PDA

View Full Version : Lind Golf. has anyone got any of there products?

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
6th September 2010, 01:33 PM
Whilst looking for a 3 wood i have come across Lind, could anyone tell me what there products are like and how you compare them agents the so called top makes??

thanks

john

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Lind-Golf-Blackhawk-Fairway-Wood-Custom-Golf-Club-Clubs-/290468996031?pt=AU_Sport_Golf_Equipment&hash=item43a14d23bf

3oneday
6th September 2010, 01:39 PM
No, but they've been a member here a couple of times I believe :lol:

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
6th September 2010, 01:47 PM
http://www.lindgolf.com.au/golf-clubs/woods/blackhawk-fairway-wood

has the same weight tech as the TM's and at a very decent price, just woundered if it was worth a try,

3oneday
6th September 2010, 01:49 PM
Are you on a retainer ? That is the ugliest 3 wood I've seen :shock:

IanO
6th September 2010, 01:50 PM
I signed up on their site a while back and they sent me a new sand wedge for free just for signing up. It felt OK to swing and has a similar distance to my Srixon with OK spin (not as much a Vokey)

Chris32
6th September 2010, 01:53 PM
A guy I know got there FTI copy driver and 3 wood, he swears by them. He also swears by his Pinnacle distance balls and his Caddyrack....... :D

3oneday
6th September 2010, 02:20 PM
Does he use a chipper too ?

IanO
6th September 2010, 02:24 PM
and wears matching pink shoes and shirt

Chris32
6th September 2010, 02:25 PM
No, but sports a ball retriever

BroKar
6th September 2010, 02:32 PM
I have some Lind products and they have been pretty good, putter was good and the wedges but the mrs as a present bought me some vokeys and a cameron.

The vokeys are better but they are better than my CG12's that I used previously.

If you want a set of wedges cheap let me know, they are 52 56 and a 60.

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
6th September 2010, 02:40 PM
ok how much? just bought some cleveland's but always up for a spot of hooing *cough* collecting :P

Dotty
6th September 2010, 03:16 PM
Normally, I'd avoid Lind products, due to being cheap 'cloned' gear and the sleazy vibe of their website.

But they held demo driver demo at our corporate day, and their new MiOne driver was a surprise. Original looking and quite stylish in the all-black (provided that you don't get lured into the different shaft/ferrule/grip clours, that looks like desktop schemes from Windows 93 or something out of Hannah Montana.)

The one-hit put it virtually on top of my OEM driver. With our corporate discount, I bought one for use at the driving range or for a loaner to local beginners.

Cost - Same as a 2nd hand OEM driver on OzGolf, ex-demo, etc.
Performance - 80-85%. (For the same money, OzGolf Ping G10 is 95%. TMTB ex-demo was 70%. FYI. New Cobra FSpeed at twice the price was 50%.)
Value - Better than OEM new and club not living up to the hype. But not as good as they make out, against 2nd hand options available.

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
6th September 2010, 03:38 PM
thats what i was thinking :) thanks dotty

markTHEblake
6th September 2010, 08:25 PM
could anyone tell me what there products are like and how you compare them agents the so called top makes??

its not realistic to compare them against the so called top makes, for lots of reasons.

Compare them against their direct competitors., such as Wishon, Alpha, Snake Eyes, Maltby, but actually to be honest, i wouldnt think that Lind could hold a stick to those quality brands. It would be better to compare with cheap clubs, like Acer and several others that make clones, the names just escape me at the moment.

Lind has applied some slick marketing and some eye catching lines to take advantage of the 'custom fit' trend (a good thing) but online fitting is really no better than buying off the shelf, and the default shafts they use are absolute rubbish - then the prices they are charging for the upgrade shaft is more than what you can usually buy the shaft for.

henno
6th September 2010, 08:34 PM
Their.

I'm a reformed grammar and spelling nazi.

I'm back baby!

Yossarian
6th September 2010, 09:17 PM
henno, thankyou. It's was killing me.

MegaWatty
6th September 2010, 09:30 PM
henno, thankyou. It's was killing me.

It's?

Yossarian
6th September 2010, 09:41 PM
It's?

The bait is set.

PS.

My mate has a Lind Driver and wedge, the go alright. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole though but I am a brand snob.

vman
7th September 2010, 01:32 AM
its not realistic to compare them against the so called top makes, for lots of reasons.

Compare them against their direct competitors., such as Wishon, Alpha, Snake Eyes, Maltby, but actually to be honest, i wouldnt think that Lind could hold a stick to those quality brands. It would be better to compare with cheap clubs, like Acer and several others that make clones, the names just escape me at the moment.

Lind has applied some slick marketing and some eye catching lines to take advantage of the 'custom fit' trend (a good thing) but online fitting is really no better than buying off the shelf, and the default shafts they use are absolute rubbish - then the prices they are charging for the upgrade shaft is more than what you can usually buy the shaft for.
Spot on, MTB.

If you want to be fitted (which you should), see a proper club club fitter. If you are just looking for a cheap copy, then could could do cheaper and/or better than Lind.

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
7th September 2010, 01:45 AM
thanks,just wanted to gather info but what i'm looking for a back up club, to pitch up agents wilsons ect , is what my 2nd set is, i guess worth a look