PDA

View Full Version : First golf club

Trix
23rd September 2010, 01:36 PM
well i have to say since playing in the winter cup, back at secret harbor in may, my golf game has some what improved were im shooting around 85 consistently, which im proud of !, and im driving straight and only having the occasional stuff up that being the long irons and hitting a fat ball which the 60' when it dam well counts

now im having a blast getting out on the course 2 times a week and once on the weekend for 18, but the fees are starting to get the better of me when i look at how much im spending, so its time to join a course, ive got Rockingham or kwinana in mind, ive swinging close to kwini atm only because its close to work for me which is handy for the occasional 9 holes in the morning, but before i go and fork out 1450.00 on a 7 day membership, is anyone apart of these golf clubs that can offer any insight, im only worried well ide say hindered on the basis i don’t have a handicap, ( part of the reason why i want to join ) and ive never joined a golf course before and as far as what to expect well i wouldnt have a clue,

so can anyone steer me in a direction or give me some tips to make me joining a worry free experience!

and for thoes that has the joy of watching me hit that church back in may, you will be happy to know i went back there for the first time since , yesterday and shot 4 on that par 5 and my drive went straight up the middle :D

Yossarian
23rd September 2010, 01:48 PM
You are under 25 aren't you mate? KB is less than a grand but membership is probably slightly less vibrant.

Have never played rocko but hear good things. Both clubs would be a good choice.

Just give them a call or download the form on their websites.

RE not having a handicap that is no issue, that is why you join the club :)

Bruce Dickinson
23rd September 2010, 01:57 PM
Kennedy Bay has to be the choice if you want to play quality golf. I've said it on a couple of other threads, If I lived 30 minutes closer I'd be a member of KB

Yossarian
23rd September 2010, 02:03 PM
It is awesome value, 960 buck for me. I'd need to play about 24 times to get value.... I may have just talked myself into it.

Topdog
23rd September 2010, 02:53 PM
I play Rocky 16 times a year and Kwinana about 6 times a year .

Rocky is getting better every month since Cory took over as head green keeper about 2 years ago.

Kwinana is a better layout with hard fast greens and is in good condition all year round.

Almost the same dollars to be a member at both, so it boils down to the course, club house and the members you like best.

If you like links golf then it has to be KB.

Enjoy your golf and happy choosing

Cheers,

Phil

PS Can't believe how fast my post count is going up

Bruce Dickinson
23rd September 2010, 02:59 PM
I play Rocky 16 times a year and Kwinana about 6 times a year .

Rocky is getting better every month since Cory took over as head green keeper about 2 years ago.

Kwinana is a better layout with hard fast greens and is in good condition all year round.

Almost the same dollars to be a member at both, so it boils down to the course, club house and the members you like best.

If you like links golf then it has to be KB.

Enjoy your golf and happy choosing

Cheers,

Phil

PS Can't believe how fast my post count is going up
Good to see the time Corey spent at Wembley has rubbed off

Topdog
23rd September 2010, 03:06 PM
Good to see the time Corey spent at Wembley has rubbed off

Some things take a little time and alot of effort.

He has worked hard and now it is starting to show.

I have played there with a social club for 7 years and it is in the best condition ( except the new 9th hole ) I have known.

If he could make the greens a little smoother and faster the members would think he was GOD

Trix
23rd September 2010, 04:39 PM
i have never actually though of KB until i read that, i might go play 9 down there this arvo to scope it out, its a hard choice, once i have a membership i honestly want to play 5+ times a week

idgolfguy
23rd September 2010, 04:44 PM
Lucky you if you have the time!

Yossarian
23rd September 2010, 09:48 PM
If you want to play that much KB might not be such a good option, travel time and all that. But man it is good value.

hocko
24th September 2010, 09:57 AM
It is awesome value, 960 buck for me. I'd need to play about 24 times to get value.... I may have just talked myself into it.

Where have you talked yourself into Yoss?

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 10:19 AM
Your pants?

hocko
24th September 2010, 10:26 AM
Your pants?

Clown......KB or Kwinana?

Johnny Canuck
24th September 2010, 10:39 AM
KB hocko.

Can't play Melville today, putting in some family time as I haven't seen them this week.

Trix,
KB is awesome.

If you are going to join one of the others, check their weekly comp times to make sure that it doesn't interfere with when you would want to play. You dont have that worry at KB>

hocko
24th September 2010, 10:44 AM
KB hocko.

Can't play Melville today, putting in some family time as I haven't seen them this week.

Trix,
KB is awesome.

If you are going to join one of the others, check their weekly comp times to make sure that it doesn't interfere with when you would want to play. You dont have that worry at KB>

I might try and get down there.
Anyone heading down there at any stage?

Johnny Canuck
24th September 2010, 11:08 AM
kb was cored a little under 2 weeks ago. keep that in mind.

hocko
24th September 2010, 11:56 AM
kb was cored a little under 2 weeks ago. keep that in mind.

Cheers...Melville it is.

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 08:41 PM
I have almost talked myself into KB. But 40-50 minutes travel time. If I play once every two weeks I am getting value. What days do they have comp?

MegaWatty
24th September 2010, 08:46 PM
Weds from memory.

adlo
24th September 2010, 09:00 PM
Wed/Sat Yoss.

Surely KB is only half an hour from Melville?

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 09:03 PM
Just depends on traffic/ lights mate. I always allow 45 minutes. Google reckons it is 50 but what would they know.

964 bucks though... Saturdays I work, but maybe I could change that.

adlo
24th September 2010, 09:06 PM
I get to KB in 40 mins for a Sat AM comp, 45 mins home. But that is Vic Park. I thought you'd be 10 mins closer than that.

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 09:08 PM
Leach Highway can take awhile at times. Saturday morning it would be ok.

Mmm KB.

adlo
24th September 2010, 09:10 PM
I am moving in the next month. Not sure where. If it is closer to KB, I'll prob rejoin. Best course in Perth that is affordable.

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 09:27 PM
Nice. That could be the final push I need.

MegaWatty
24th September 2010, 09:39 PM
Nice. That could be the final push I need.

TWSS.

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 09:41 PM
I hope you all realise I set you people up for these moments.

MegaWatty
24th September 2010, 09:42 PM
I normally leave them alone.

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 09:44 PM
To good to resist.

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 10:06 PM
Does it have any recips?

Golfnut
24th September 2010, 11:00 PM
Where do you live and work Trix?......surely that's gotta be a big factor in whether you go for KB, Rocko or K.

If they're all in acceptable range for you (as they are for me), I'd be going for KB personally followed by Kwinana.....Not a big fan of Rockos front 9 although the 9th isn't a bad hole with its new green, back 9 is a different story though.....very nice.

Best thing about all 3 clubs is the noms are pretty cheap so if you find KB not to your liking after a couple of years, it won't hurt too much financially to move on and try the other clubs.

Hocko, Yoss & I had this discussion out at K on Thursday regarding the noms of a lot of the other clubs NOR etc..., ranging anywhere from $2.4k to $5.5k plus yearly membership fees on top........you would have to seriously have a good hard think about what you were doing/joining before coughing up the nomination fees (assuming you could get in) as you would virtually be picking a club for life at those sort of $$$'s. Even if you were pretty cashed up, paying $3000+ for noms at a club only to find after 12 months you hate the place, would seriously hurt financially to walk away from.

Either way I doubt you could go wrong with either of the 3 courses mentioned Trix.

idgolfguy
24th September 2010, 11:18 PM
At the Vines, you could resell/onsell or lease out your membership.

Not too much of a loss.

Golfnut
24th September 2010, 11:25 PM
Great idea that ID......at least your noms have some sort of residual value with that option.

Yossarian
25th September 2010, 12:28 AM
Keeps the riff raff out though.

idgolfguy
25th September 2010, 09:10 AM
Keeps the riff raff out though.

There's still plenty to go around.

adlo
25th September 2010, 11:45 AM
Does it have any recips?

Sun City and somewhere down south-west, but can't remember where atm.

fademan
25th September 2010, 12:12 PM
Sun City and somewhere down south-west, but can't remember where atm.

The Sanctuary

Yossarian
25th September 2010, 07:46 PM
Cool.

adlo
25th September 2010, 07:52 PM
The Sanctuary

That's a crying shame.

Yossarian
25th September 2010, 07:54 PM
Bunbury would have been a better choice!

adlo
25th September 2010, 07:55 PM
Bunbury don't need the riff raff from KB on their pristine track.

Yossarian
25th September 2010, 07:56 PM
I heard they asked Harfield but the ungrateful sods turned them down.

adlo
25th September 2010, 07:58 PM
Kennedy Bay members rallied together to stop that happening as they felt Hartfield #16 was the worst hole in Perth.

Yossarian
25th September 2010, 08:03 PM
That album in the music thread does sound good.

Much better than 16 at Hartfield.

fademan
25th September 2010, 08:03 PM
Now now, be nice

adlo
25th September 2010, 08:05 PM
That album in the music thread does sound good.

Much better than 16 at Hartfield.
Check out the next track, Angela Surf City, it'll be on youtube.

Way, way better than 15 and 16 at Hartfield.

Golfnut
25th September 2010, 10:28 PM
Kennedy Bay members rallied together to stop that happening as they felt Hartfield #16 was the worst hole in Perth.

....and the greens are shite this time of the year.....full of dying winter grass....

MegaWatty
25th September 2010, 11:07 PM
....and the greens are shite this time of the year.....full of dying winter grass....

You'd still have 48 putts on them.

Golfnut
25th September 2010, 11:29 PM
Joking MW, joking...and not sure how you're confusing me with Yoss :lol:

MegaWatty
25th September 2010, 11:32 PM
Joking MW, joking...and not sure how you're confusing me with Yoss :lol:

I know mate. Just chiming in on the fun buddy.

Golfnut
25th September 2010, 11:55 PM
Phew....thought you'd gone all serious on my ass....

Yossarian
26th September 2010, 03:08 PM
You want him seriously on your arse?

Golfnut
26th September 2010, 04:04 PM
Sorry, was watching Tropic Thunder last night and was going a little blaaaaack.

idgolfguy
26th September 2010, 04:17 PM
Enjoyable movie.

Golfnut
26th September 2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah pretty funny, although took a while to get going...