PDA

View Full Version : Treadmills

MegaWatty
22nd September 2010, 10:51 PM
Anyone got the low down on the good, the bad and the ugly?

Yossarian
22nd September 2010, 10:52 PM
Only women use treadmills.

MegaWatty
22nd September 2010, 10:53 PM
That's why I'm getting one. Beers at my house boys? ;)

Grunt
22nd September 2010, 10:59 PM
Had one here and it turned into an ironing rack, sold it 6 months ago not missed.

MegaWatty
22nd September 2010, 11:01 PM
Always the danger of them.

simmsy
22nd September 2010, 11:06 PM
spend money, don't buy something that you think is cheaper. alot of the cost goes into the shock absorption when running on them.
Life Fitness are the shizz, don't buy orbit.

maybe try elite and ask them.

simmsy
22nd September 2010, 11:08 PM
http://www.lifefitness.com.au/productdetails.php?catid=20&productid=455&detail=specifications

MegaWatty
22nd September 2010, 11:11 PM
5k!

I'm out!

Yossarian
22nd September 2010, 11:13 PM
Buy a pair of joggers and socks.

Put on.

Run.

Grunt
22nd September 2010, 11:17 PM
Cant rememberthe brand of ours but it was pricey, think we paid over 3K for it in 99. Sold it for $200

simmsy
23rd September 2010, 12:09 AM
quality costs Mega, worst thing you can do is buy a crappy cheap one, they can't support the impact of someone running on it for any length of time and provide no shock absorption so you're just running on metal plates.

5k for you is like, loose change down the back of your couch!

Johnny Canuck
23rd September 2010, 12:12 AM
So would Tourfit need one that costs about $50K?

goughy
23rd September 2010, 12:32 AM
Bigger motor will help life. Also it's top speed. Make sure it has a wide enough and long enough deck to comfortably run on. Water bottle holder. Gyms will off load their old ones to people who service them up and on sell them and you can get a top model cheaper that way.

Jarro
23rd September 2010, 06:05 AM
We got one of those CardioTech ones you see Duncan Armstrong advertising.

Seems to still be going OK after a couple of years

TheTrueReview
23rd September 2010, 06:32 AM
Had one here and it turned into an ironing rack, sold it 6 months ago not missed.

+ 1 here MW. I used to have a chick years ago who rented a room at my house. She was basically a lazy couch potato. One day she said she wanted to lose weight & said she wanted to buy a treadmill & asked if she could put it in the lounge room. I tried to talk her out of it (eg. join the gym that is two streets away, go for walks locally etc) but she went on about how she didn't feel safe on the streets & all of that emotive crap. Anyway, the treadmill arrived. Was hardly used. It basically sat in the lounge room getting in the road.

PerryGroves
23rd September 2010, 06:57 AM
Anyone got the low down on the good, the bad and the ugly?

Mega, I got myself one when I was stacking on the weight after my ankle operation. I can walk but am a long way off running, they are great because of the low impact. That said, it's drying a few shirts at the moment. Bought off flea bay, most will be pick up because of the weight, also took me over an hour to rebuild it, like someone said, those orbit ones look shite.

Edit, gotta stop calling it a treadmill, I am waffling about a cross trainer

Eldrick
23rd September 2010, 09:02 AM
join a gym
cheaper more equipment and you get to perv on fit chicks

Moe Norman
23rd September 2010, 09:28 AM
I had one, and it was a piece of junk.

I think we paid about $1800 for it, and after 3 months of me (100kg) running on it. Game Over.

Had to get a new belt etc, and ended up just selling it to some sucker on ebay for $600