PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Give away - Topfield 5000pvrt Conditions inside!!

goughy
17th September 2010, 08:58 AM
Ok, here it is. Condition #1. It's not working! Channels change and work. I think it may just be a hdd issue and a replacement might be all it needs. So you need to be willing to tinker. And if it doesn't work still so be it.

Condition #2. I'm not mailing it. So, I'll be at the champs. If you're coming to the champs and want it put your hands up. If someone you know is coming to the champs and they can bring it back for you then put your hand up.

This is a dual tuner pvr but it is only SD channels, no HD. I bought this from Courty a few years ago. It wasn't working properly then, and some research found that early models had issues with tuning in regional frequencies (fine in capitol cities). I sent it back twice to topfield and they eventually got it going by replacing the main board (which was the fix I found) and they also upgraded the 80g hdd to 120g. All at no cost to me!

So that's the go. If you want it pm me or reply here. First reply who wants it gets it.

So that's it's history.

AndyP
17th September 2010, 09:21 AM
Senecio gave away a PVR for free too; his worked. Therefore, you should pay someone to take yours, otherwise you will be outed for trying to rip OZgolfers off.

Moe Norman
17th September 2010, 10:39 AM
i'll take it.

does it have media playing functionality despite recording not working?

senecio
17th September 2010, 02:38 PM
Senecio gave away a PVR for free too; his worked. Therefore, you should pay someone to take yours, otherwise you will be outed for trying to rip OZgolfers off.

Didn't I get ripped off. :)

goughy
17th September 2010, 03:55 PM
i'll take it.

does it have media playing functionality despite recording not working?

No, at least not that I know of. They are pretty much strictly a pvr. The onl7y usb port on it is a slave port, and I think it's usb 1.1. Only good for upgrades and copying stuff off of, and that took a bloody long time.