PDA

View Full Version : Chatroom

AndyP
9th May 2005, 06:17 AM
Guys

To enter the chatroom you must now register. I recommend that you register using your OZgolf username.

There have been several cases (guests or members) in the last week of people using other member' username/real name or pseudo names, when entering the chatroom, and not identifying themselves as otherwise. A couple of times, these log-ins have abused other members. This is unacceptable.

The chatroom has been setup for OZgolf members to have a chat in, without moderation, and a certain amount of trust has been put in the members to not abuse this.

For now, the chatroom will be setup to require registration, however hopefully in the future the chatroom can be set up to only accept users from the forum.
Any dodgy usernames registered will be deleted.

Cheers
AndyP

andylo
9th May 2005, 07:29 AM
Good work Andy. Thank you.
I feel more safe to using the chat room now. Not that I have been offend or something, it just that I feel a little unsure if I am talking to the right person or not.

I think it would be even better if you can pre-register all the current user into the chatroom's database with a default password you are assigned to them, and ppl cannot add new username into it.

Thanks again.

AndyP
9th May 2005, 08:14 AM
I think it would be even better if you can pre-register all the current user into the chatroom's database with a default password you are assigned to them, and ppl cannot add new username into it.
Yep, will be trying to do this.  'Trying' being the key word.  ;)

Fishman Dan
9th May 2005, 08:41 AM
Did you have to put the annoucements as it's own forum? You've wrecked the whole feng-shui of the main page :?

AndyP
9th May 2005, 09:19 AM
Care to name names ?
In the particular instances I am talking about, these people did not identify themselves at all.
In my experience, you usually identified yourself early on.

I'm sorry to ruin your fun with the names, but it was done to stop the bad eggs from abusing the chatroom.

Did you have to put the annoucements as it's own forum?
Yes.
I plan on moving some of the other announcements in here, as well. Just haven't done it yet.

Fishman Dan
9th May 2005, 09:29 AM
Did you have to put the annoucements as it's own forum?
Yes.
I plan on moving some of the other announcements in here, as well.  Just haven't done it yet.

Why don't you make the 'Annoucements' sticky the first item in any forum topic across the board, rather than the first thing you see when you log on? I've seen it done before on other boards..

AndyP
9th May 2005, 09:45 AM
Why don't you make the 'Annoucements' sticky the first item in any forum topic across the board, rather than the first thing you see when you log on? I've seen it done before on other boards..
There is more than one announcement, so how could I have a sticky for it?
Can you provide a link to a forum that does what you are talking about?

Speirsy11
9th May 2005, 09:47 AM

How about making it Z Announcements so it is at the bottom of the first page rather then the top?

AndyP
9th May 2005, 09:53 AM

How about making it Z Announcements so it is at the bottom of the first page rather then the top?
I can easily move it down the bottom without doing that, but I don't see why it is a problem. I intentionally put it up the top.
Do you need 'Golf Matters' up the top that badly? :?

Fishman Dan
9th May 2005, 10:03 AM

I can easily move it down the bottom without doing that, but I don't see why it is a problem.  I intentionally put it up the top.
Do you need 'Golf Matters' up the top that badly? :?

Better feng-shui.

AndyP
30th November 2005, 10:20 PM
Chatroom is now up and running again.
It now shares a server with the forum, as well as, the domain name, which it didn't before.

andylo
1st December 2005, 10:36 AM
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/clikchic/public_html/ozgolf/chat/lib/swearing.lib.php3 on line 18

Check the path of the swearing filter, ADMIN!

:p :p :p

AndyP
1st December 2005, 10:41 AM
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/clikchic/public_html/ozgolf/chat/lib/swearing.lib.php3 on line 18

Check the path of the swearing filter, ADMIN!

:p :p :p
I thought an IT person would be able to determine from that message that a bracket is missing, not a problem with the path.
But what would I know, I'm just a stupid forum admin.

I'll fix the file tonight....maybe.

AndyP
1st December 2005, 08:18 PM
Aaaaahhh, I forgot to put a comma after dick, ****, ****, and ****.
Bugger!

Now working...maybe.

Jarro
1st December 2005, 08:32 PM
good work P, it seems to be working ok now 8)

TS
1st December 2005, 08:55 PM
Love your work P!