PDA

View Full Version : That avatar jaster!!

goughy
29th May 2004, 07:38 PM
The boss says to me that avatar is just crude. What's the go mate. Been talking too much to jarro have ya?

terryand
29th May 2004, 08:15 PM
Naughty sheriff,if were going down that path I'll get an Avatar off George's site :smt103

You know the ones :smt119

Terry.

goughy
29th May 2004, 08:18 PM
I hope he responds here soon so people will know what we're talking about terry :D

clikchic
29th May 2004, 10:20 PM
Now isn't this a MUCH cooler avatar?????

http://www.ozgolf.net/jaster.jpg

:wink:

jaster
29th May 2004, 10:45 PM
Nope :roll:

McMw
29th May 2004, 10:59 PM
hmmm....seeing lefty in a star jump or 2matchsticks going at it.... :?

I'll rather have the matchsticks!!! :wink:

goughy
30th May 2004, 06:07 AM
Unfortunately he's now changed it mcmw. It was something totally more impressive and totally more crude than lefty's star jump, although, not by much. :wink:

AndyP
30th May 2004, 07:37 AM
Come on, give us a description. What was it?

goughy
30th May 2004, 07:41 AM
It had something to do with a "hump"

Jarro
30th May 2004, 08:49 AM
geez.... i'm away for a day and i miss something rude :( :roll:

was that the pic of the stick people going at it missionary :?:

am i allowed to say that :?:

howcome i can't have a rude avatar :?: double standards me-thinks :lol:

jaster
30th May 2004, 09:47 AM
All right then...here it is...be afraid be very afraid :shock:

jaster
30th May 2004, 09:48 AM
http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/goughy.JPG

:P :wink:

McMw
30th May 2004, 10:29 AM
yeesh goughy.....
what's with the straight right leg??? :shock:

jaster
30th May 2004, 10:33 AM
yeesh goughy.....
what's with the straight right leg??? :shock:

LOL mau, that photo is from 6 months ago.....the leg is actually a common fault of a lot of golfers and I had the same problem for a while!! That's one of the swing fixes we have been working on with him, let me say that it is not there anymore ;)

Jarro
30th May 2004, 10:39 AM
nice shirt goughy :P :lol:

Golfgirl
30th May 2004, 07:01 PM
geez.... i'm away for a day and i miss something rude :( :roll:

was that the pic of the stick people going at it missionary :?:

am i allowed to say that :?:

howcome i can't have a rude avatar :?: double standards me-thinks :lol:

I think you already have.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

BrisVegas
30th May 2004, 07:04 PM
Jaster/Goughy,

Where was that pic taken?? Is that the Toowoomba driving range??? Also, was Goughy putting on a show of trick shots?? :wink: Looks like he was demonstrating the sweeping hook shot out around the rightmost post!

nick
30th May 2004, 07:04 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/goughy.JPG

:P :wink:
What are you aiming at?

Nick

goughy
30th May 2004, 07:20 PM
You people are cruel, cruel I tell you. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Can't a person hit a shank in peace anymore. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was dressed for WORK............ I didn't want to get my good clothes dirty. :shock:

I just can't handle it anymore. I wonder if my therapist is at home. I hope he dosen't mind me calling him at home. [-o<

jaster
30th May 2004, 07:25 PM
You people are cruel, cruel I tell you. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was dressed for WORK............ I didn't want to get my good clothes dirty. :shock:

I just can't handle it anymore. I wonder if my therapist is at home. I hope he dosen't mind me calling him at home. [-o<

Don't worry about them goughy, I don't see them getting out and hitting balls at 6am when that photo was taken ;)

Brisvegas - That's the City range alright ;) All 170m of it :roll:

Nick - you'll have to ask goughy what he was aiming at?? I think the dark green pine tree to the right of the 2 white stakes in the fairway!!

Golfgirl
30th May 2004, 07:25 PM

Don't use the s-word Goughy, that word is not allowed in our house.... or our car.... or our golf course.... or anywhere.... :lol: :lol:

nick
30th May 2004, 07:26 PM
I've worked it out and you have got to be aiming at least 40 yards right of that green, lol, lol, lol.

Come down to Sydney and let me beat you and take your money!

Nick

jaster
30th May 2004, 07:32 PM
I've worked it out and you have got to be aiming at least 40 yards right of that green, lol, lol, lol.

Nick

Now now Nick, new members had better not be trying to upset the establishment should they??? ;) Seriously though I think you all would be surprised at the changes we've made to goughy in the past few months. He has committed himself very well and I think he is only a few more games away from single figures. :D

nick
30th May 2004, 07:34 PM

Nick

Now now Nick, new members had better not be trying to upset the establishment should they??? ;) Seriously though I think you all would be surprised at the changes we've made to goughy in the past few months. He has committed himself very well and I think he is only a few more games away from single figures. :D
Good stuff.

If I had a digital cam I would get some pics of my swing up on the site, I'm gonna have to get a tape from my coach.

Nick

Eag's
30th May 2004, 07:43 PM
Damn goughy!! that shirt would scare away sharks :smt110
Nice position at the top though mate :wink:

terryand
30th May 2004, 07:51 PM
Hey Goughy,noticed in that shot that your club is pointing wat left of where your feet are aiming.Could be an issue that its not aiming at the target with your feet,but then it might be noting to worry about.

Terry.

jaster
30th May 2004, 08:05 PM
Hey Goughy,noticed in that shot that your club is pointing wat left of where your feet are aiming.Could be an issue that its not aiming at the target with your feet,but then it might be noting to worry about.

Terry.

found this also while I found that photo of goughy ;) Not sure who posted the commentry...blakey I think?

http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/Tezza.jpg

jaster
30th May 2004, 08:18 PM
FEEL THE POWER!!! :shock:

http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/JarroatWynnum6th.jpg

nick
30th May 2004, 08:18 PM
What does Jarro play like?

Nick

jaster
30th May 2004, 08:22 PM
The phreaks!!!

http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/xxxgroupsmall.jpg

jaster
30th May 2004, 08:25 PM
Jarro goes well for a busy shift working family man, given some free time like you students and he would easy be a 6 marker!!! He is a 13 marker at the moment I think?

terryand
30th May 2004, 08:26 PM

Terry.

found this also while I found that photo of goughy ;) Not sure who posted the commentry...blakey I think?

Flawless hey mate :smt045

great weight transfer,what can I say :smt047

Terry.

jaster
30th May 2004, 08:29 PM

Terry.

Flawless hey mate :smt045

great weight transfer,what can I say :smt047

Terry.

Don't say a word :twisted: :wink:

nick
30th May 2004, 08:38 PM
I dont have as much time as you think.

Monday to Friday, school from 9 am to 3:30 pm.
Saturday-Soccer at either 1 or 3 (worst times ever, hard to get a spot for golf)
Sunday-Work from 9 am to 4 pm.

Plus, we have crap weather in winter here in Sydney.

I havn't played golf in like 3 weeks!

Nick

jaster
30th May 2004, 08:45 PM
Here is an embarrassing photo, this was shot at the same time as goughys...6 months ago...I've had 2 swing changes since then :roll:

http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/jasterpreimpact.JPG

jaster
30th May 2004, 08:47 PM
I dont have as much time as you think.

Monday to Friday, school from 9 am to 3:30 pm.
Saturday-Soccer at either 1 or 3 (worst times ever, hard to get a spot for golf)
Sunday-Work from 9 am to 4 pm.

Plus, we have crap weather in winter here in Sydney.

I havn't played golf in like 3 weeks!

Nick

LOL...I can see at least 17 hours of practice and 1 morning round (sat) in that schedule :wink:

McMw
30th May 2004, 09:23 PM
Here is an embarrassing photo, this was shot at the same time as goughys...6 months ago...I've had 2 swing changes since then :roll:

somehow, I don't think any1's gonna pass critique on a 4hcper... 8)
just a hunch!!! :wink:

jaster
30th May 2004, 09:36 PM

somehow, I don't think any1's gonna pass critique on a 4hcper... 8)
just a hunch!!! :wink:

I'll do it then....these are the things I have changed or am changing since then. In the past 12 months I have come down from an 8 handicap to a 4 so something is working ;)

POSTURE
1. Feet closed, shoulders open - This has been fixed
2. Feet pointing too much to the front, these have been squared
3. Hunching a little, standing more upright and head not as tilted

1. Rear leg (like goughy's pic) straightens too much, been working very hard on maintaining the address knee bend all the way to impact
2. First move down was with my shoulders (over the top)..this has been hard to kick but over the past few months things have improved 100%

IMPACT
1. Rear foot coming up too quick adjusting from being too straight, this has been fixed a little but is a benefit if everything else is in sync so has was not the major concern.
2. Hitting out to 11 O'clock (1 O'clock for you righty's) instead of 12 to promote draw
3. Transferring weight through to front leg better and getting up on the toe of the rear leg...BIG IMPROVEMENTS STILL NEEDED.

Phew...I think that is about it for now ;)

McMw
30th May 2004, 09:55 PM
hey...props tp you my man!!! :D

I was just discussing this evening with a fellow golfer at the range...

He's a classic...he's at the range every other night, and after his 18holers...
Works hard on getting the "perfect" swing, and can post a good score now and then for his hcp (12)...

He was telling me his "grievances" and all I could offer was that when I'm out there, I'm not even thinking of my swing, what it looks like, how it "should" look like etc...

All I'm doing is looking at where I want to hit the ball, where I want to miss the ball, what kind of shot/trajectory I want to hit it in...that's it...

I just think (IMO) it's something most mid-hcpers could do with...
just focus on visualizing the shot, and look for the "better" spot to miss it, rather than how the swing should be or look like...

Afterall, that's what the range is for... :wink:

jaster
30th May 2004, 10:04 PM
hey...props tp you my man!!! :D

I was just discussing this evening with a fellow golfer at the range...

He's a classic...he's at the range every other night, and after his 18holers...
Works hard on getting the "perfect" swing, and can post a good score now and then for his hcp (12)...

He was telling me his "grievances" and all I could offer was that when I'm out there, I'm not even thinking of my swing, what it looks like, how it "should" look like etc...

All I'm doing is looking at where I want to hit the ball, where I want to miss the ball, what kind of shot/trajectory I want to hit it in...that's it...

I just think (IMO) it's something most mid-hcpers could do with...
just focus on visualizing the shot, and look for the "better" spot to miss it, rather than how the swing should be or look like...

Afterall, that's what the range is for... :wink:

Great attitude mau - I try and do exactly this as well and that's why me and goughy have been putting in the practice time, just too hard working on big changes when you only play once a month. :roll:

For the next few months during pennants it is going to be even more important to focus on 1 shot at a time.....think ball, hole then hit ;)

AndyP
31st May 2004, 07:51 AM
If it was an after shot, we could place a grid over the photo, and have a competition for guessing where the ball is. :) Everyone is guessing where it is going.

The Wynnum photos were taken by g69 during his recovery period.

Jarro
31st May 2004, 09:08 AM
What does Jarro play like?

Nick

pretty ordinary at the moment :oops:

off 12.6 thanks to my crappy game at Logan....

.. but i'm on my way upwards......watch this space :shock: :lol:

thanks for asking Nick :wink:

goughy
31st May 2004, 09:40 AM
If it was an after shot, we could place a grid over the photo, and have a competition for guessing where the ball is. :)

I don't know what the grid co-ordinate would be, but I bags the one about 50mtrs in front of me where it is still rolling along the ground. :oops:

AndyP
31st May 2004, 11:55 AM
If it was an after shot, we could place a grid over the photo, and have a competition for guessing where the ball is. :)

I don't know what the grid co-ordinate would be, but I bags the one about 50mtrs in front of me where it is still rolling along the ground. :oops:

:lol:

Golfgirl
31st May 2004, 08:44 PM

and I bags the one that is violently hooking left, never to be seen again.... :roll: :oops: :lol: