PDA

View Full Version : E-go couriers www.e-go.com.au

3oneday
2nd September 2010, 02:08 PM
I think these guys deserve their own thread, I wish they were around when I was selling heaps of gear on ebay. $8.80 to Perth is spectacular.

www.e-go.com.au, don't be afraid to use them but make sure you check the costs before telling someone, they occasionally throw up a weird price.

I almost sold my R9 driver to a guy in Bowen, but I checked the quote and it was $33 !

GC
2nd September 2010, 03:33 PM
They are unbelievable, have used them load of time and sometime wonder how they can do it for so cheap. Would recommend them to anyone.

jaybam
2nd September 2010, 03:42 PM
Same here. Screw Australia post. They are useless.

oncewasagolfer
2nd September 2010, 04:01 PM
I am using them for the first time sending a golf bag from qld to vic for $30 seems reasonable.

WBennett
2nd September 2010, 04:13 PM
Its costing me $7 to send a full spare set of clubs (boxed) to Melbourne.

Unbelievable. All I need is someone to lend me a bag (and that is lined up already)

BroKar
2nd September 2010, 04:16 PM
ill tell you why they do it so cheap, its because they ****ing lose everything.

I sold 3 things on ebay and sent them on Tuesday last week, all 3 = LOST

3oneday
2nd September 2010, 04:28 PM
Well, there you go. There's always some unlucky punter I guess.

wazandnic
2nd September 2010, 05:15 PM
I would recommend them also after my minor dealings with them. Was great to not have to leave the office i.e. make the trip to the PO to send something. Sent from Syd to Port Stephens arrived with 24 hours.

wazandnic
2nd September 2010, 05:17 PM
ill tell you why they do it so cheap, its because they ****ing lose everything.

I sold 3 things on ebay and sent them on Tuesday last week, all 3 = LOST

Did you make sure the buyers had it sent to an address would there be someone there to sign for it? I believe that is the biggest issue... Courier turns up, no one there to sign for it, what do they do? I know they should take it to the PO but that's not what they are paid for.

BroKar
2nd September 2010, 06:14 PM
yes i did wazandnic, if i dont have it sorted by tomorow evening more than happy to post logs of the absolute rehab that has been emailing me, apparently in the latest email i should have made the box more distinguishable from others so it would be easier for them to find, i have since offered to pain it rainbow colours and draw cocks on all the boxes if i ever use them again.

wazandnic
2nd September 2010, 06:37 PM
Bummer, that is shitty then.

Crazy bit, it was 3 packages?

Boonie
2nd September 2010, 06:47 PM
Do they deliver to PO Boxes?

markTHEblake
2nd September 2010, 07:46 PM
This thread needs to be a sticky. We have a hundred people a year asking how to ship golf clubs.

Secondly, get a Ozgolf referral code and use it. Its about $0.30 for referral and some payback to Goughy's for the running of the site. Its really rather silly to refer business to them and not take the money they freely hand out for doing so.

3oneday
2nd September 2010, 07:52 PM
Good idea MTB.

For the record, does everyone know they should also write the delivery address on the box and not just rely on the con note stuck to it ?

markTHEblake
2nd September 2010, 09:03 PM
There are well written instructions on the website. Which means people wont read them.

Hamo84
4th September 2010, 10:27 AM
do you guys normally indemnify your items when you send them. I do with everything i send with them now, cos the only two i didn't (which weren't worth heaps) just happen to go missing.

For what its worth, i have used them a stack of times and recommend them quite highly, pretty good value for money.

3oneday
4th September 2010, 05:52 PM
$16.50 for $250 of cover ? Only the buyer would pay that, I'd never bother.

adlo
4th September 2010, 06:08 PM
I've never had dramas. Rate them highly.

However, for a heavy package coming from NSW to Perth last week, I went with smartsend, as they were 30% cheaper.

For golf clubs I don't think you can beat them though.

Flavzz
7th September 2010, 10:27 PM
Do they enforce the redelivery fee? and does there have to be someone present and will they leave the package in a secure location etc?

markTHEblake
7th September 2010, 10:34 PM
FAQ on the site answers that.

Flavzz
7th September 2010, 10:49 PM
cheers MTB, answer found :)

markTHEblake
7th September 2010, 11:53 PM
I dont really know whether they enforce the $22 redelivery fee, but i can tell you that they use 3rd party couriers for the pickups and deliveries (and the depot locations are also 3rd parties). So who do you reckon will pay the cost of redelivery?

3oneday
8th September 2010, 08:02 AM
Do they redeliver ? I thought they kept them at the depots ?

markTHEblake
8th September 2010, 09:18 PM
$22, paid by receiver by credit card (or they have to pick it up) Or $5.50 in advance for one re-delivery attempt.
They also have a phone first for a delivery appointment service, but i cant figure out if thats free or costs a packet.

By the way;
I see they added a $50 insurance cover for $1.00 thats actualy good value, that would help cover a broken shaft, but not a loss.
I sent two shipments from Gold coast to Sydney on Monday, they advise 5-6 days. they were delivered in 24 hours.

Here is a photo of half of the e-go shipment at the Gold coast depot, the other half is inside, and this is just what has been dropped off at the depot that day by lunchtime. The white box in the pic is going to "oncewasagolfer', its 14kg and is $15 to Hicksville, Victoria.

http://a.imageshack.us/img841/2675/08092010.jpg

oncewasagolfer
8th September 2010, 09:30 PM
$22, paid by receiver by credit card (or they have to pick it up) Or $5.50 in advance for one re-delivery attempt.
They also have a phone first for a delivery appointment service, but i cant figure out if thats free or costs a packet.

By the way;
I see they added a $50 insurance cover for $1.00 thats actualy good value, that would help cover a broken shaft, but not a loss.
I sent two shipments from Gold coast to Sydney on Monday, they advise 5-6 days. they were delivered in 24 hours.

Here is a photo of half of the e-go shipment at the Gold coast depot, the other half is inside, and this is just what has been dropped off at the depot that day by lunchtime. The white box in the pic is going to "oncewasagolfer', its 14kg and is $15 to Hicksville, Victoria.

http://a.imageshack.us/img841/2675/08092010.jpg

'Hicksville' I'm feeling offended Blakey it's actuallys nowheresville!

gazgolf1
16th September 2010, 06:29 PM
Got my club from rick3003 (http://www.ozgolf.net/member.php/165-rick3003) today delivered by E-Go, the club was in great nick and packed well with bubblewrap by Rick unfortunatley this did'nt stop E-Go from flattening the carton and leaving it next to my letterbox. Not sure why they could'nt leave it at the front door?

timah!
16th September 2010, 06:31 PM
Hopefully that means our stuff will be arriving shortly too!

markTHEblake
16th September 2010, 06:51 PM
Got my club from rick3003 (http://www.ozgolf.net/member.php/165-rick3003) today delivered by E-Go, the club was in great nick and packed well with bubblewrap by Rick unfortunatley this did'nt stop E-Go from flattening the carton and leaving it next to my letterbox. Not sure why they could'nt leave it at the front door?

as per the instructions on their website;
1. The box should be filled with something to prevent it from being crushed, as they will collapse easily (see my photo earlier for an example of what it is shipped with) . I usually fill with crunched paper, or bags of air (i am lucky to have a lot of those)
2. print out the label from the e-go site that says "warning, top load only", so they wont put it into the bottom of the Pod's
3. Every shipment should have a clearly stated Authority to Leave.

I guess if you contact them, they will just blame the contractors anyway :-)

Paddy
16th September 2010, 07:52 PM
They would have to be the WORST couriers in Australia

3oneday
16th September 2010, 07:59 PM
They would have to be the WORST couriers in Australia

Terrible, wish I had found them years ago 8).

$22 Sydney to Cowra, not great but I guess with all the $8.80's I've had it's OK :)

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 11:35 AM
How much would a stand bag cost from sydney to perth? I suppose I should measure mine.

3oneday
24th September 2010, 11:36 AM
Is this bdoug10 ?

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 11:38 AM
?

3oneday
24th September 2010, 11:39 AM
Unable to find a simple answer for himself.

;)

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 11:41 AM
:)

Just wondering, cause I have bunged in some numbers and it is giving me 80 bucks!

PeteyD
24th September 2010, 11:59 AM
Everything disappears into the e-go vortex.

Chris32
24th September 2010, 12:33 PM
Used them a few times, had a set of irons picked up and then they wound up back to me a few days later

Other than that, not bad. Delivery to a business address is the way to go

Ferrins
24th September 2010, 12:47 PM
Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Jarro
24th September 2010, 12:51 PM
Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

The OzGolf way !!! :)

3oneday
24th September 2010, 01:00 PM
:)

Just wondering, cause I have bunged in some numbers and it is giving me 80 bucks!

There are some dodgy locations, but ultimately unless your dimensions are way off it's probably right.

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 01:05 PM
:(

3oneday
24th September 2010, 01:08 PM
Do you want a 2nd opinion ? Where to where with what ?

macjackass
24th September 2010, 01:11 PM
:(

Yoss, you may laugh at this but when I bought a stand bag from Melbourne it was way cheaper (less than half) when they guy wrapped the bag in garbage bags, rather than putting it in a box. Bag arrived in perfect condition (looked odd for sure). Something to consider, maybe.

markTHEblake
24th September 2010, 07:02 PM
I just sent an 8kg large size golf bag from Gold Coast to Yass for $38 (inc 25% discount)

Yoss, you may laugh at this but when I bought a stand bag from Melbourne it was way cheaper (less than half) when they guy wrapped the bag in garbage bags, rather than putting it in a box. Bag arrived in perfect condition (looked odd for sure). Something to consider, maybe.

wouldnt effect the price at all, a golf bag is always going to have a cubed weight far in excess of actual weight.

Yossarian
24th September 2010, 08:08 PM
Cheers guys, bag has magically jumped over my cash limit. Cheers though.

Ferrins
24th September 2010, 08:14 PM
I'm going to get these wankers to pick up a package and deliver it next door. Wondering if it will take 8 days or if they'll lose it in transit.

BrisVegas
25th September 2010, 11:06 AM
Was just quoted $11.55 (not incl. insurance obviously) for a carton brisbane to cannington, wa. Road freight, so could take 10 days, but sheesh that's cheap. I'll pay extra attention to filling the carton with paper after seeing that pic of gaz's above.

Yossarian
25th September 2010, 01:28 PM
Cannington hey. What is simmsy buying?

gazgolf1
24th December 2010, 06:01 PM
Anyone used these clowns lately?

damoocow
24th December 2010, 06:49 PM
Gaz - I wouldn't use them again - 2 wks to get from Perth to Brisbane is rubbish ... cheap cheap rubbish

WBennett
24th December 2010, 06:51 PM
I'm 5 from 5 happy customer attempts.

I'll use them again. But if they ****ed up, I'd unload. I'm fickle that way!

gazgolf1
24th December 2010, 08:02 PM
Anybody tried Couriers Please to send clubs?, you don't need an account and just pay via credit card.

http://couriersplease1-px.rtrk.com.au/content/view/68/138

TS
24th December 2010, 10:51 PM
Anybody tried Couriers Please to send clubs?, you don't need an account and just pay via credit card.

I haven't use Courier Please for sending golf clubs.

But I used them a lot for sending Computer stuff for quite a few years and I don't think I lost anything yet.

KristianJ
25th December 2010, 12:34 AM

Virge does, I think.

Baudwalker
28th December 2010, 01:16 PM
The long haul stuff on e-go uses the normal semi interstate method.
Their stuff very seldom uses ANY of the go-quick express lines

They also tend to ship big city to big city and then re-ship to distribute

WA to TAS = WA > SYDNEY > MELBOURNE > TAS basically because most of their long haul stuff goes that way.

Saves lots of trucks going lots of places and costing more and because the multiple handling involved errors can happen easily

Most freight simply goes into a void once the collection truck arrives at the depot

Most sort into STATE first .. eg GREEN conveyor for QLD and RED conveyor for VIC and so on ALL MANUALLY SORTED
Then at the end of that conveyor is someone that "SUPPOSEDLY" knows all of the destinations in HIS state
and so it goes on and on and on
LOST ITEMS ONLY APPEAR AFTER ALL DELIVERIES ARE MADE AT THE DESTINATION AND THOSE LEFT "MUST" be in the wrong place ... simple logic

Of course the u-beaut go quicks that charge like wounded bulls mainly bar code their stuff and the computer does the sort .. anyone here trust COMPUTERS

AP .. well another story indeed .. in Tassie it is CHEAPER to OVERNIGHT / NEXT DAY DELIVERY over 5kg that is normal rates
And things take so long because the shetland ponies they use have difficulty keeping their heads above the rough seas swimming to Melbourne
They were told to use Clydesdales because they swim better but the costs won't allow it .. they eat more feed you see

SO ,,, as was said earlier WHAT YOU GET IS WHAT YOU PAY FOR
I have had no problems with e-go and it is always left inside the front portico out of sight of everyone
Maybe the individual drivers conscience has something to do wit this because most 'local' deliveries are NOT e-go people but contractors

MegaWatty
1st January 2011, 12:17 PM
Is this the end of e-go?

After my last experience with these guys, I don't think I'll be using them again.

I have found www.interparcel.com.au and they seem to have some competitive prices using the big courier companies.

I did a quick quote from Perth to Shailer Park in Brissy as a test for a box 115x10x10 and the best deal was DHL for 14 and change.

Yossarian
1st January 2011, 02:06 PM
What happened?

They got a bag to me ok, insurance seems a must though.

MegaWatty
1st January 2011, 02:12 PM
Twice now I've had to chase them to pick stuff up.

The second time they picked up the Mizzys from my porch but didn't scan the con note. Then I sent numerous emails asking if it had been picked up and in the end they cracked the shits at me and asked why I was being like I was. Possibly the fact that I may be missing a set of clubs was the reason.

Anyway, after 7 or 8 days they found the consignment still in Perth and decided to get it across to Virge.

Fail.

KristianJ
1st January 2011, 02:13 PM
Is this the end of e-go?

After my last experience with these guys, I don't think I'll be using them again.

I have found www.interparcel.com.au and they seem to have some competitive prices using the big courier companies.

I did a quick quote from Perth to Shailer Park in Brissy as a test for a box 115x10x10 and the best deal was DHL for 14 and change.

Guy I bought my I-701s from used them from memory...seemed quite reasonable in terms of time but not sure what the prices were like. However that quick quote looks promising.

markTHEblake
1st January 2011, 08:07 PM
Gaz - I wouldn't use them again - 2 wks to get from Perth to Brisbane is rubbish ... cheap cheap rubbish
When you made the booking E-Go would have told you it was about 12 working days to Perth, so you should have known. However in all my cases shipments have arrived 2-3 days earlier so it seems their estimates are worst case.

Used them all the time until E-go came along, but i had to prepay by buying vouchers at around $150 at a time. I didnt know you could do one offs with them. However they are no different than E-go as they also use contractors and third party couriers as they don't have a presence everywhere (unless you are going from City to City).

I dont have problems with E-go and will continue to use them.

just
8th January 2011, 01:12 PM
What's the current courier of choice? I'm thinking about selling a couple of uncut hybrid shafts and I'm after a cheap option I can offer otherwise it'll have to be a local sale only.

Yossarian
8th January 2011, 01:14 PM
Just e-go has still be ok for me. As long as you insure they seem to be fine.

Others may have a different opinion though.

markTHEblake
8th January 2011, 05:35 PM
What's the current courier of choice?

e-go. Just carefully follow their instructions to the letter, and pay the $1 insurance.

3oneday
8th January 2011, 07:39 PM
Go with $1.10 insurance option, they treat them right then it seems.

aym
11th January 2011, 03:22 PM
First time using e-go, so hopefully you guys can answer few questions for me:

1. they don't have a phone number to call?
2. when is the actual pick up? in the FAQs it's saying in the afternoon so it can be any day or on the same day of the booking?
3. what happens if the sender is not home? can the package be left at the door?

markTHEblake
11th January 2011, 06:14 PM
1. they don't have a phone number to call?
correct.

2. when is the actual pick up? in the FAQs it's saying in the afternoon so it can be any day or on the same day of the booking?it is impossible for them to come at a specific time, so just book it well in advance and get it picked up from somewhere that is always open, like your workplace.

3. what happens if the sender is not home? can the package be left at the door? that is definitely explained in great detail on the website. The redelivery fee is about $25 at receivers cost, so it is recomended to deliver to a business address or the receiver states an ATL (authority to leave)
most couriers are the same.

3oneday
11th January 2011, 07:27 PM
He said sender.

Just leave it at your door and they'll collect it whenever. If you try to book a time there is a $55 charge.

aym
12th January 2011, 12:14 AM
Ah I see, thanks guys.

Daves
12th January 2011, 12:06 PM
Not surprsingly, E-Go has suspended all services and temporarily closed its depot in Brissy due to the floods.