PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3GS 32 Gb ** UNLOCKED **

Fishman Dan
30th August 2010, 10:02 PM
I've upgraded to the iPhone 4, and the brides contract expires soon so she'll do the same. I have no need for my 3GS.

Bought from a T-Life store in Sydney CBD in June 2009. It's never missed a beat. It has worn a cover and screen guard it's entire life so is still in perfect condition.

I'm open to offers. I understand unlocked 3GS's are selling for hundreds. Power/USB cable included, and will include the new headphones from my new phone. Happy to pass on the current cover and screen protector but you might want to change these.

PM if you want more details, pics etc. Will happily demo for anyone in the Sydney CBD.

Yossarian
30th August 2010, 10:04 PM
Hmmmm. I would need it unlocked. If it isn't a pain in the arse, because I can't promise I would buy it, could you find out how much?

Cheers

MegaWatty
30th August 2010, 10:08 PM
Should be free if you've paid out the contract.

timah!
30th August 2010, 10:09 PM
Unlocking should be free...It is with Optus.

Fishman Dan
30th August 2010, 10:10 PM
Hmmmm. I would need it unlocked. If it isn't a pain in the arse, because I can't promise I would buy it, could you find out how much?

Cheers

Happy to find out. It's pretty clear the Unlocked iPhone's are selling for considerably more on eBay so it's in my best interest to find out.

I think if you BYO your own iPhone to Telstra and jump on a contract you get something like $200-300 credit on your account. Their plans are pretty competitive now.

Iain
30th August 2010, 10:17 PM
$150 to unlock a Telstra iPhone. Unless you have other services with them or get lucky.

Yossarian
30th August 2010, 10:17 PM
Cheers, just checked ebay and wow! You should whack it on there and make some money.

Yossarian
30th August 2010, 10:21 PM
Ouch.

Ned
30th August 2010, 10:31 PM
Ive had HTC, Blackberry's, Nokia's and Samsungs, but a mate of mine upgraded to a 4 two weeks ago and gave me his old 3GS.

So far its pretty good and the screen functions are still better then the HTC's Ive had, old and new.

If you don't want the latest and greatest then this would be a good pick up.

Trix
30th August 2010, 10:53 PM
isnt there a patch over the web to do this ? im pretty sure its just a setting in the iphone and a 3rd party app can do it .... im sure ive done this b4 but i cant remember ! :p

markTHEblake
30th August 2010, 11:57 PM
I have seen this phone and i kid you not that it is in pristine condition. Fish only ever handled it with Mittens on.

Fishman Dan
31st August 2010, 12:22 AM
$150 to unlock a Telstra iPhone. Unless you have other services with them or get lucky.

Yeah, it's a rort. I paid my way out of the contract, but through some billing issues last year I know a lot of the staff at T-Life, and recently someone I know from school started working there as one of the manager/co-ordinators. I've got several services with Telstra, which was in my favour when buying out my contract - they cut it by 50%.

Courty
31st August 2010, 06:09 AM
Yeah, it's a rort. I paid my way out of the contract, but through some billing issues last year I know a lot of the staff at T-Life, and recently someone I know from school started working there as one of the manager/co-ordinators. I've got several services with Telstra, which was in my favour when buying out my contract - they cut it by 50%.

I posted this elsewhere, but if you push them hard enough Telstra will unlock it for nix. A mate of mine got half a dozen iPhones unlocked for nothing, but it took him going to the Ombudsman to do so.

goughy
31st August 2010, 06:40 AM
Tell them you're going overseas and want to drop an ATT sim in it while in the US. Might help.

Biggles
31st August 2010, 08:36 AM
Rough price your looking for delivered?

Fishman Dan
31st August 2010, 09:30 AM
Rough price your looking for delivered?

Hard to say without getting it unlocked. Here's a completed listing of a Telstra locked phone - this one still has 4 months warranty;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Apple-iPhone-3GS-Black-32GB-Mobile-Phone-4-Sale-/320579993469?pt=AU_Mobile_Phones

There are other listings for about the same sale price but this one has multiple bids. I am going to the T-Life shop soon to query getting it unlocked.

Sorry about the vagueness, I'll confirm a price when I know if it can be unlocked or not.

Fishman Dan
31st August 2010, 10:33 AM
Good news for me - the phone is now unlocked.... or will be in 5 hours. Because the previous contract was paid out there were no questions asked.

Biggles - check out some completed listings on eBay and PM me a fair offer and I'll happily consider it. Where are you located?

AndyP
31st August 2010, 10:37 AM
Don't we have a 20 post limit per month before people can offload their gear in the Pro Shop?

Fishman Dan
31st August 2010, 10:49 AM
Don't we have a 20 post limit per month before people can offload their gear in the Pro Shop?

Please keep your petty trolling to other forums.

How did you become admin anyway... I didn't vote for you.

AndyP
31st August 2010, 10:54 AM
I got through on preferences, Wilkie-style.

KristianJ
31st August 2010, 10:59 AM
Alan Wilkie > Andrew Wilkie.

virge666
31st August 2010, 11:12 AM
Do you have one or two for sale ?

Fishman Dan
31st August 2010, 11:36 AM
Do you have one or two for sale ?

Just the one? Not sure where you think 2, unless you mistakenly took the model number as a plural [joking].

Being that it is now unlocked, I'd like to get $500. All offers will be considered - potentially including trades for a set of Ping I10 or I15's! ;)

virge666
31st August 2010, 12:05 PM
Just the one? Not sure where you think 2, unless you mistakenly took the model number as a plural [joking].

Being that it is now unlocked, I'd like to get $500. All offers will be considered - potentially including trades for a set of Ping I10 or I15's! ;)

I will take it mate

Send me a PM with bank details. When are you trading your missus' phone in ?

I am looking to get either phones or 4.

Is the iPhone 4 any faster ?

Fishman Dan
31st August 2010, 12:57 PM
I'll shoot you a PM Virge.

FWIW - the iPhone 4 is faster, but you don't tend to notice the difference with anything significant. The big plus for me with the iPhone 4 was the HD recording, something I was prepared to buy an extra device to get.

Courty
31st August 2010, 02:10 PM
Fwiw, I'll have a few 3Gs & 3GSs for sale shortly.

virge666
31st August 2010, 02:19 PM
Fwiw, I'll have a few 3Gs & 3GSs for sale shortly.

Drop me a PM when you have them spare mate.

I have two now... I should need another 2 in the near future.

Chris32
31st August 2010, 02:26 PM
Might be keen on one mate, let me know when its time

LeftyHoges
31st August 2010, 02:39 PM
Now that Fishmans is sold, I have mine for sale too. 3G S 32GB in black UNLOCKED, worn a screen protector its whole life. As soon as my iPhone 4 arrives (next week or two) I'll express post mine. PM me if you're interested.
Cheers
LH

Courty
31st August 2010, 03:43 PM
Drop me a PM when you have them spare mate.

I have two now... I should need another 2 in the near future.

There's one 32GB 3GS available as of probably Thursday. I believe it is unlocked but will confirm later. The rest are a couple of weeks away.

Btw, none of these have fallen of the back of a truck or anything dodgy. They are simply surplus to needs now that the iPhone 4's are showing up.

Bushka
1st September 2010, 09:12 AM
Surplus Iphone? Does it look like this?

http://a.imageshack.us/img148/628/courty.jpg

Courty
1st September 2010, 09:15 AM
:lol:

KristianJ
1st September 2010, 11:03 AM
I believe that it should read iCourty.