PDA

View Full Version : NSW: NSW 2010 SF1 - Grunt V Jimandr

Grunt
9th September 2010, 07:30 PM
Well we have now got to the money end of the NSW matchplay season for 2010.

In Semi Final 1 we have the up until last year undefeated matchplay guru - Jimandr V the one time golf-a-holic now Kayaker - Grunt.

They have met once before in the 2008 Matchplay final @ Windsor GC, Jim was the victor then.

A venue for this match has not been set but a date has, Sunday 19th September.

How did they get here?

Both have had a path that only NSW OzGolf can give :cry:

Jimandr

1st round - Walkover
2nd Round - 5 & 4 win over Sydney Hacker @ Muirfield

Grunt

1st Round - 2up over Terrys @ Highlands
2nd Round Walkover

Has Grunt got enough shot in his handicap to take this game on?
Will Jimadr be able to cater for the consistently inconsistant Grunt?

All will be revealed on Sunday 19th September 2010.

Result

Jimandr 4 & 2

Tongueboy
10th September 2010, 09:29 PM
you might be up shite creek without a paddle!

3oneday
10th September 2010, 10:50 PM
Who won last year ?

Grunt
12th September 2010, 07:16 PM
Venue Set : Wallacia

Jim, what are you off nowadays? I will be off 20.

Grunt
18th September 2010, 03:18 PM
Well it is on tomorrow at Wallacia. I think Jim gives me somewhere around 8 shots. Will it be enough?

Did a big paddle this morning. Pulling up sore tomorrow may help my game, may slow the swing down :)

jimandr
18th September 2010, 03:29 PM
I suppose I had better reply to this, even though I suspect a major part of my matchplay success is a low key approach where I don't really care whether I win or lose. I just want to play good golf. So, there will be no sledging from me.

Even though I didn't play last weekend, I've hittiing the ball quite well recently, but my putting has been awful. The slow, post coring greens of Wallacia may actually help me in that regard. My only other excuse may be a bit of a stiff neck from cycling on my new bike (I'm about to post details on the Ride Ozgolf Ride thread for those interested).

The course itself doesn't really suit my game unless the fairways are yielding some run. Last time we played there I couldn't reach some of the par 4's.

Anyway, I'm sure we will enjoy the day. The weather forecast is quite favourable. I wouldn't mind playing a game without a strong wind blowing.

Will my 8 handicap hold up, giving away 12 shots. We'll see tomorrow.

KristianJ
18th September 2010, 07:48 PM
There wasn't a heap of run last Sunday, but I guess the combination of a bit of wind and a few day's worth of sunshine will have hardened up the fairways a little.

Hope you all enjoy the day, and good luck to both of you fellas for your matchplay.

ParMaster
18th September 2010, 08:06 PM
Good luck to the both of ya. :)

Dotty
18th September 2010, 08:18 PM
Good luck tomorrow. I hope one of you win.

Grunt
18th September 2010, 08:20 PM
So do I, I don't know if I have time for a rematch :)

Grunt
19th September 2010, 03:43 PM
Well the game is all over and I was yet again not good enough to knock over Jim. He got me 4 & 2. Congrats Jim:smt038 it was a fun game. I did not expect to last as long as I did in this with my intermittent golf of late.

I was 2 up at one stage on the front nine but could not hold on to it. At the turn Jim was 1 up. It was a little to and throwing , I would win won to get back then lose one until the 15th where a par 4 was reduced to 225m and Both Jim and I were just off the green for 1, we both chipped on and Jim nailed his birdie for me to have to birdie to halve the hole. I missed and it was Dormie 3 at the 16th. I failed on that hole and it was all over.

Funny thing about it all was in the individual par event I had square and Jim was Minus 4:-k

jimandr
19th September 2010, 09:12 PM
I thank Grunt for bringing his inconsistent A game to our match. At one point I thought I was going to get thrashed, as he started playing quite well while I was having troubles around the greens. But he put in three bad holes in a 4 hole stretch to hand me a lead I didn't deserve, and then he got unlucky to be buried in the lip of a bunker to lose a hole he should have won at the 13th.

I might get lucky again against my next opponent, but if I don't, it will still be fun.

Choppa
27th September 2010, 07:36 PM
Included in 2010 POTY