PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: iPhone 4 32GB - Unlocked / Sealed in box

DracZ
1st September 2010, 06:18 PM
Hi all,

Looking to sell a brand new iPhone 4 32GB, still sealed in box. Has been officially unlocked via Optus, just need to restore the phone in iTunes to complete the process.

Price is $1025

Thanks guys

virge666
1st September 2010, 06:22 PM
Bastard. - Just paid 1150 each for two...

utter utter bastard

MegaWatty
1st September 2010, 06:27 PM

utter utter bastard

Why did you pay $151 more than retail?

markTHEblake
1st September 2010, 06:39 PM
good question, why is this a good buy? I can get one of these on a contract and pay it off over two years for about the same, or salary sacrifice it for even less.

MegaWatty
1st September 2010, 07:03 PM
I bought mine outright to stay on an old plan with better call rates.

My wife's will be going on a plan though.

DracZ
1st September 2010, 07:08 PM

utter utter bastard

Bugga, should've put this up for sale earlier lol

Why did you pay $151 more than retail?

good question, why is this a good buy? I can get one of these on a contract and pay it off over two years for about the same, or salary sacrifice it for even less.

Basically stock levels are still extremely iffy, there's a good 2-4 week wait to get one on contract depending on which provider you decide on. Likewise for purchasing one outright from Apple.

The price you pay is for the benefit of getting the product now, as opposed to a couple of weeks later etc.

henno
1st September 2010, 07:11 PM
The price you pay is for the benefit of getting the product now, as opposed to a couple of weeks later etc.

Otherwise known as the "wanker tax".

Apple does this on purpose to generate hype. Honestly, do you really think they just "happen" to have supply issues with just about every new device they release?

LarryLong
1st September 2010, 07:26 PM

:smt038

DracZ
1st September 2010, 07:46 PM

Apple does this on purpose to generate hype. Honestly, do you really think they just "happen" to have supply issues with just about every new device they release?

Sorry for being daft, but what exactly does this have to do with my thread? If you have an issue with Apple or their tactics, kindly take it up with them.

In any case if you think this example of existing products having their prices go up when there are none in stock is exclusive to Apple products, perhaps you should remove those blinders and take a better look around.

virge666
1st September 2010, 08:00 PM

Supply and Demand, dead simple.

I agree on all acounts that Mac fanboys are total dickheads. I also agree that Mac are so marketing centric that it aint funny.

The problem is that they have the best phone on the market. The others are nice, the HTC and samsung are great phones, but no visual voicemail and they are sadly lacking in working apps and outlook sync and formatting. I also have 6 guys in management who want iPhones NOW, so they can throw their blackberries in a bin.

I cannot get iPhones from anyone without a 3-4 week wait, or I can pay $800 for a 3GS, and that ain't going to happen.

Shits me to tears !!

henno
1st September 2010, 08:19 PM
Sorry for being daft, but what exactly does this have to do with my thread?

You're charging a certain price in order to "get the product now"; it's perfectly relevant. :?

Supply and Demand, dead simple.

So what you're saying is that while the design team are busy running around patting themselves on the back for another job well done, the Supply Chain team are a bunch of shaved chimps that can't learn from previous product supply issues? I'm not sure which is worse: your idea or my conspiracy theory. :razz:

no visual voicemail

Google voice does this in Android, it just doesn't work outside the US yet. So point taken.

DracZ
1st September 2010, 08:51 PM
You're charging a certain price in order to "get the product now"; it's perfectly relevant. :?

Your issue is with Apple's "false shortage", in order to generate hype and sell more products.

I'm only charging a token amount more per individual product in order to steer potential buyers toward purchasing both at the same time where'd they would only be paying retail.
Both phones are brand new and still sealed, why on earth would I charge any less?

As for your obvious beef with Apple and the way they do business - ask yourself this, if their method has worked so well for them since the introduction of the first iPhone, why would they now decide to "learn" and change their entire strategy? As a business model would this not be somewhat...counterproductive? Just because they *might* be able to provide sufficient numbers for the initial demand, doesn't mean they should.

Ned
1st September 2010, 08:54 PM
This thread sold yet ?

henno
1st September 2010, 09:01 PM
Just because they *might* be able to provide sufficient numbers for the initial demand, doesn't mean they should.

Yes. My point exactly.

And I'm not saying you should charge less. Go nuts, they're clearly worth it judging by the interest.

DracZ
2nd September 2010, 01:00 PM
One has been sold, one left!