PDA

View Full Version : $50 bucks good buy or $50 wasted

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
20th September 2010, 08:00 PM
the Lind debate will carry on till the cows come home, but as a basher driver is it worh spending 50 notes on, or buy a secondhand half decent one??

http://www.lindgolf.com.au/golf-clubs/woods/apache-460-titanium-driver-demo

Ferrins
20th September 2010, 08:09 PM
It's good to use inferior equipment, takes the pressure off having to perform at your best.

3oneday
20th September 2010, 08:12 PM
You should ask all these guys who haven't spent more than $150 on a driver before you use that shite.

Ferrins
20th September 2010, 08:18 PM
You'd get a better driver at Aldi

razaar
20th September 2010, 08:29 PM
Years ago I had a KZG PFT 350 driver made to my specs by a local Brissy clubfitter. At the time this was as good as you could get in component golf equipment in Australia. I hadn't had it long when I came across an identical driver by Head (associated with tennis equipment). Obviously both heads were made by the same people. My point being that many component, generic and others are made by the same factories most probably using identical materials and manufacturing processes.

Daves
20th September 2010, 08:33 PM
I know a few guys that happily use Lind Drivers, though they tend to be shorter hitters who find them accurate rather than long. The heads are probably reasonable, its the shafts and grips that are usually the let down in the equation. Pay extra and get the UST shafts if you decide you want one. But then for $100 you would get a pretty fair 2nd hand driver in the Pro Shop or on the Bay.

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
20th September 2010, 09:59 PM
thats was my point. it's on that boarder line between cheap and new shite, stiill for a first new driver it's a option