PDA

View Full Version : Collingwood... YOU SUCK!

ben
9th May 2005, 11:56 AM
Well there are only a few things that I enjoy in life more than a score line like this:

FREMANTLE 9.2 15.5 22.8 28.12 (180) d COLLINGWOOD 0.3 4.6 7.8 10.8 (68 )

How shit are collingwood.  Its about time they clean out the club, starting with the president and then the coach.  The coach is an absolute wanker.  He has under performed and mismanged the players from the beginning.  Its says a lot about a club when a week ago Browny knocked back $6 mill from the tossers to stay at brisbane for $2 mil, YOU CANT EVEN BUY PLAYERS ANYMORE!

They suck, thats all there is too it.  Here's too let ANOTHER wooden spoon for the biggest tools in town.

McMw
9th May 2005, 11:58 AM
fantastic weekend for the WA team....esp with that scoreline to Freo... :twisted:

Fishman Dan
9th May 2005, 12:00 PM
You are a Pies supporter, aren't you Ben?

I saw some of the game, and they were a disgrace. I can't see a single senior player who can consider themselves accountable.

And of discussions from another online forum - the body language just isn't there. When they kicked back-to-back goals in the 3rd quarter, there was no excitement. Sure, there was relief, but no one smiled, ran to congratulate.... shocking stuff.

ben
9th May 2005, 12:03 PM
Fishy,

no i'm not a pies supporter, and I pitty the missguided fools that are.

I just hate them with passion. i hate eddie, i used to love malty when he was at the eagles but now he is just an egotistic wanker. i hate buckley, the MOST overrated player in the game. I just hate everything about them. ugh, they suck so bad, and now they are proving it... AGAIN!

AndyP
9th May 2005, 12:09 PM
It sure is nice to see them down on the bottom of the ladder, and I enjoyed the schlacking they copped yesterday. At half time it was a matter of how much.

I'll wait until May 28 before getting too stuck into them. :-" ;)

Fishman Dan
9th May 2005, 12:11 PM
Fishy,

no i'm not a pies supporter, and I pitty the missguided fools that are.

I just hate them with passion.  i hate eddie, i used to love malty when he was at the eagles but now he is just an egotistic wanker.  i hate buckley, the MOST overrated player in the game.  I just hate everything about them.  ugh, they suck so bad, and now they are proving it... AGAIN!

Ben, as a Carlton fan, i was prepared to be a little hushed on the subject of weekend thrashings, but it would be fair to say, i wasn't going to start this fire either ;)

I actually feel sorry for the Pies fans. My grandfather was born and raised in Collingwood (and Fitzroy), and died a Pies fan. Luckily for me, my grandmother was raised in Carlton ;)

I see it largely as the McGuire factor. His arrogance off the field translates into problems on the field. The sooner this team dissassociates themselves with him, the better. It's bad for the club and the sport.

markTHEblake
9th May 2005, 10:04 PM
What goes around comes around.

Mcguire is the best thing that has happened to Collingwood in modern times, just have a look at their bank account. When he took over they were almost broke (again).

There is about 12 other clubs that would love to have 1/4 of the money that Collingwood has got. Even Brisbane after 3 flags is still broke.

Now on the topic of getting thrashed - werent there some other thrashings on the weekend and the last few weeks? Doesnt that make those teams pathetic as well.

Its ironic that the Hawthorn and Carlton supporters have chipped in here.

Makes me feel mighty proud that even when my team is down you lot still cant help talking about them.

They might be last on the ladder right now, but at least in 10 years they are still certain of being still on the ladder somewhere. Just hope that your mob doesnt become the next Fitzroy.

AndyP
9th May 2005, 10:22 PM
What goes around comes around.
Indeed. It's a vicious circle.
http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=220

Irony or the fact that they are two of the top three posters on the site, who can't help but comment in an AFL thread. :roll:

Fishman Dan
9th May 2005, 11:31 PM

Makes me feel mighty proud that even when my team is down you lot still cant help talking about them.

It's not gossip. We're basking in the glory.

They might be last on the ladder right now,  but at least in 10 years they are still certain of being still on the ladder somewhere. Just hope that your mob doesnt become the next Fitzroy.

Big call. Once channel Eddie loses the rights, maybe they'll have another period of poor finance and leadership - the team is already doing their part. After all, "what goes around comes around", right?

Aussielongdriver
10th May 2005, 06:22 AM
I love the fact that Buckley left Brisbane so he could play in a premiership winning side.

Brisbane 3 Buckley 0

Stephen

Bruce
10th May 2005, 10:37 AM
I think there was an aritcle in the Hun that Collingwood had blooded less players in the last 3 years than any other club. Sheahan called their recent success "illusioury".

The load has been carried by a few and now that they are old/injured (and there is no doubting their injury list has been pretty severe this year) and the rest haven't picked up the pace. The fact that Rhyce Shaw is still getting a game indicates how shallow their list is. I think only Essendon would consider playing him in a senior side. No other club would go near him.

Eddie is suddenly silent on getting rid of priority picks. Are they already conceding the season to "bottom out"?