PDA

View Full Version : A.F.L v N.R.L crowds

Onewood
29th August 2010, 08:02 PM
I was wondering what the crowds where like this year in the AFL without the TANKING allegation and come up with some interesting stats.

Collingwood and the Boncos have the biggest following

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/summary.html

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/crowds/summary.html

MegaWatty
29th August 2010, 08:11 PM
Brisbane's a one team town. Understandable.

henno
30th August 2010, 12:41 PM
Brisbane's a one team town. Understandable.

If you're not going to count the Titans, I'm not going to count Fremantle.

kpac
30th August 2010, 12:55 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the "interesting stats" are...............

MegaWatty
30th August 2010, 01:56 PM
If you're not going to count the Titans, I'm not going to count Fremantle.

Good.

sol381
31st August 2010, 12:04 PM
Afl is actually the second most watched sport in the word on average per game. more so than english premier soccer or german league. only nfl has bigger crowds.

PeteyD
31st August 2010, 12:06 PM
Ahhh NFL. Starts next Friday too.

Sydney Hacker
31st August 2010, 12:11 PM
Afl is actually the second most watched sport in the word on average per game. more so than english premier soccer or german league. only nfl has bigger crowds.

I assume you mean watched live ?

If so it is hard to compare the sport to Premier league, given the majority of their stadiums are relatively small. If they had bigger grounds I am pretty sure they wouldn't struggle too hard to fill them.

sol381
31st August 2010, 12:13 PM
yeah live attendances i should say. cant compete with tv audiences.

macjackass
31st August 2010, 12:20 PM
I assume you mean watched live ?

If so it is hard to compare the sport to Premier league, given the majority of their stadiums are relatively small. If they had bigger grounds I am pretty sure they wouldn't struggle too hard to fill them.

This is only if one of the big clubs is involved. If it's two smaller teams playing you often see them half full.