previously. The fairways were more like the greens where I normally play so that was a pleasure. I agree that the greens were lightning but fortunately I only had one green where I putted back off the green.

Trung drove great all day but fortunately for me his second shots were just a little wayward that allowed my 15 stroke advantage to help me. My putting was also much more solid than Mac Grange.

Very happy with the 36 pts especially with 3 wipes including 2 of the last 3 holes.

Thanks to Trung and evryone for a great day. I agree with Jim that travelling that far for a 7:15 tee off is not recommended but once the sun came out and got going it was perfect, the drink cart girls weren't bad either. Thanks to Jim for the lift especially as i wasn't much use in the directions stakes.

special thanks must go to the people next door to Trung who were still performing Karaoke up til 3am. I must buy them a drink.

miro
30th May 2005, 07:49 AM
Gees guys there seems to be an awful lot of whinging about fast greens. RO greens are always quick but never silly. And there aren't any "impossible" pin position on the whole course -just huge greens with consistent slopes that never appear as slopey as they really are.

Of course if I had been there I would have been able to demonstrate this -but for now you will just have to take my word for it!!! :lol:

Fishman Dan
30th May 2005, 08:00 AM
Miro - had to be seen to be believed. My understanding is that there are some 'no-go zones' for hole placements on any green - yesterday they were all (except for the 1st and 10th maybe?) in ridiculous positions - in relation to the speed of the greens. No beef from me about the greens themselves, they rolled very truly.

ALD has said he's scarred by them - that can happen when you repeatedly blast them past the hole. Just took a good lag putt to the hole, and a finishing blow, you couldn't aim for the cup from too far away.

The number of times i heard "I thought that was going to be 5 feet short" surprised me - even putting out on the 7th (our 16th) - i guess some people never do play genuinely quick greens or just could not get used to them all day.