PDA

View Full Version : TM SuperDeep...broken shaft... :(

live4golf
26th September 2010, 05:08 PM
So I was at the range yesterday after my round and was hitting some drives...trying some different things. Anyway, I managed to collect the ground on a couple of shots and after a few more hits the head came loose and travelled a little way down the range.

The head itself seems to be unharmed, but my cool new shaft has broken directly above the ferrule. This driver has been used a handful of times, literally I have used it for 3 rounds and 2 range sessions. What are my options? - I bought it off eBay, I believe this driver originally came from GlobalGolf but I don't have anything to prove this.

Is it worth seeing what TM can do for me? - The shaft is still usable, except for the very end of it...can I get the tip prepped and a new r9 tip put on it or re-use the existing r9 tip? - I expect the shaft would be something like half to three-quarters of an inch shorter.

Please let me know what your thoughts are, obviously I am quite disappointed in this at the moment but I do hope I can make the most out of a bad situation....also, if I re-use the shaft how will that change its dynamics? - I really liked this set up.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Jarro
26th September 2010, 05:16 PM
How do you manage to collect the ground hitting your driver ??

I'm sure this is the reason the shaft broke

live4golf
26th September 2010, 05:21 PM
Teeing really low hitting into the wind, also hitting shots from the turf. You're probably right but I use driver from the fairway for a low punch fade sometimes and have never had an issue...this is what I mean by catching the ground, I don't mean catching the ground as in just slamming it in :). FWIW this driver was quite good at the low punch fade. The range is an all grass range, not synthetic and the head is still in perfect nick, or at least looks it. Explained OK?

morgy
26th September 2010, 05:22 PM
Are you sure it's legit TM? My mate had the same thing happened with a Cally FTi, only to find out it was a fakey....

If it is legit TM they'll cover it under warranty

live4golf
26th September 2010, 05:26 PM
I hope it is genuine Morgy...it certainly didn't raise any alarm bells when I picked it up, it came from a 'trusted' seller, have bought from them before.

rodders
26th September 2010, 06:41 PM
Got the same kit and love the low spin RIP shaft.

Get in contact with the seller and see what they say. If you got new should be covered by TM.

3oneday
26th September 2010, 06:54 PM
TM don't cover shafts under warranty, who would, too much conjecture. If the head fails, sure, but shafts no way.

The tip is reusable, can be pulled like any head really. If you bought it on ebay I really don't think the seller should cover you either, unfortunately what happened to you just happens.

fademan
28th September 2010, 02:48 AM
Still its very unlucky to snap a shaft like that. Either it was dodgy to start with or you hit the ground bloody hard.

Its still worth a shot with TM. I broke the shaft on a couple of month old Cally driver a few years back. Golfbox sent it to Cally who replaced it no questions asked and at completely no cost. Worst thing is they say no.

3oneday
28th September 2010, 04:04 AM
Only problem will be it's unlikely to be an Aussie driver. TM removed the worldwide warranty when ebay killed the local market.

live4golf
28th September 2010, 09:15 AM
Only problem will be it's unlikely to be an Aussie driver. TM removed the worldwide warranty when ebay killed the local market.

This is the problem...The guy I spoke with at TM said this exact same thing. I have had a very kind offer from an OxGolfer to fix it for me, might be good to have a 44.5 inch driver. Thanks for your input guys...I did hit the ground pretty hard and it id very hard ground but I certainly did not expect this result.

Thanks again.

3oneday
28th September 2010, 10:01 AM
Just as an aside, that torque wrench is wrong if that's your driver. The yellow supposedly doesn't tighten it enough.