PDA

View Full Version : Beerwah GC, Sunday June 12, 12:20p (FG Visit)

Flowergirl
12th May 2005, 11:01 AM
Ok......I thought I'd start this. Who wants to play somewhere on this day at sometime with some people? Drinks and dinner afterwards???
Now fill in the blanks....
1. Flowergirl
2. John ( Flowergirls husband)

AndyP
12th May 2005, 11:23 AM
Nice timing with the long weekend, FG.
Don't know if we will get agreement on what course to play though.

1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP

I will be playing at Nambour on the Saturday, and maybe the Monday as well, if you are interested. :cool:

Jarro
12th May 2005, 11:31 AM
1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro

i'm on hols then 8) don't know if i'll be able to hang around for dinner , but drinks afterwards for sure :wink:

so where we playing :?:

markTHEblake
12th May 2005, 11:39 AM
should be able to play anywhere on sunday, most "clubs" are open comps.
Your staying around Coolum right?

I'd suggest then Mt Coolum GC. That way you can all head back to FG's room to knock off the mini bar.

Jarro
12th May 2005, 11:45 AM
Mt Coolum sounds good .... nice little track that one 8)

Flowergirl
12th May 2005, 12:08 PM
Mt Coolum sounds good .... nice little track that one  8)

Sounds good.........so you will book it then - and that wasn't a question :wink:

Davemason
13th May 2005, 02:38 PM
If there is room I'll play to

andylo
13th May 2005, 02:43 PM
I might as well

AndyP
13th May 2005, 03:02 PM
When will you people learn? :roll:

1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
5. Davemason
6. Andylo

Jarro
13th May 2005, 03:15 PM
so where are we playing :?: :?

Keza_G
13th May 2005, 04:18 PM
Oh Bugger.....

I would really like to come to this but that is the day of the Long Drive Ststae titles at Cleveland... I'm Sorry FG.... really wanted to come. :cry:

Cheers

Keza

AndyP
21st May 2005, 07:04 AM
1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
5. Davemason
6. Andylo

How about we play at Beerwah?
Usually $10 comp on the Sundays around midday, and far enough south that we might get some more Brisbanites interested.

Surely we can get more numbers for a FG round than this....

Flowergirl
21st May 2005, 08:37 AM
Yeah guys and gals..........if I can travel 25,000 miles to play ( or something like that) surely you can travel 20 or so. I'm feeling really rejected here :cry: :wink:
Beerwah sounds good to me. :D

markTHEblake
21st May 2005, 09:02 AM
it aint the travel, but you bunged your trip right in the middle of a bunch of other Sunday Ozgolf days.

Davemason
21st May 2005, 09:42 AM
Yeah guys and gals..........if I can travel 25,000 miles to play ( or something like that) surely you can travel 20 or so. I'm feeling really rejected here  :cry:  :wink:
Beerwah sounds good to me. :D

Yeah people I'm coming down from Coral Cove 400km away to play, and this is going to be my 6th ozgolf day away from my home course, lets get some support going for this day after all Monday is p/holiday isn't it?

Flowergirl
21st May 2005, 10:35 AM
it aint the travel, but you bunged your trip right in the middle of a bunch of other Sunday Ozgolf days.

And..................?

Jarro
21st May 2005, 12:50 PM

sounds good to me 8)

you gonna do the honours AndyP :?:

Eag's
21st May 2005, 01:22 PM
1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
5. Davemason
6. Andylo
7. Eag's (roster permitting)

AndyP
21st May 2005, 04:07 PM
sounds good to me 8)

you gonna do the honours AndyP :?:
Sure. Timesheet probably isn't out yet, and I don't think we'll have a problem getting on, unless they have a special event on.

Choppa
22nd May 2005, 08:33 PM
Ok, you have twisted my arm.

1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
5. Davemason
6. Andylo
8. Choppa

markTHEblake
22nd May 2005, 08:42 PM

And..................?

it means i am already over committed to playing golf physically, mentally, financially. Ok I admit that i havent the balls to ask permission to go away, particuliarily as she doesnt know about all the other days as well, yet.

Flowergirl
23rd May 2005, 07:46 AM

And..................?

it means i am already over committed to playing golf physically, mentally, financially.   Ok I admit that i havent the balls to ask permission to go away, particuliarily as she doesnt know about all the other days as well, yet.

Gutless......... :wink:

Flowergirl
23rd May 2005, 07:48 AM
Ok, you have twisted my arm.

1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
5. Davemason
6. Andylo
8. Choppa

Yea........I'll get to meet 5 more Ozgolfers.......yea :D

Jarro
23rd May 2005, 07:56 AM
don't worry FG, I'll be there .... that's all that matters :wink:

Onewood
23rd May 2005, 08:01 AM
Ok......I thought I'd start this. Who wants to play somewhere on this day at sometime with some people? Drinks and dinner afterwards???
1. Flowergirl

Who is giving out the visa's latley :roll: I thought this one would struggle getting back over the border, after the last tour north :wink: but I spose what goes on tour stay's on tour :D

Flowergirl
23rd May 2005, 11:32 AM
1. Flowergirl

Who is giving out the visa's latley :roll: I thought this one would struggle getting back over the border, after the last tour north :wink: but I spose what goes on tour stay's on tour :D

am I supposed to understand waht this means :?: :shock:

Eag's
23rd May 2005, 11:46 AM
1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
5. Davemason
6. Andylo
8. Choppa

Can't make this one, working that Sun :(

Jarro
23rd May 2005, 12:21 PM
Moocow .... weren't you keen for this one :? :?:

CobraSS
23rd May 2005, 04:59 PM
1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
5. Davemason
6. Andylo
7. CobraSS
8. Choppa

I'll take that spot just down the hill for me. BTW the comp is Single Stab Medley at Beerwah that day.

Onewood
23rd May 2005, 05:03 PM
1. Flowergirl

am I supposed to understand waht this means :?:  :shock:

Probably not, your a little young to understand :D I'll sit you down one day and explain :wink: :D

Flowergirl
24th May 2005, 08:26 AM
1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
5. Davemason
6. Andylo
7. CobraSS
8. Choppa

I'll take that spot just down the hill for me. BTW the comp is Single Stab Medley at Beerwah that day.

What is single stab Medley??? Is that where you do backstoke, breaststroke, butterfly and freestyle? At least Jarro will be good at the second one :wink:

Jarro
24th May 2005, 03:11 PM
i do a mean wheelbarrow as well :wink:

cazandpaul
24th May 2005, 03:29 PM
Reenie - just can't stay away from the Sunshine state :?: - we would have loved to join you for your second coming but this day is reserved for our club Mixed Foursomes championships - maybe next time.

markTHEblake
24th May 2005, 03:41 PM
Medley, means blokes and sheilas can play together in the same group and are in the same comp.

Usually only referred to these days when a Saturday is a blokes only day.

Flowergirl
24th May 2005, 03:53 PM
Reenie - just can't stay away from the Sunshine state :?:  - we would have loved to join you for your second coming but this day is reserved for our club Mixed Foursomes championships - maybe next time.

That's a shame :( Hey........are you back from Hawaii.....or haven't you been yet?

Thanks Mark............you always have the right answer......you are a pretty clever fellow I reckon. ( insert sincere emoticon here!)

damoocow
27th May 2005, 10:22 AM
jarro wrote

Moocow .... weren't you keen for this one

yes but have lots on at the moment - still a faint chance............

damoocow

AndyP
1st June 2005, 12:35 PM
Two groups booked at Beerwah for 12:20p & 12:27p.  Don't think it would be a huge problem to tack on another group, as I doubt they get too many people in the Sunday comps.

Booked as the groups below:

1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
------------------
5. Davemason
6. Andylo
7. CobraSS
8. Choppa

Cost of the comp is $12. :shock:
Nearly cancelled the whole thing when I found out it had gone up $2. :wink:

andylo
1st June 2005, 01:09 PM
Didn't I put my name in? What the....?

Anyway I am in.

Jarro
1st June 2005, 01:09 PM
nice work AndyP , now lets get some more punters to play in this 'eh :P

AndyP
1st June 2005, 01:26 PM
Didn't I put my name in? What the....?

Anyway I am in.
A-Lo, those drugs have really muddled your mind.
Your name is at number 6.  :roll:

andylo
1st June 2005, 01:46 PM

:oops:

Choppa
1st June 2005, 02:31 PM
Let the piking out being......

Sorry but I have been informed that I am not golfing this day... :oops:

1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
------------------
5. Davemason
6. Andylo
7. CobraSS
8. FREE

Cost of the comp is $12.  :shock:
Nearly cancelled the whole thing when I found out it had gone up $2. :wink:[/quote]

BrisVegas
1st June 2005, 02:36 PM

Is this your pennance for that little purchase you just made???  :wink:  :wink:

Your missus also said something like no way in hell you were getting a ride-on now, so i guess you'll be push-mowing your acreage that Sunday...  :lol:

Fishman Dan
1st June 2005, 02:41 PM
So i guess suggesting Murwillumbah as a venue is out then? :roll:

Choppa
1st June 2005, 02:45 PM

Is this your pennance for that little purchase you just made???  :wink:  :wink:

Your missus also said something like no way in hell you were getting a ride-on now, so i guess you'll be push-mowing your acreage that Sunday...  :lol:

maybe

AndyP
1st June 2005, 02:58 PM
So i guess suggesting Murwillumbah as a venue is out then? :roll:
It's all about the timing, Fishman.

Jarro
1st June 2005, 02:59 PM
get your arse up here to the real world Fishy :P

Flowergirl
2nd June 2005, 09:18 AM
get your bum up here to the real world Fishy  :P

I agree............If I can walk all the way from Vic.....it's a lot closer for you. You can spend the night with us if you want. We've got a king size bed :roll:
Thanks AP for organising the game.........come on guys......all aboard!!!

AndyP
7th June 2005, 07:54 PM
*bump*

1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
------------------
5. Davemason
6. Andylo
7. CobraSS
8. FREE

Blakey, your excuse of this round being in the middle of other OZgolf days is no longer valid with your withdrawal from Nudgee.

MooMan, how's that faint chance looking?

This site should help with the driving directions from north and south:
http://www.beerwahgolfclub.com.au/

markTHEblake
7th June 2005, 08:12 PM
At this stage the only thing that would get me up there this sunday is if you or someone else wants to refinance your home loan.

damoocow
7th June 2005, 09:07 PM
Andyp wrote

MooMan, how's that faint chance looking?

am no chance - got updated schedule last night and have tech run from 3 -5 pm - hope you all play like crap.

damoocow

Flowergirl
8th June 2005, 07:45 AM
At this stage the only thing that would get me up there this sunday is if you or someone else wants to refinance your home loan.

I need some investment advice..........getting close to retirement age now. :shock:

Come on Blakey........you know you want to..........

macleod
8th June 2005, 09:02 AM
1. Flowergirl
3. AndyP
4. Jarro
------------------
5. Davemason
6. Andylo
7. CobraSS
8. MacLeod of the Oban MacLeod's

i'm coming to golf via train since the course is an easy stroll from the station. woowoowoo!

Jarro
8th June 2005, 11:08 AM
welcome aboard Mac :wink:

shall be a grand day indeed 8)

macleod
9th June 2005, 08:44 AM
welcome aboard Mac  :wink:

shall be a grand day indeed  8)
screwed up back last night moving furniture....wasn't the furtniture but slid down their driveway in the dark on a walking can palm leaf on my right leg...pulled something...owie.....

will put my place up for grabs for any other Ozgolfer who wants it's pending a fitness check on saturday (since i have to move the frikkin' furniture BACK on friday night... :( )

Jarro
9th June 2005, 08:51 AM
sounds like a poor excuse for "shaggers back" :wink:

"shaggers back" is the ONLY excuse that won't be accepted for bailing on a game [-X

Flowergirl
9th June 2005, 05:58 PM
Ok.......won't be back on "Ozgolf" before our game on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you guys there :D
John and I will be there at about 11.45...give ourselves time to find the place. Seeing I've only met Jarro before they'll be a bit of guesswork finding out who is who. :shock:

John and I are bringing our clubs up with us - so we'll be the handsome couple with the travel bags and hire push carts.

Any problems please ring me on my mobile. :wink:

Jarro
12th June 2005, 06:37 PM
thanks for the day guys .... was good to catch up with some more Ozgolfers again 8)

I had 33 points for the day ... pretty scrappy round, missed some easy approach shots from very good position on the fairways .... but also made a few good putts to score some points as well.

great day out with the gang ... Beerwah was in great shape :D

AndyP
12th June 2005, 08:32 PM
Great to finally catch up with FG. Already looking forward to having a hit with her and hubby John in Melbourne come August.
John, the way you recover from those trees, it's only a matter of time before you figure out how to hit it off the fairway. ;)

Once again, weather was good, and as jarro said, course was in good nick, especially considering the amount of rain received. That said, it was good timing to play there a week before their club champs.

Only my second time there, and I think that it is well worth hosting another OZgolf day there in the future. It's a pity that the guy in the proshop had absolutely no clue in how to deal with visitors to the club. :roll: :x

Thanks for putting up with my shot "routine" for two days in a row, jarro. :wink:

The results:
1. AndyP 37pts (on countback - 20pts on back 9)
2. Davemason 37pts
3. jarro 33pts
4. macleod 32pts
5. FlowerGirl 29pts
6. CobraSS 28pts
7. AndyLo 25pts
8. John (FG Hubby) 21pts

BTW, I got great pleasure out of seeing a score of 16pts, by a local, up on the scoreboard after the round. :mrgreen:

terryand
12th June 2005, 08:49 PM
When did we start having countbacks :smt017

I thought we had tied results :-k

Terry.

AndyP
12th June 2005, 08:53 PM
When did we start having countbacks :smt017

I thought we had tied results :-k
I questioned it myself, but the runner-up suggested it.
We have had a few results decided by countback though.

Don't care. The collater of results will do his thing.

markTHEblake
12th June 2005, 09:03 PM
did you happen to look on the honour boards there - if you did you might have had nightmares, Mark Blake's all over the place.

He is another bloke, same age, same era as i was playing just up the road, same fathers name - John, won foursomes champs same year with our fathers at each respective club. Never met him so dont know if he is a nob as well.

andylo
12th June 2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the gang (Jarro Dave and Andrew)

Dave was playing so well! All his tee shot has control fade and he hit almost every fairway.

Me!! :lol: Don't ask! :twisted:

Thanks for Tez my putt is more inline now. But it was a hard feeling when I see my putt always almost there.... but just not in.

Anyway, I plan to go back to have a revenge hit 2 weeks later.

AndyP
14th June 2005, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the gang (Jarro Dave and Andrew)
Thanks for coming, Macca. It seems that A-Lo forgot all about you. :-s

-------------------------------------------

CCR was 70 for the day.

I guess it was wishful thinking on my part that it would be 72.
Still within my buffer zone though, so I'll be off 11 for the Nudgee Plate.

andylo
14th June 2005, 09:21 AM
YEAH!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH ME?!?!?!?

Sorry Macca.... dunno why I keep having jarro in mind.... maybe a collusion/combination memories of Nambour and Beerwah.... too many things in my mind nowadays.

Wasn't Amanda here as well? :?

Jarro
14th June 2005, 11:59 AM
i luv you too A-Lo :smt008 :wink:

andylo
14th June 2005, 12:38 PM
:lol:

Davemason
14th June 2005, 12:39 PM
Had a great day out with the boys A-Lo, Macca and cobra (my playing buddies) And jarro, AndyP good to catch up with you again and to FlowerGirl and huby good to meet you, The course was in great nick put a good game together but dropped the ball on the last few holes with a good drive on the 17th but put the 2nd over the back and duffed a chip back on and 3putt for a point and wiped the last. for a 20 front and 17 back.
Can't wait for the next trip away to play in an Ozgolf day

Flowergirl
19th June 2005, 08:25 AM
Well we are now home............boo hoo. We had such a great holiday and we had a great time at Beerwah - regardless of how bad we both played on the day.
It was good to see you again Jarro and to finally meet AndyP, Andylo, Dave, Macca and Cobra.
Well done to AndyP and Dave on their good scores............and to you to Jarro....you played well - just a bit stiff not to come in with a better score. :wink:
Sorry to the group behind - we were slow - sorry. :oops:
Looking forward to meeting up with you all at the Ozgolf Champs............John will be there. He thought you were a great bunch of guys.........he doesn't really know you yet :twisted:

By the way....we had the best time at Twin Waters....one of those days that we will remember for years to come. You know those days you have together when you think - "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else or with anyone else than where I am right now " Also the 37 points helped too. :wink:

Jarro
19th June 2005, 06:10 PM
glad you and John had an enjoyable trip FG .. was good to catch up with you again 8) John's a nice guy too, it'd be good to see him come along to the champs :wink: