PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Qld Mid Amateur

sms316
2nd September 2010, 06:52 PM
I see Boonie is coming up for a game.

Field list here: http://www.golfqueensland.org.au/files/Current%20Field%20List_119.pdf

Should be a bit more pleasant than the NSW Mid Am.

Minor_Threat
2nd September 2010, 07:33 PM
I see Boonie is coming up for a game.

Field list here: http://www.golfqueensland.org.au/files/Current%20Field%20List_119.pdf

Should be a bit more pleasant than the NSW Mid Am.Why are there 15 markers etc in the field. I would be pissed if I got drawn with them in an event like this!

Courty
2nd September 2010, 07:38 PM
I played indoor cricket with the bloke from Paradise Palms. Had no idea he was a golfer.

Why are there 15 markers etc in the field. I would be pissed if I got drawn with them in an event like this!

What are the pre-requisites for an event like this?

Minor_Threat
2nd September 2010, 07:48 PM
I played indoor cricket with the bloke from Paradise Palms. Had no idea he was a golfer.

What are the pre-requisites for an event like this?I have no idea mate? It sounds like a fairly prestigious event and appears to attract a good amount of quality players based on the handicaps. IMO it isn't the event a anyone over 5 handicap should be playing.

**Having just read it is an event for 30 - 54 year olds, my statement is probably off a little as the event doesn't appear to be as pretigious as it sounds!

Ferrins
2nd September 2010, 08:20 PM
Supply and demand here mate, because if the field is over booked then the higher h'cap players are tossed out with a refund.

Minor_Threat
2nd September 2010, 08:26 PM
Supply and demand here mate, because if the field is over booked then the higher h'cap players are tossed out with a refund.Thats fair enough, but my point was that if it was a prestigious (i.e. Vardon - here in NSW) event. The > 5 handicap players should not be playing. Considering that it doesn't appear to be that big of an event my earlier points are irrelevant.

Ferrins
2nd September 2010, 08:51 PM
I agree and being on 11. I would be too embarrassed to enter.

sms316
3rd September 2010, 08:46 AM
Thats fair enough, but my point was that if it was a prestigious (i.e. Vardon - here in NSW) event. The > 5 handicap players should not be playing. Considering that it doesn't appear to be that big of an event my earlier points are irrelevant.

The Mid-Am is far more enjoyable to play since it isn't full of 18 yo prats.

The NSW Mid Am was max handicap of about 12 I think. Far more of a relaxed atmosphere for a tournament. Plenty of beers afterwards. Doubt I'll ever play a state open amateur again.

Minor_Threat
3rd September 2010, 08:49 AM
The Mid-Am is far more enjoyable to play since it isn't full of 18 yo prats.

The NSW Mid Am was max handicap of about 12 I think. Far more of a relaxed atmosphere for a tournament. Plenty of beers afterwards. Doubt I'll ever play a state open amateur again.The 18yo wankers don't bother me as I take great enjoyment in beating them with shitty old bats and unorthodox approach to the game!

PeteyD
3rd September 2010, 08:57 AM
I'd love to see that :D

sms316
7th September 2010, 09:27 AM
Should be a fun event. Just organised an arse kicking from the Victorian visitor for the Saturday arvo comp round.

Webster
15th September 2010, 08:13 PM
I'm expecting you to win this thing big boy. No excuses.

sms316
15th September 2010, 08:19 PM
I'm expecting you to win this thing big boy. No excuses.

Prepare yourself for disappointment. Boonie is the man to back.

razaar
15th September 2010, 08:59 PM
Prepare yourself for disappointment. Boonie is the man to back.

Are you playing with the Pings?

sms316
16th September 2010, 06:09 AM
Are you playing with the Pings?

Only 3 wood, hybrid, putter and bag.

Irons/wedges will be another week. Maybe.

PeteyD
16th September 2010, 08:06 AM
Ring Nickent, they might have them. Good luck Shamus and Boonie.

Boonie
16th September 2010, 10:38 AM
Weather looks great...........until I get there. Rain for 4 days straight forecast!!!

Unimpressed to say the least. After the winter we have had here I was desperately hoping for some Qld sun. At least the hangovers aren't as bad in crap weather.

Took the family up last year, and as a result stayed out of the bar and nearly won it. Going with a mate who loves a beer or 10 this year, so the on course performance could be severely affected I feel.

Catch you there Sat SMS - and piss the rain off will you?

sms316
16th September 2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah thanks for bringing that Victorian weather with you.

Webster
16th September 2010, 11:13 AM
Perfect down here today Boonie, as usual. Good luck you blokes. Wish I was there - I'd be a sneaky chance for the net prize with my new 4 handicap.

Boonie
16th September 2010, 11:15 AM
Perfect down here today Boonie, as usual. Good luck you blokes. Wish I was there - I'd be a sneaky chance for the net prize with my new 4 handicap.

I'm still here Jack - but I wouldn't call it perfect. Heading off tomorrow arvo

WBennett
16th September 2010, 02:19 PM
It will be perfect at Spring Valley tomorrow. Shame you had to go!

Bruce
19th September 2010, 06:33 AM
I intend to use the term "my office" a lot from now on.

Ferrins
19th September 2010, 08:15 AM
I tried to use that office theory yesterday. Jumped out of the cart 50 metres short with the pitching wedge and went into my office. My thoughts were office, Clinton,Monica, drinks cart chick, monica, bill, drinks cart chick, drinks cart chick...tight shorts...

Air mailed the green and got a triple.

PeteyD
19th September 2010, 08:18 AM
You might need regular shafts instead of stiff.

kingslayer33
19th September 2010, 08:20 AM
Gold peteyd :)

sms316
19th September 2010, 04:37 PM
Tripled the last to shoot 79. 74 leading. Not happy.

Officeworks shot about 85. No surprises there.

Boonie is on this arvo.

Ferrins
19th September 2010, 04:48 PM
You didn't even finish the 18th yesterday.

Yossarian
19th September 2010, 05:13 PM
My office. Like it.

razaar
19th September 2010, 05:14 PM
Tripled the last to shoot 79. 74 leading. Not happy.

Officeworks shot about 85. No surprises there.

Boonie is on this arvo.
Who was in your group, Shaun?

sms316
19th September 2010, 05:21 PM
Who was in your group, Shaun?

Michael Akes, from Middle Ridge
Martin ????, from Ipswick
Kym ???, from The National

Ned
20th September 2010, 07:10 PM
Noice bit of consistency in your game again today Chorn.!!!!!!!

Expect a detailed report of the Cocktail party tonight!

matty
20th September 2010, 08:20 PM
Thats fair enough, but my point was that if it was a prestigious (i.e. Vardon - here in NSW) event. The > 5 handicap players should not be playing. Considering that it doesn't appear to be that big of an event my earlier points are irrelevant.

MT, I played in the Lynwood Cup a week or so ago. The three guys I was playing with were all from different clubs and all off low hcp's. One of the guys tells me a few holes in that it's a Vardon event. As I haven't been playing that long I had to ask him what that was. Point being that the comp was still open to everyone.

sms316
20th September 2010, 08:27 PM
Noice bit of consistency in your game again today Chorn.!!!!!!!

Expect a detailed report of the Cocktail party tonight!

OK.

#1 I'm poleaxed.

#2 It pissed down this afternoon.

#3 Shot 76 which was the best of the arvo field (went from T29 to T11). Included 2 doubles.

#4 Bar staff at Pelican Waters are phenominal.

#5 Boonie shot 76 this morning, Those pricks who played this morning owe us 7 shots each.

#6 I'm 1 shot clear of Dwayne

#7 Fk I hope tomorrow is cancelled.

#8 One guy I played with was even par through 14 and shot 81.

razaar
20th September 2010, 08:35 PM
Did you mention that you are deserting to Ping? By the way, good work; does this mean you and Matt will be in the same group tomorrow. If so, don't look at his swing.;)

sms316
20th September 2010, 08:39 PM
Dwayne is the group ahead tomorrow. Chopper.

sms316
21st September 2010, 05:27 PM
Dwayne and Boonie finished tied for 9th. I was a shot back at 11th.

No umbrellas used today but the joint was saturated.

PerryGroves
22nd September 2010, 10:42 AM
I see two blokes raised the bat on all three days. Nice darts.

sms316
22nd September 2010, 12:30 PM
Not sure if I should be relaying any other stories from the event after what happened the other day nut here goes;

A fellow club member was drawn with a fellow from New Caledonia in the Qld Mid-Amateur this week. The visitor plugged his ball into the face of the greenside bunker on the 8th hole. He asked our member for a free drop.

Our member told him it was fine, but a 1 stroke penalty.

"No, no. No penalty."

"Sorry mate. 1 stroke."

"Fk you Aussies!"

Our mate then tried to play out and left it in the bunker.

"Fk you!"

:lol:

macjackass
22nd September 2010, 12:37 PM
What a tool. Nice avatar change by the way :lol: