PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Heavyweight Title Fight - Hux v Nudgee

nudgee
31st August 2010, 03:07 PM
On the blue corner, originally from sunny Spain but unfortunately often mistaken for a south african, representing all that is good about the golf game, humanity and life in general NUDGEE..................................

v

On the red corner originally from the slums of somewhere, the SKYMARKER!! representing all that is evil about golf in general - HUX........................

Let the sledgfest begin!!!!!!

PS Time and a place TBA

Lucasto23
31st August 2010, 03:26 PM
May the biggest burglar win :)

3oneday
31st August 2010, 03:39 PM
What driver Jamie ?

henno
31st August 2010, 04:12 PM
Go the big fella!

;-)

Ned
31st August 2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah watch out for the Seth Efrikin in him Hux, might be like his compatriot Thugby Player who has been charged with murdering a cop last week.!

nudgee
31st August 2010, 04:48 PM
3OD I am trialling a Adams 9064 LS with an AD DI 8 shaft and an FT9 TA with an Oban Devotion.

One of these beauties will see me through this clash of the giants!!

BrisVegas
31st August 2010, 05:09 PM
Golf will be the winner here.

bah, who am i kidding!?!?!?

Jarro
31st August 2010, 05:24 PM
pair of faggoty nancy boys :roll:

Eag's
31st August 2010, 05:26 PM
More like the battle of the powder puffs.

jaybam
31st August 2010, 05:32 PM
Just don't stand infront of hux with a wedge in his hand. You could wear it in the back of the head lol

Daves
31st August 2010, 07:00 PM
So is it Cortes the Killer Vs Robocop???

or.............

Manuel vs Chief Wigan!?

nudgee
31st August 2010, 08:26 PM
I prefer Cortes the Killer v Robocop!

whoever wins this needs to win the final - can't let any of the nancy pretty boys win the final!!!

Yossarian
31st August 2010, 08:28 PM
He came dancing across the water

Jarro
1st September 2010, 03:24 AM
I'm predicting Hux to be blinded by Nudgees bling :shock:

Hux
1st September 2010, 06:53 AM
Well due to Jamies constant attempts to distract me with bright shiny new toys on the golf course I have decided to fight fire with fire. Oban Devotion in an R9 3 wood and a choice of Kai Li or Oban Revenge in a Cobra S2. That and a shiny Leupold rangefinder will have him as distracted as a 16 year old at a strip club.

My first coaching session is next Tuesday with someone who can apparently help the unhelpable. I have this done and dusted already.

jaybam
1st September 2010, 07:08 AM
I was going to say go hux but getting lessons is just cheating mate.

AndyP
1st September 2010, 07:28 AM
Getting lessons is sure to do his head in.

nudgee
1st September 2010, 10:48 AM
Lessons????......he he he........Oh man this thing is in the bag already!!

Devotion and Kaili???? Pffft they are so 2009!!! get up with the latest amigo if you are going to attempt to "out bling" me.

AndyP - get ready for the final

Hux
1st September 2010, 05:40 PM
I was going to say go hux but getting lessons is just cheating mate.

You said that about Laser rangefinders as well :mrgreen:

Getting lessons is sure to do his head in.

What makes you think it can be any worse than it is :shock:

Lessons????......he he he........Oh man this thing is in the bag already!!

Devotion and Kaili???? Pffft they are so 2009!!! get up with the latest amigo if you are going to attempt to "out bling" me.

AndyP - get ready for the final

I've ditched the dodgy DI6...Tiger can't hit them and neither can I. Speaking of which he and I have similar fwy stats lately....rarely see them off the tee!
I'm looking forward to my gam eagainst Ian. You two big heads will be that focussed on a future game you will fail to see us reliable battlers tuned up and ready to go.:smt108

And I'll be all grooved in for the champs - one round last year, two this year I have PTP in my sights :mrgreen::mrgreen:.

Hux
13th September 2010, 07:12 PM
In a major concession to getting this game done (and my recent good form at Nudgee) I have decided to play the portly Porto at Nudgee this Friday. The long hitting often spraying club hoing handicap burgling one is however going to give me an extra shot each nine to make up for it :-)

The group is already full as I jumped in on an existing group so no spectators unless you want to book in @ 7.24am.

1. Nudgee
2. Hux
3. Perci
4. Graham (Perci's BIL).

I'm predicting this will be all over in 15 holes as El Gran Devorador de pollo is so confident of an easy win he will lose attention and be more focussed on tucking in to his next KFC Julia Gillard takeaway meal.

nudgee
13th September 2010, 08:50 PM
Hux, what have you been smoking??? I am not given you anything let alone a shot every 9 holes - you king of burglars, I have to give you 11 shots for faaarks sake!!

Nudgee south obviously suits you considering you keep breaking 40 pts there.

For the record I hate KFC!!

Hux
14th September 2010, 07:06 PM
The only thing I have been smoking is drives down the middle....bwah who am I kidding.

Whats another 2 shots between friends El Gran Devorado

jaybam
14th September 2010, 07:16 PM
Go perci

nudgee
17th September 2010, 12:09 PM
Well it is all over - I got absolutely smashed - 6 and 3 or 5 and 3 or something like that to Hux - there was never any doubt after losing the first 4 holes!!! Hux played very very very very well - 46 faaarrrrking points for God's sake!!!

I had lots of firsts like a shanked 8 iron straight of the hosel! A club thrown......................which landed in the middle of the pond on the 4th hole.

Played like Steady Eddie and deserved to be done like dinner - I would have hated playing to my handicap to still be hammered!!!

BrisVegas
17th September 2010, 12:13 PM
46 points! FFS. Bad luck nudgee. Hux - stewards inquiry pending. :roll:

Hux
17th September 2010, 12:15 PM
The Clash of the Titans ended up more like Christians v Lions at the Colloseum.

Our big spanish friend decided to have his worst game in a long time today (and I understand he was suffering an injury as well).... reality is the lesson with Calder is paying dividends and I had my best round since October last year.
Match went

C C C C J C C 0 J to turn with me 4 up courtesy of a run of 3 pars to start when Jamie was at his worst and then a knife in the heart with a birdie on the par 3 7th to take it to five up before a great par on the ninth brought it back to 4 up.

Back nine was C 0 C J 0 C to finish 5/3

Thanks for the hit Nudgee.

razaar
17th September 2010, 12:34 PM
Good stuff, Craig...who's next?

Hux
17th September 2010, 12:35 PM
Iain or AndyP in the finals apparently.

PeteyD
17th September 2010, 01:07 PM
Hux - are you interested in playing the final in the first round of the champs? There is a lot of precedent for it.

Hux
17th September 2010, 01:12 PM
Hux - are you interested in playing the final in the first round of the champs? There is a lot of precedent for it.

Yes mate. I have never even seen Horton Park but depending if its Iain or AndyP in the final? I'd hate to play Andy there as I believe he played there as a junior??

Eag's
17th September 2010, 01:18 PM
Nice win Hux, bad luck Nudgee.

ddasey
17th September 2010, 01:18 PM
Nice win big fella.

You have hit a purple patch recently, good stuff.

nudgee
17th September 2010, 01:22 PM
It was a massacre - never had a chance.

poor AndyP/Iain they have nothing as they have to give Hux a lot of shots!

perci
17th September 2010, 01:59 PM
Congats Huxstable and commiserations Jamie,I don't think their would be an Ozgolfer that would have had a chance today the way Hux played,keep it going big fella!

AndyP
17th September 2010, 03:09 PM
Great round, Hux.

Hux - are you interested in playing the final in the first round of the champs? There is a lot of precedent for it.Except last year, where I thought it worked out well. Champs and Matchplay separate is better.

PeteyD
17th September 2010, 03:12 PM
Haha. It won't matter once Iain flogs you. I need to know for the draw.

Hux
17th September 2010, 03:15 PM
Great round, Hux.

Except last year, where I thought it worked out well. Champs and Matchplay separate is better.

Worked out well for you anyway :-)

Were you a member at HP?

AndyP
17th September 2010, 03:20 PM
Were you a member at HP?Yep.

sms316
17th September 2010, 05:26 PM
How on eart do you only get beaten 5&3 against a score of 46pts? Imagine what jarro would have been beaten by?

PeteyD
17th September 2010, 06:22 PM
Hux's new nick name is the All Blacks. Peaking too early.

Jarro
17th September 2010, 07:44 PM
Nice win Hux.

You'll smash Iain next round 8)

Hux
17th September 2010, 08:58 PM
Yep.

Home course advantage. Pelican Waters if its against you.

jaybam
17th September 2010, 08:59 PM
congrats hux. At least i can say i was beaten by the 2010 match play champ :)

AndyP
17th September 2010, 10:35 PM
Home course advantage. Pelican Waters if its against you.
Your logic is flawed and it's not worth discussing yet.

Hux
18th September 2010, 12:50 PM
Your logic is flawed and it's not worth discussing yet.

I can't wait to hear this one -

Quite simply I am not playing it at HP so now both you and Iain will know one will be playing at Pelican on the Saturday. :-)

AndyP
18th September 2010, 05:09 PM
I have never even seen Horton Park but depending...

Quite simply I am not playing it at HP
Change of tone.

My mistake. I thought both parties had to agree on a venue.

Iain
18th September 2010, 08:39 PM
Change of tone.

My mistake. I thought both parties had to agree on a venue.

I agree, I'd much rather play it at HP than PW....

Hux
18th September 2010, 09:22 PM
Looks like there will be a difficulty then. I will not be playing it at HP :-)

First qualifier I at least have a say that counts :-)

Iain
18th September 2010, 09:40 PM
Looks like there will be a difficulty then. I will not be playing it at HP :-)

First qualifier I at least have a say that counts :-)

Ok, your say counts as much as the other guys...

jaybam
18th September 2010, 09:42 PM
I haven't read the rules and am probably wrong but I thought the final was played first round of the champs?

Hux
18th September 2010, 09:43 PM
So far we have one definite and two theoreticals :-) That is my point - you two ganging up early is ...theoretical as only one will have a say ;-)

Iain
18th September 2010, 09:44 PM
Nope, AP played at Pac Harbour last year.

jaybam
18th September 2010, 09:45 PM
Cool thanks iain. Wasn't sure why I thought that.

Hux
18th September 2010, 09:45 PM
I haven't read the rules and am probably wrong but I thought the final was played first round of the champs?

Don't quote me but I think it is merely to be played during the champs weekend. Last year was the Friday and I believe previously has been on the Saturday.

AndyP
19th September 2010, 05:26 AM
It has to be played before the end of the Champs weekend, which means it can be played in the weeks leading up to it. On one occasion it was given an extension beyond the Champs.

BrisVegas
19th September 2010, 06:28 PM
sheesh. what a drama! it aint the World Matchplay Title gents.

AndyP
19th September 2010, 06:38 PM
No, it's not. It's bigger.

nudgee
19th September 2010, 07:13 PM
It has to be at a mutually agreeable venue to both finalists and it doesn't take a genius to understand hux's reluctance to play andyp (if he is in final) at horton park, I am sure AP would not want to play hux at his home course bribie island!.

At the end of the day, it isn't really WGC Matchplay and some people take this way too serious.

AndyP
19th September 2010, 07:26 PM
What does that have to do with Iain, nudgee?