PDA

View Full Version : Deutsche Bank Championship

LowTee
2nd September 2010, 12:36 PM
Can an Aussie lift the trophy this week? In the paper this morning had a good interview with Adam Scott who is defintely talking positively, check out the link here
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/ive-never-hit-golf-balls-better-scott-20100901-14mx5.html

morgy
2nd September 2010, 10:34 PM
I this televised in Australia? I can't find where it in the Foxtel or normal TV guides....

Daves
2nd September 2010, 10:39 PM
I this televised in Australia? I can't find where it in the Foxtel or normal TV guides....

It will be on Foxtel, but doesn't start till early hours of Saturday morning our time;

http://www.foxsports.com.au/tvguide/0,22520,20100904,00.html

KristianJ
2nd September 2010, 10:40 PM
It starts on Saturday morning our time due to this being the Labor Day weekend in the US...

morgy
2nd September 2010, 10:58 PM
oh right.. damn, I was keen to watch it tonight.. I have bets on Fowler, Scotty, Dustin, and Bubba.... fingers crossed.

dave1
3rd September 2010, 04:25 PM
I dont bet.....mad betting on golf!

hmm looking fwd to watching the replays where I can skip all the waffle......and still shots of the blimp...god can someone tell yanks how to telecast golf......it took me 1.5 hours to watch 4 hours the other day.......Im not interested in who won it 1978.....I really dont care!!...Im not interested in the some tree planted in 1859....seriously i have never seen some bull bull shizen show in a golf telecast

yet the Euro tour golf hardly had any breaks or distractions as it was wire to wire golf.....and they showed everyone......

my tip for this week.....tiger.....dont know why just think he showed some glimpses of form last week ..shot 7 under and gave waway so many shots thru silly mistakes

Daves
4th September 2010, 09:02 AM
Aussies mostly looking good after the 1st round. Jason Day in T1, Ogilvy one shot back, Matt Jones 2 back. Tiger looks gone already at T87 (out of 100) and 9 shots off the lead.

terrys
4th September 2010, 09:31 AM
gee Ogilvy threw it away. -8 after 14. could have been another 59 with 18 playing the easiest hole of on the course.

LowTee
4th September 2010, 12:23 PM
Ogilvy and Day 10 birdies in the round pretty incredible, Let's hope the Aussies keep it up, will be interesting to see if Tiger brings out the magic tomorrow

McMw
5th September 2010, 12:12 AM
Sim is on the move and Ogilvy going backwards when everyone (it seems) is moving up!!!

Daves
5th September 2010, 08:28 AM
Day retains T1, Senden and Sims are also in the top 10. Ogilvy slipped back to T23, Scott and Jones also lurking there. Tiger comes back with a 65, but still 7 behind at T29 and Fat Phil matches his round to climb to T8.

TheTrueReview
5th September 2010, 09:30 AM
... Ogilvy going backwards when everyone (it seems) is moving up!!!

Geoff had posted his occasional scorching round on the prior day. Shame he doesn't put more of them together.

Day certainly is in rich form at the moment. Certainly a confident young man.

LowTee
5th September 2010, 07:52 PM
I got a piece of Sim after round 1. (200-1)

Fingers crossed think you might be onto something there, he has been playing so solid

dave1
5th September 2010, 09:10 PM
Jason TOday right now is top ten player in the world.....:lol:

this bloke is seriously long off the tee.....and has great short game....the flop he hit on 18 was class all class

he can putt...from 10 feet hes very very good...

please I hope to god like hell some swing guru doesnt try to change him......

he will win a major.....I know thats a a big call......but he serious length, good iron player and can short game is rock solid

I have watched the last two tourrnaments.....yay I have foxtel HD and he just has no fear and nails putts...he chews up par 5's

great round by snedds also...

loved his quote......it went something like "this isnt real work"...he was acknowledging the fact that he gets to play game for millions....hmm maybe he could have a beer with and a chat to Tiger whom has permanent scowl on his face

TheTrueReview
5th September 2010, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=dave1;524300]Jason TOday right now is top ten player in the world.....

this bloke is seriously long off the tee.....and has great short game....the flop he hit on 18 was class all class

he can putt...from 10 feet hes very very good...

please I hope to god like hell some swing guru doesnt try to change him......

he will win a major.....I know thats a a big call......but he serious length, good iron player and can short game is rock solid

I have watched the last two tourrnaments..... ... and he just has no fear and nails putts...he chews up par 5's

..... /QUOTE]

Top post, Dave. :smt023 +1 to that.

PeteyD
5th September 2010, 09:23 PM
He tore the Nationawide Tour rulebooks up. Pretty sure he'd have to get hit by a bus to not have a good career.

TheTrueReview
5th September 2010, 09:34 PM
He tore the Nationawide Tour rulebooks up. Pretty sure he'd have to get hit by a bus to not have a good career.

In contrast to Nick Flanaghan who lasted one season after being promoted from the Nationwide Tour.

PeteyD
5th September 2010, 09:40 PM
Plenty of guys only last one season, even those that get through Q School.

Flanaghan is from NSW, what did you expect?

Daves
6th September 2010, 07:56 AM
Day moves to a 1 shot lead, go Jason! Ogilvy and Scott both shoot day low 65s to move to equal T6 tied with Phil. Tiger 10 behind and not in it.

Jarro
6th September 2010, 08:21 AM
Could've been better for Day too after 3 putting a short par 3 :roll:

Grunt
6th September 2010, 08:30 AM
Also a pretty good par save for Snedeker on the last.

LowTee
6th September 2010, 08:32 AM
Yeah must admit that all is going ok, great to see Ogilvy up there as well backing up after the first round, come on the Aussies!!!

LowTee
6th September 2010, 08:33 AM
In contrast to Nick Flanaghan who lasted one season after being promoted from the Nationwide Tour.

What has happened to Flanagan? Seems to have just lost the plot, any ideas?

McMw
6th September 2010, 09:41 AM

hanging out with Ty too much....

TheTrueReview
6th September 2010, 09:45 AM

I thought he might've been having a go on the Euro Tour.

chappy1970
6th September 2010, 12:44 PM
C'mon Jason Day, he is in my Fantasy team and if he gets over the line, it would really help my chances of winning a prize

ddasey
7th September 2010, 08:03 AM
Bugger, Day just couldn't get it done today. Although a 62 from Hoffman is not a bad effort at all.

Good to see 3 Aussies in the Top 5.

LowTee
7th September 2010, 08:30 AM
Amazing round from Hoffman, great work from the Aussies all moving in the right direction in the Playoffs, can one of them win the BMW?

Hamo84
7th September 2010, 08:50 AM
wht happened to fat Phil? Just saw that he racked up + 5 today, bad day with the driver?

razaar
7th September 2010, 08:53 AM
We were talking about Hoffman at the Club on Thursday about how well he was swinging it. None of us realized just how well he was swinging it. Nice to see him have an important win.

Tiger seems to be on the improve. Mickelson 3 putting from 5 feet and then shooting 76 must be worrying for his camp.

McMw
7th September 2010, 09:15 AM
Hoffman was cutting it like a weekend hack off the tee with his 2 slices...but his putting (with that beautiful X3 putter) was pretty damn good...
and loved the slo-mo of his cart path shot... :)

McMw
7th September 2010, 09:16 AM
it was pretty nice to see more Aussie flags than USA flags on the first page of the leaderboard...

LowTee
7th September 2010, 10:09 AM
it was pretty nice to see more Aussie flags than USA flags on the first page of the leaderboard...

Ain't that the truth

dave1
7th September 2010, 08:43 PM
well done hoffy

his holed bunker shot was incrediable....

day didnt do allot wrong... he left allot of long putts for himself and difficult chips.......

Jason day is in great form......kudos to ogilvy, Scott and Senden

onto cog hill......top 30 get to the final

KristianJ
7th September 2010, 08:46 PM
I wonder if Footjoy will see a spike in sales of green gloves after Charley's win...

mike
7th September 2010, 09:03 PM
Why the hell did Day go for the glory shot on 18. Lay up for his second. Easy pitch and 2 putts for a par. All he needed. A 2nd is better than a T2nd. He had some rotten luck with lipouts.

I've always thought Hoffman looked like Gromit with a mullet.

mike
7th September 2010, 09:33 PM
Or is it Wallace? Which is which?

McMw
7th September 2010, 10:08 PM
Why the hell did Day go for the glory shot on 18. Lay up for his second. Easy pitch and 2 putts for a par. All he needed. A 2nd is better than a T2nd. He had some rotten luck with lipouts.

he didn't want to be a Sim???

virge666
7th September 2010, 10:11 PM
It was good golf today...

Day only problem was pulling shots with his short irons... if you see the replay he missed SO MANY shots left...

But . . .

How freaking good is his short game ???

Ferrins
7th September 2010, 10:23 PM
Or is it Wallace? Which is which?
Gromit is the dog

Flavzz
7th September 2010, 10:55 PM
It was good golf today...

Day only problem was pulling shots with his short irons... if you see the replay he missed SO MANY shots left...

But . . .

How freaking good is his short game ???

Absolutely great short game! The commentators were talking him up big time, he just has really bad final round averages and once he tightens them up he will be a real force in world golf and contend for majors..

LeftyHoges
8th September 2010, 12:27 AM
he just has really bad final round averages and once he tightens them up he will be a real force in world golf and contend for majors..

That's what they said about Norman.... :neutral: