PDA

View Full Version : WA: WAGC Monday 27th Sept (public holiday)

bergsey
13th September 2010, 11:49 PM
WAGC, Monday 27th September (Queens Birthday Public Holiday)

Stableford comp - 12 noon tee off

1. Bergsey
2. Yossarian
3. IDgolfguy
4. Adlo

The Bench....

Hocko

Yossarian
14th September 2010, 12:07 AM
Yeah mate I'd be keen! :)

idgolfguy
14th September 2010, 07:58 AM
I'll check to see what we have on.

adlo
14th September 2010, 08:08 AM
Darkest pencil possible please.

idgolfguy
14th September 2010, 11:20 PM
Dark pencil for me too!

Will be able to biro in a day or two.

bergsey
14th September 2010, 11:21 PM
done.....anyone else interested let me know in case Yoss breaks a fingernail between now and then.... :)

Yossarian
14th September 2010, 11:25 PM
Wanker. I'll be right fake nails glue right on.

idgolfguy
15th September 2010, 12:03 AM
Wanker. I'll be right fake nails glue right on.

Are the nails Aluminium? Careful of the glue you use.

idgolfguy
15th September 2010, 09:42 PM
Biro me in, I'm a definite.

Yossarian
15th September 2010, 09:46 PM
Are the nails Aluminium? Careful of the glue you use.

;)

hocko
15th September 2010, 10:02 PM
Pop me on the bench Bergs.

bergsey
21st September 2010, 12:28 PM
OK boys, Monday booked.

Stableford comp - 12 noon tee off

1. Bergsey
2. Yossarian
3. IDgolfguy
4. Adlo

Bring your golflink cards if you want into the comp. If wearing shorts note no cargo's allowed and no short ankle socks.

Cheers

idgolfguy
21st September 2010, 01:04 PM
Great - will be my 1st comp in three or four weeks. Will also be the first formal outing for the Mizunos too. They're looking forward to it.

TourFit
21st September 2010, 01:35 PM
So are Yoss', Adlos' & Bergseys' wallets...:mrgreen:

adlo
27th September 2010, 12:08 PM
Crap day for golf.

MegaWatty
27th September 2010, 12:14 PM
Crap day for golf.

No shit!!!

Think of me!

Yossarian
27th September 2010, 12:34 PM
I was just logging on to say, shit weather for golf eh.

bergsey
27th September 2010, 12:35 PM
It's pretty windy though which should make it interesting, although the greens probably haven't been cut today so won't be running too fast. Club champs start saturday as well so will probably be preserving the back tees and pins

Golfnut
27th September 2010, 03:25 PM
Updates ID?

adlo
27th September 2010, 07:25 PM
Scores:

Yoss 34
Bergsey 34
ID 32
Adlo 31

Awesome weather. Course was a real treat to play today. Pure but well paced greens.

The Bunbury bogans dominated the 4BBB due to my 20 point front 9 and Yoss' 20 point back 9.

Thanks again Bergsey. We all played some good golf out there today, it's a shame no one strung 2 9's together. Highlight for me was halving 9 with 2/4 to match Bergseys 2/4 and silence the fist pump.

Yossarian
27th September 2010, 07:35 PM
Cheers guys lovely day, and thanks bergsey :)

How did my putting look just out of interest? Bit stabby still?

The halved birds was cool. As was the monster bird on 6.

adlo
27th September 2010, 07:38 PM
Ah yes, that was the nicest birdie putt I have made for a while :mrgreen:

Your putting looked less wristy, but I would like to see you take the putter away closer to the ground.

idgolfguy
27th September 2010, 07:40 PM
It was a much smoother stroke - much improvement. Left Wrist broke a couple of times. Alignment issues will resolve once your setup os more consistent. You missed a few to the right if the hole.

Yossarian
27th September 2010, 07:41 PM
Ah yes, that was the nicest birdie putt I have made for a while :mrgreen:

Your putting looked less wristy, but I would like to see you take the putter away closer to the ground.

Cheers, I did feel myself lift up a few times instead of straight back.

And cheers id that was all definitley the crazy break in the greens ;)

Yossarian
27th September 2010, 07:50 PM
Actually my highlight was the shank half lobwedge on the first. Good times!

bergsey
27th September 2010, 08:39 PM
Scores:

Yoss 34
Bergsey 34
ID 32
Adlo 31

Awesome weather. Course was a real treat to play today. Pure but well paced greens.

The Bunbury bogans dominated the 4BBB due to my 20 point front 9 and Yoss' 20 point back 9.

Thanks again Bergsey. We all played some good golf out there today, it's a shame no one strung 2 9's together. Highlight for me was halving 9 with 2/4 to match Bergseys 2/4 and silence the fist pump.

No worries guys thanks for the game. Can't believe the number of lip-outs i had today but thems the breaks. At least i sunk the birds on 9 and 18.

The course was there for the taking today but i don't think anyone could put a stretch of more than a few holes together !

Yossarian
27th September 2010, 08:42 PM
A few putts and you would have easily had 38 points.

Veefore
27th September 2010, 09:37 PM
No worries guys thanks for the game. Can't believe the number of lip-outs i had today but thems the breaks. At least i sunk the birds on 9 and 18.

The course was there for the taking today but i don't think anyone could put a stretch of more than a few holes together !

The putts would have gone in at Hartfield. The greens are just rolling so pure.

I played today with a lady who has just left WAGC and joined Hartfield and really likes it.

Her reason?

It's flat. She can't walk the hills anymore. :lol:

TourFit
27th September 2010, 09:44 PM
Can't believe the number of lip-outs i had today but thems the breaks.

Been ther...done that at Yokine Bergsey!!!

BTW, idgolfguy, how'd the Mizzy's go? Softer shafts, shorter lengths, lighter swingweights than you been playing. Ballstriking any better? Distance control?

Yossarian
27th September 2010, 09:46 PM
Been ther...done that at Yokine Bergsey!!!

BTW, idgolfguy, how'd the Mizzy's go? Softer shafts, shorter lengths, lighter swingweights than you been playing. Ballstriking any better? Distance control?

He hit them well, he doesn't like the feel of the DG's though I think.

You were mentioned in the lip out stakes fit ;)

I think Yokine has close to my favourite greens that I have played on.

Veefore
27th September 2010, 09:57 PM

I like number 11. The best/wildest green around. Like the 12th at Kwinana but without 80% of it being unplayable.
It always brings a laugh when someone who hasn't played there before misses by 30ft but you can trust that a good putt will go in.

I also like that the course has basic "tilted" greens as well as multi-multi-tiered greens like 1 and everything in between. Like they were done by 2 or three different designers so not stuck in a "style".

bergsey
27th September 2010, 10:41 PM
I like number 11. The best/wildest green around. Like the 12th at Kwinana but without 80% of it being unplayable.
It always brings a laugh when someone who hasn't played there before misses by 30ft but you can trust that a good putt will go in.

I also like that the course has basic "tilted" greens as well as multi-multi-tiered greens like 1 and everything in between. Like they were done by 2 or three different designers so not stuck in a "style".

Yep i was talking to Adlo about the same thing on the 11th today, i think his putt went quite a bit past the hole which surprised him (and that was with the greens slowish). When the greens get fast 11th becomes very tricky if you are on the left hand side of the pin position. I like those sorts of greens, no tiers but still tough.

The 14th used to be the same until they re-built the green last summer from one level with a left-right slope to a 3-tiered green.

idgolfguy
28th September 2010, 08:24 AM
The swingweights heavier which I don't mind especially with blades. These iron heads are no different to any of the other blades I own.

The DGS aren't as nicer feeling as the Project Xs in the Callaway especially the long irons. I seem to get a lot more height out of the Rifles even though they are heavier and stronger flexed.

In terms of distance, the Mizunos have a little more distance due to the roll.

I'll keep using them as they are for a few more weeks before I go back and compare or change the shafts.

I played consistently except for a few holes where I let stupid play get the better of me. On the back 9, a string of four singles and wipe on the last because I was too lazy to get my putter gave me a 32 instead of a better score.

Pieface
28th September 2010, 10:53 AM
Scores:

Yoss 34
Bergsey 34
ID 32
Adlo 31

Were clubs banged?

TourFit
28th September 2010, 11:15 AM
You were mentioned in the lip out stakes fit ;)

:mrgreen:

:roll:

Fair call Yoss...Yokine is renowned for their greens being some of the best, and also being the strongest part of their course.