PDA

View Full Version : Ogilvy will be pulling a late one for St Kilda

TheTrueReview
25th September 2010, 01:13 PM
http://www.golfweek.com/news/2010/sep/24/ogilvy-focusing-more-golf-atlanta/

Hopefully, he won't be too bleary eyed to tear into it on moving day.

"With his round of 3 under-67 pushing him to 7 under and just one off the lead at the mega-rich Tour Championship, surely Geoff Ogilvy had visions of a $1.35 million payday, or even a $10 million prize?

Nah. He was more concerned with getting back to the hotel, cleaning up, having something to eat, then settling in for his beloved St. Kilda."

"Last year, Ogilvy stayed up most of the night to watch St. Kilda lose in the Grand Final. It meant just a few hours sleep, because sitting 13 shots off the 36-hole lead, Ogilvy was out first. He went and fired a 64.

This time around, Ogilvy will get more sleep (his third-round tee time is 11:15 a.m.), but he’s obviously hoping for a better result for his team."

KristianJ
25th September 2010, 07:14 PM
I guess he'll possibly be able to make it over here next Saturday for the replay seeing that there's no other tournaments besides the Ryder Cup.

TheTrueReview
26th September 2010, 07:45 AM
He must've pulled a late one alright. A bloody 2 over par round to be sitting alone in 4th after the 3rd round. He must've turned up like "Tin Cup"; the first two holes - bogey, double bogey.

LowTee
26th September 2010, 08:24 PM
Appreciate the passion for his team but.... I mean 10 mio on the line maybe, the highlights wouldn't be a bad option!

MegaWatty
26th September 2010, 08:30 PM
Appreciate the passion for his team but.... I mean 10 mio on the line maybe, the highlights wouldn't be a bad option!

I'm sure that crossed his mind.

LarryLong
26th September 2010, 09:01 PM
I would have done the same thing if I were in his shoes and Richmond were playing.

He probably doesn't need the cash anyway. :)

goughy
26th September 2010, 11:41 PM
Somehow I don't think he's rich enough to use 10mil to wipe his ass in the loo! So I doubt he can really just kiss this away. Passionate but maybe to a fault.

TheTrueReview
27th September 2010, 08:55 AM
A 5 over 75 final round for Geoff. It all went pear shaped after his late nighter after the 2nd round. Speechless.