PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Redcliffe 21 October. Cops & Robbers Charity Golf Day

Hux
17th September 2010, 03:00 PM
Folks

Morning and afternoon field. Event is Single Stableford. Absolutely heaps of prizes - and good ones. I took home a $300 Panasonic digital camera last year.

All money goes to Police Legacy to support the children of police who died on duty.

From memory its 7.00am and 12.00pm shotgun start. $35 with a meal.

Time sheet will end up at the pro shop at Redcliffe however I can book direct with the QPGC captain early and hopefully get some decent tees for the shotgun start :-) Electric carts will be first in first served so book early with Redcliffe Pro shop if playing.

I will probably play in the 7.30am field.

Eag's 43
henno 40
Hux 40
ddasey 38
Ferrins 36
Daves 36

Ferrins
17th September 2010, 03:02 PM
Morning
1. Hux
2.Ferrins

Eag's
17th September 2010, 03:03 PM
Morning
1. Hux
2.Ferrins
3.Eag's

henno
17th September 2010, 03:12 PM
Morning
1. Hux
2. Ferrins
3. Eag's
4. henno

I might feel like playing golf again by then.

ddasey
17th September 2010, 03:22 PM
Morning
1. Hux
2. Ferrins
3. Eag's
4. henno
5. ddasey

Hux
17th September 2010, 03:26 PM
I might feel like playing golf again by then.

Hope so too mate. Champs won't be the same without your hot pink outfit :-)

razaar
17th September 2010, 03:33 PM
Morning
1. Hux
2. Ferrins
3. Eag's
4. henno
5. ddasey
6. razaar

PeteyD
17th September 2010, 03:58 PM
Be sorry to miss this :(

ddasey
17th September 2010, 05:07 PM

Daves
17th September 2010, 06:16 PM
Morning
1. Hux
2. Ferrins
3. Eag's
4. henno
5. ddasey
6. razaar
7. Daves

(I'm taking a punt that he will be in this):smt023

sms316
17th September 2010, 06:18 PM
Morning
1. Hux
2. Ferrins
3. Eags
4. henno
5. ddasey
6. razaar
7. Daves (I'm taking a punt that he will be in this)
8. sms

Afternoon

I'll find a way to make this fit. Although the pricks already make enough money out of me with their speed cameras.

ddasey
17th September 2010, 06:41 PM
I'll find a way to make this fit. Although the pricks already make enough money out of me with their speed cameras.

Luckily it's a voluntary contribution. :mrgreen:

nudgee
12th October 2010, 04:53 PM
Morning
1. Hux
2. Ferrins
3. Eags
4. henno
5. ddasey
6. razaar
8. sms

1st Reserve for morning group - Nudgee

razaar
12th October 2010, 05:00 PM
Nudgee take my spot as I can't play...have to pick up my son & family from the airport.

Morning
1. Hux
2. Ferrins
3. Eags
4. henno
5. ddasey
6. nudgee
8. sms

Hux
12th October 2010, 07:08 PM
Okay guys the deal is that tee off is at 7.00am sharp. If you want a buggy ring the pro shop and book it.

You need to be there no later than 6.30am to pay and then get out to the tee.

I am going to try and pull strings to get off the 2nd & 4th tees so we finish nice and close to the club house.

Anymore interest let me know ASAP so I can check availability.

Also can you confirm you attendance so spots can be released early.

Handicaps are AGU or Callaway if you don't have one.

Daves
12th October 2010, 07:10 PM
By Buggy I presume you mean Cart? Are you walking? I am a definite.

ddasey
12th October 2010, 07:12 PM
Consider me confirmed. I will be walking.

Good work Hux.

Ferrins
12th October 2010, 07:21 PM
I'm good

Eag's
12th October 2010, 07:46 PM
Lock me in Hux and I will be walking.

Hux
12th October 2010, 08:23 PM
Yep - cart if you want. I will be walking myself.

I will be staying on to assist with the afternoon field as well.

Ned
12th October 2010, 08:29 PM

As long as you take the clicgear and not the backwards Smoothy!

Ferrins
15th October 2010, 08:28 AM
This should be fun! Might throw the kayak in for a dawn assault.

Hopefully I won't get charged.

sms316
15th October 2010, 09:17 AM
I'm a probable. Can't say 100% but likely. If that isn't good enough then scrub me out.

Walking.

Ferrins
15th October 2010, 09:51 AM
I'm a probable. Can't say 100% but likely. If that isn't good enough then scrub me out.

Walking.
Maybe you need to show more commitment to your new dream job. First there last to leave and all of that.

nudgee
17th October 2010, 08:39 PM
Sorry Hux, gotta pull out, need to be in Sydney on Thursday.

Enjoy

ddasey
19th October 2010, 12:48 PM
So weather has been good so far this week, hopefully it will hold out for Thursday.

So Hux, what hole we off and what are the groupings ??

Eag's
19th October 2010, 01:37 PM
The forecast is for a few showers over the next few days, I hope they are right for once.

Hux
19th October 2010, 04:40 PM
No idea on the holes off. That will be on the cards on the morning. Make sure you are there at 6.30 to pay.

We will make sure we have a Cop in each group of Robbers so I will lead one group, Ddasey the other.

Group 1: Hux, Henno, Eags & SMS since I haven't had hit with you guys for ages.....
Group 2 Ddasey, Ferrins, Daves

Any takers for the spare spot of Nudgee's?

Eag's
19th October 2010, 04:41 PM
Looking forward to it Hux :)

Ferrins
19th October 2010, 04:57 PM
I'm wondering Howlong Eags will be off the tee now.

Eag's
19th October 2010, 05:53 PM
:lol:

henno
19th October 2010, 07:03 PM
I'm wondering Howleft Eags will be off the tee now.

Fixed.

Eag's
19th October 2010, 07:08 PM
Yep long and left sounds about right to me ;)

Ferrins
19th October 2010, 07:10 PM
I never said that.

Onewood
19th October 2010, 09:22 PM

I used to play in these when I was living in Brisbane
You guys will have an awesome day (bit hard to beat the cops (who turn into robbers for the day) ) hence the naming :)
Usually have an Auction after the arvo round
Hux, Say hello to Mike Dunn, for me. he usually plays in the arvo.

Hux
19th October 2010, 09:26 PM
I used to play in these when I was living in Brisbane
You guys will have an awesome day (bit hard to beat the cops (who turn into robbers for the day) ) hence the naming :)
Usually have an Auction after the arvo round
Hux, Say hello to Mike Dunn, for me. he usually plays in the arvo.

No problems - Dunny just retired actually. I've play with him a bit actually as prior to retirement we were both in the same building at Logan.

AndyP
19th October 2010, 09:30 PM
It sounds like it will be a great day, guys. I keep checking on this thread in hope of being able to find a way to play it, but it's just not doable.

Ferrins
19th October 2010, 09:34 PM
Will we be getting any free donuts?

Daves
20th October 2010, 12:29 AM
Hux streeted this event last year with a burglaristic 47 points from memory. Will 2010 be a repeat?

Hux
20th October 2010, 08:35 AM
Nope - had my one good round for the year at Nudgee a month or so ago. It's up to you guys.

sms316
20th October 2010, 03:09 PM
I'm out. Sorry about the late notice but you will have a better time without me.

Ferrins
20th October 2010, 03:39 PM
Splitter! Book him Hux.

henno
20th October 2010, 04:54 PM
I'm out. Sorry about the late notice but you will have a better time without me.

You fooking mongrel. I was looking forward to the catch-up.

Ferrins
20th October 2010, 04:57 PM
Go away rain, my stuff has just dried out from the champs.

Hux
20th October 2010, 09:02 PM

Pussy....get your ass down and have a hit with us. You and Henno can discuss the joys of employment...or just stand there and cop shite from me and Eags as we shank our wedges around the course!

Eag's
20th October 2010, 09:09 PM
I think Shaun is off to Tibet to find himself :razz:

AndyP
20th October 2010, 09:09 PM
Hey! Eag's has had 33 shank-free rounds (I'm sure he'll correct me, if I'm wrong).

Eag's
20th October 2010, 09:12 PM
Correct AP, glad somebody is listening ;)

henno
20th October 2010, 09:44 PM
That's probably because it's been about 33 rounds since he last played with me.

Eag's
21st October 2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the hit today guys, top fun as usual :)
Can someone add the scores to the first post, cheers.
Scores
Eag's 43
henno 40
Hux 40
ddasey 38
Ferrins 36
Daves 36

henno
21st October 2010, 02:36 PM
It's worth mentioning that Eag's had a wash and two 1-pointers on his way to 43 points. Not to mention a few flubs and some shit drives too! Well played, Rich!

I also had a couple of wipes, a swag of missed putts, blades and flubs but no shanks thankfully. Nice to get a decent round away for the first game back though. Eag's and I were all square on the last hole with both of us 115-ish out from the green. He took par for a 3-pointer and I took a wipe. C'est la vie.

Also, I've never played in a group before where every player had 40 points or more. Sure, were were only a three but it still counts. Also, an ozgolf day where everyone played to their handicap or better? That has to be a rarity, especially when I'm playing.

Ferrins
21st October 2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the game guys. It was the wild west out there with some great scores. 47 points was the best score by Sargent Donga Mackay, who must of played off the ladies tees like the dodgy group of blokes in front of us.

ddasey
21st October 2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks Hux for organising, a good day was had.

Thanks to Ferrins & Daves for the good company.

It was good to see Henno back out amongst it.

Daves
21st October 2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the round guys. thanks for the Headie Chris;)

Ewes didn't mention the Raffle bonanza!, everyone gets a prize, Eags and Ferrins getting liquored up:roll:;)

Cops and Robbers day is always worth a hit, lots of good prizes, plenty of raffles to take your money, good course, OK company;). They need to do something about the bar chicks though, and Ferrins couldn't manage a pick up even when he offered to supply the wine;).

The cored greens were pretty sluggish, but otherwise couldn't fault the course, it was in top nick as usual.

Mr Dasey has quite some short game developing there. If his coach can get him a bit more consistent on the longer shots, he is going to kick some serious arse in the next few months.

Ferrins hit the drive of the day (he hit quite a few actually!), somehow it managed to finish in a paper bag, wonder how that happened?;)

Jarro
21st October 2010, 04:55 PM
Nice shooting gents... particularly Eag's and henno :)

Eag's
21st October 2010, 05:03 PM
It was a very well run day indeed with all money going to a good cause.
Henno & Hux both played some impressive golf with only a few points separating all three of us all day.
Winning a bottle of Bacardi and a hat in the raffle was a nice bonus, I will be backing up again next year :)

BrisVegas
21st October 2010, 05:26 PM
Crikey Eag's! Top shooting.

When's the last time 36 points came last at an ozgolf day?!?!

razaar
21st October 2010, 08:33 PM
Good scores lads and well done Richard. The conditions would have seemed benign after Sunday's round at Pelican Waters.

Hux
21st October 2010, 09:04 PM
Well just home after fleecing the PM field on raffles....the mega raffle to finish the day was the pick of them.

Firstly - thanks for coming out and spending some $ to support Camp Quality and Police Legacy.
Cops & Robbers is a great day in that you need a proper handicap and they divide the field so there are heaps of good prizes. The main organisers are real golfers and hate seeing the usual rip off ambrose et al but want heaps of prizes for proper golf.
Secondly - thanks to Henno and Eags for a great game. It took me back to a few games earlier this year where we have had leisurely rounds in the morning at Wynnum and Redcliffe. It was also great to get Henno back Ozgolfing - the new shorter backswing is making a difference.
Thirdly - Henno and Eags - thanks for making my wedge play look half way decent. I was the only one in the group to not blade a wedge. In fact my one flub paled into insignificance :-)

Finally - Eags - You won B grade for Robbers (Citizens) and a big Sunbeam Electric Wok. Henno was third in the same category and some Russell Hobbs Salt & Pepper shakers. They are here at my place and next game I'll bring them or if you want them earlier let me know.

Glad everyone had a good day....Ferrins - one of those boilers was not bad...might have needed the Bacardi to do the job though :-)

Eag's
21st October 2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks again Hux, this event will marked on my calendar for next year mate :smt023
I will grab that nice new wok off you next time we have a hit :)