PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Sunday 15/5.

terryand
15th May 2005, 05:19 PM
This game was only put together after a phone call from the "new DAD" at 9.30 after he was given a leave pass for the afternoon.

So after some quick phone calls we had a group of Brisvegas,Nudgee and Tezza,Iain was called but had to work at 3.30.Was trying to get people close to Pacific considering the short notice.

Vegas and Nudgee played their match play again and it came down to the last hole again.I'll let the boys give the details.

Vegas play pretty good considering he hasn't played since McLeod and the events of the last week.

The results of the day are.

Tezza....32pts
Vegas....31pts
Nudgee..28pts

Terry.

Jarro
15th May 2005, 05:45 PM
come on lads, who won the matchplay :?: :?

BrisVegas
15th May 2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the day Terry and Jamie. It was awesome to get out for a "bonus game" !! :shock:

First game in a month, so was pretty rusty. Hit a few skunty ones and at least one shank. Chipping and bunker play was embarrassingly bad. Left a lot of putts miles short (but on-line). Terry tells me that I was just about making air swings with my putter!! :lol: :lol: (I don't watch the ball usually, so wouldn't know...)

It was good to play Nudgee in matchplay again. We had a good game at a little better standard than last time around. I got to 3 UP a couple of times, but ended up holing a 6 footer on the last for a 1 UP win. Thanks Jamie - good game. I was actually looking forward to playing you again, had I missed that putt...

Terry's got the conservative strategy off the tee sussed, in readiness for Bribie. Be afraid AndyP. :wink: When I tried being conservative off the tee, it bit me on the arrse. I hit driver ok and even connected on a few to keep up with Nudgee. Mind you, his trajectory with that TM 300 Tour was no more than 20 feet high.

Pacific was in pretty good shape. Greens were good. It's all good.

Thanks again. Hope to see you all again at Bribie. 8)

AndyP
15th May 2005, 08:10 PM
Terry's got the conservative strategy off the tee sussed, in readiness for Bribie. Be afraid AndyP. :wink:
I've heard about this conservative strategy he is planning on using. What a wuss!

nudgee
15th May 2005, 08:51 PM
Man what an awesome day at pacific - sitting at home wondering what the hell I was going to do all day and tezza rescues the day with an offer for golf at Pacific.

It was a great day and thoroughly enjoyed it - congrats to BVegas on both birth of Megan and a victory today. As was the case at McLeod it came down to the last hole - great final putt from BVegas seals the match - thank god as I really thought we would have to go at it again.

Was striking the ball alright off the tee even though the 300 Tour i have at the moment is god damn stiff or is it that I am getting old - iron play and chipping was good - however putting was same ol story - I really sux at putting with short putters!! Had my chances but my putting let me down badly - where I would miss the 6-8 footers - BVegas would drain these putts  :cry: . I need to forget my ego and go back to the belly putter - I am confined to a belly putter - I am just not made for short putters even though I am loving the roll and feel of the Phantom Scotty.

Tezza was playing quite well - this bloody 510 TP Tour of his has really levelled the playing field with drivers!!.

I am loving the 300 Tour again as I have done a full 360 and am back with the driver that started it all!! However the Blue stiff is coming out and a softer more controllable shaft is going in!!!

macleod
15th May 2005, 09:01 PM
bugger, was chomping at the bit for some golsh action today given the weather....but can't keep up with the low cap boys i guess ;)

ah well, lying on the grass with a couple of schofferhoffer and the kittens instead wasn't bad....

Jarro
16th May 2005, 04:18 AM
sounds like it was a great day 8)

congrats on the win Dion :D when i see you next you'll have to tell me what the hell "skunty" means :?

Nudgee wrote :

I need to forget my ego and go back to the belly putter - I am confined to a belly putter - I am just not made for short putters even though I am loving the roll and feel of the Phantom Scotty.

let me know if you decide to part ways with that putter mate :wink: :lol:

macleod
17th May 2005, 10:18 AM
Nice work Nudgee.. you would have been considered a right bastard to beat the new dad..wink wink.  :roll:

Congrats Dion.

Tez..Nudge...were the cigars good quality or what ?
y'see, i would have brought everyone a nice h.upmann from my own humidor on the day.....the romeo y julieta churchills went to my other mate who had his bundle of joy 3 weeks ago, ah well :D

BrisVegas
17th May 2005, 06:47 PM
Nice work Nudgee.. you would have been considered a right bastard to beat the new dad..wink wink.  :roll:

Congrats Dion.

Tez..Nudge...were the cigars good quality or what ?
y'see, i would have brought everyone a nice h.upmann from my own humidor on the day.....the romeo y julieta churchills went to my other mate who had his bundle of joy 3 weeks ago, ah well :D

Cigars eh? I guess I missed my chance. Sorry lads. :oops: Last time I had a cigar was after 10-12 rum and cokes and ended using the smelly thing for a snorkel when I fell in the pool. I'm not sure I entirely disagree with smoking them, it's just that I've never contemplated it whilst sober. They do go very nicely with bourbons or rum to add to the headspin.