13 - Ben KENNEDY (Sea Eagles)

Interchange:
14 - Craig WING (Roosters)
15 - Steve SIMPSON (Knights)
16 - Andrew RYAN (Bulldogs)
17 - Anthony WATMOUGH (Sea Eagles)

Jarro
16th May 2005, 03:42 PM
i like the fact that the QLD team are all in form at the moment. A lot of times in series gone by, they've picked guys that weren't really firing ... mainly because of what they'd done in the past :roll:

.. not so this year 8)

amanda
16th May 2005, 04:33 PM
I'm looking forward to a great game of footy - shame I've got a tummy bug and can't eat any pizza :smt022 (or anything that has fat, spices, acid - anything with taste :cry: )

Courty
16th May 2005, 04:35 PM
Glad to see Ty Williams in there. I didn't really think he had much chance there, but recent injuries made some room. He's been in good form in a great backline this year. He'll go well...

On the other side of the coin, I'm also glad to see Matt King in the Blues side. I've watched him play quite a bit and I like his game. He won't look out of place in a sky blue jersey.

Having said that, join me in the chorus....

QUEENSLANDER...

http://www.rlcm.com.au/gallery/origin2.jpg

Eag's
17th May 2005, 11:15 AM
Best side Queensland has put together in years :smt045
Can't wait for the first game :smt036

macleod
17th May 2005, 02:05 PM
I'm looking forward to a great game of footy - shame I've got a tummy bug and can't eat any pizza  :smt022  (or anything that has fat, spices, acid - anything with taste  :cry: )
Nnnooooooooooooooo! :D

ah, let me post my recipe for semolina porridge for you later......mmmmmmmmm.....semolina gruel......

so you won't be partaking of my MacLeod's Special Mystery Chilli - aka TheRingBlasterofDoom or "It Tastes Like Burning!!!!" ?

just a tip, one of the secret ingredients is dark chocolate.....

mike
18th May 2005, 07:25 PM
It's basically Dragons vs Cowboys with a spattering of a few Broncos and a couple of Roosters.

Go Dragons.

Onewood
21st May 2005, 05:32 PM
Jarro, can you rename this thread to "the queensland dream page" :roll: COZ THE MIGHTY BLUES ARE GOING TO KICK BUTT :roll: and the rest in here are dreaming if they think queensland have a slight chance of getting close to my boy's :D

1st game
BLUES 34
Queensland 8 (if they get lucky)

terryand
21st May 2005, 05:36 PM
How much money are you willing to put on a 26 point spread :roll:

Come on oh mighty blue juan,put ya money where ya mouth is :-k

Terry.

Onewood
21st May 2005, 06:37 PM
How much money are you willing to put on a 26 point spread :roll:

Come on oh mighty blue juan,put ya money where ya mouth is :-k

Terry.

Atleast I have had the balls to pick a score :D all you QLDers can come up with is a 2/1 thingy :roll: so come on you guy's put it on the block :D

Courty
21st May 2005, 07:39 PM
At least I have had the balls to pick a score :D all you QLDers can come up with is a 2/1 thingy :roll:  so come on you guy's put it on the block :D

QLD: 1,000,000,000,000
NSW: -3

:twisted:

Oh, and QLD will win the series 2-1. :wink: :smt023

Jarro
23rd May 2005, 07:25 AM
shame Tonie Carroll is out ..... i was looking forward to him smashing those wimpy blues forwards :twisted:

we'll still win the series 3 - 0 though 8)

Fishman Dan
23rd May 2005, 08:14 AM
I don't understand why these blokes can't play club games the weekend prior??

I contribute both the Storm and Manly's losses to not having their regular starting lineup. I'm sure it's an honour to get a call-up to Origin, but surely winning a Premiership is the pinnacle of the sport?

Jarro
23rd May 2005, 08:22 AM
St.George still won and they had 6 regular players out :roll:

Onewood
23rd May 2005, 08:24 AM
The Bronc's know how to look after there own :roll: Carroll, pulling out was a shock to the whole squad :shock: The bloke should use his last name, as his first name, this would suit the big girl better :wink:

Apparantly if he was playing NZ he would have played, BUT when he knew he was coming up against the MIGHTY BLUES pack he did'nt want to get hirt :cry: :cry:

Jarro
23rd May 2005, 11:40 AM
don't worry Kev, he'll be back for games 2 and 3 i'm sure 8)

he wouldn't wanna miss out on smashing some of your candy-arsed blouse wearing homos you call "forwards" :roll: :lol:

Courty
23rd May 2005, 12:41 PM
Carroll should use his last name, as his first name, this would suit the big girl better

I dare ya to say it to his face... :twisted:

Onewood
23rd May 2005, 05:40 PM
Still no QLDers willing to pick a score yet :roll:

Talk about brave boy's :D

OK $5 in for the nearest to the score, and yes you must pick the winner first :wink:

Eag's
23rd May 2005, 06:07 PM
Still no QLDers willing to pick a score yet :roll:

Talk about brave boy's :D

OK $5 in for the nearest to the score, and yes you must pick the winner first :wink:

Sounds good to me Kev 8)

QUEENSLAND16
blues8

Jarro
23rd May 2005, 07:02 PM
26 - 14

to QUEENSLAND of course :wink:

Courty
23rd May 2005, 07:52 PM
18 - 14 to the Banana-Benders :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fishman Dan
24th May 2005, 07:25 AM
32-4

Toads to score first. I got a good feeling about this one.

Jarro
24th May 2005, 02:45 PM
32-4

Toads to score first. I got a good feeling about this one.

that's it.

i'm putting $20 on QUEENSLAND then 8)

Onewood
25th May 2005, 04:49 PM
Hey all you Queenslanders, Just in case I don't make it to the computer until half time, can I just say goodnight to you all now :D

Coz you'll all be in bed after the first half :lol: :lol:

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

Jarro
25th May 2005, 07:25 PM
2 - 0 to the good guys early :D

Onewood
25th May 2005, 07:58 PM
3 soft penalties and a knock on try :roll: gotta be proud of that boy's :D

terryand
25th May 2005, 07:59 PM
3 soft penalties and a knock on try :roll: gotta be proud of that boy's :D

Blah,blah,blah :lol: :lol:

Terry.

Eag's
25th May 2005, 08:01 PM
Just outplaying the blues all over the field kev, just admit it mate :smt016
Your forwards walking back into position like a bunch of old fags :lol:

Bring on the second half :D

Fishman Dan
25th May 2005, 08:47 PM
Ahem.

20-19

PS - All that, with Kimmorley's kicking game. He's shit!

Eag's
25th May 2005, 09:03 PM
YOU LITTLE BLOODY BEAUTY!!!!!!
TAKE THAT YOU BLUES GIRLS :smt098 :smt098 :smt081

Jarro
25th May 2005, 09:05 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

what a great game .. even you GAYFL drongos would've been impressed by that 8)

Fishman Dan
25th May 2005, 09:06 PM
I'd like to be the first to thank Brett Kimmorley on a wonderful Origin career....

Grunt
25th May 2005, 09:15 PM
Will joey be back for the next one?

As a Souths Supporter I know the feeling of losing, if NSW players want some help I am willing to pass on what i do most mondays to feel better.

Onewood
25th May 2005, 09:15 PM
who won?

Grunt
25th May 2005, 09:16 PM
Matt Bowen intercept try in golden point 24 -20

Jarro
25th May 2005, 09:17 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

8)

goughy
25th May 2005, 09:18 PM
who won?

What's wring mate. Couldn't see the tv screen through all those tears :wink:

Jarro
I'd like to be the first to thank Brett Kimmorley on a wonderful Origin career....

.. and he's the best you got :roll: :P

Grunt
Champions win the series

QLD are series leaders at the moment

andylo
25th May 2005, 10:17 PM
Was watching the match when I am in driving range.

When it was 19-20 everyone in the range was panic and I yelled "Don't worry QLDer will win" Because I just believe it.

Well, turn out a nice little intercept from that "Bowan" guy and end up 24-20. Nice job, whoever you are ;)

Then I got a lot of ppl padding my shoulder saying "good on you" when I try to practising my swing. I want to say :evil: off to them thu, because I am concertrate on my swing!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

3oneday
26th May 2005, 05:19 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS 8)
Bring on A League hey :?: :?:

We play rugby league down here :!: :!: that's the worst game of soccer I've seen for years :P :P :P

Pete :lol: :lol:

andylo
26th May 2005, 07:26 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS  8)
Bring on A League hey  :?:  :?:

We play rugby league down here  :!:  :!: that's the worst game of soccer I've seen for years  :P  :P  :P

Pete :lol:  :lol:

Just like golf, it's not about how far you drive the ball, but how you get the ball into the hole and get the job done ;)

Fishman Dan
26th May 2005, 08:06 AM
Kimmorley's pass was FORWARD onto the chest of Bowen.

I know he can throw a good, flat pass, but dead set he gets picked off more often than anyone else in the game.

macleod
26th May 2005, 08:20 AM
Kimmorley's pass was FORWARD onto the chest of Bowen.

I know he can throw a good, flat pass, but dead set he gets picked off more often than anyone else in the game.
yet another forward pass and this time it got what it deserved.

roy and hg's comment that "even kimmorley was first to admit he's not up to playing at this level" :D

don't get me wrong, i've been supporting the blues since i was a young-un only cause i hated the broncos :) tide is turning is my brain now alfie, 3 knees hancock, gordie etc are gone....

truly shabby play from nsw last night, lot of flat standing lines.

great game overall though, had everything except a 'really' decent biff.

congrats to webb for being the new resident psycho onfield. good to see that intensity though, blues always seem to lack character for some reason....thought fitzgibbon would show some interesting stuff but didn't, nice do though, kept thinking he was kennedy...

man, simpkins could have big noted himself and sent webb off just for fun! :D

good game, next one will hopefully be a little more of a tussle....say, how many people kicked conversions for NSW last night? kept getting up for snacks but swore they went through most of the forwards.... ;)

AndyP
26th May 2005, 09:20 AM
what a great game .. even you GAYFL drongos would've been impressed by that  8)
Was there a game on? :?

Virgal_Tracy
26th May 2005, 05:18 PM
If only Slater could catch a ball NSW would've won. How he could possibly accept congrats for that I don't know.

Agreed kimmorley is a tosser. Have always thought that he was overrated and last night he proved it. Did anyone notice that NSW came back into the game when they let Barrett run things and left Kimmorley to just pass the ball which even that he managed to stuff up.

Courty
26th May 2005, 09:46 PM
Just got back to Cairns from a whirlwind trip to Brisneyland for the Origin. Some thoughts...
- that Stadium is a FANTASTIC venue for watching football.
- I don't think I'll be able to speak until next month after all of the yelling/ cheering I was doing.
- the Caxton is pure unadulterated madness
- the game was superb. I said before I went that my ideal situation would be a close game won by QLD in the last minutes... got my wish :twisted:
- I'm still waiting for Kev to respond to my SMS. I think he's choosing to ignore me. :roll: :twisted:

Onewood
26th May 2005, 11:12 PM
- I'm still waiting for Kev to respond to my SMS. I think he's choosing to ignore me. :roll:  :twisted:

I did respond to all the SMS's I recieved after the game :roll: Congratulating you Queenslanders on a Magnificent win :wink: you should have all recieved the same message :D

Jarro
27th May 2005, 05:30 AM
If only Slater could catch a ball NSW would've won. How he could possibly accept congrats for that I don't know.

Agreed kimmorley is a tosser. Have always thought that he was overrated and last night he proved it. Did anyone notice that NSW came back into the game when they let Barrett run things and left Kimmorley to just pass the ball which even that he managed to stuff up.

.. i think it was more of a case that QLD let you guys back in 'cos they were knackered from scoring all the points up 'till that stage :roll:

if we could have kept up our defensive intensity for another 10 - 15 minutes, you guys wouldn't have come close to scoring enough points to even look like winning the game.

Onewood
27th May 2005, 12:25 PM
yeh and IF me aunty had balls she'd be me uncle :lol: :lol:

Jarro
27th May 2005, 03:42 PM
yeh and IF me aunty had balls she'd be me uncle :lol:  :lol:

thanks for that mental picture Kev :smt078