PDA

View Full Version : The Barclays

chappy1970
27th August 2010, 10:16 AM
Now that Tig's divorce is final he shoots a good score in the first rd of the Barclays. Hmmm, wonder how he will celebrate if he wins :mrgreen:

3oneday
27th August 2010, 10:28 AM
He looked like a different man in the highlights package.

WBennett
27th August 2010, 10:28 AM
With a Ho-down!

Bushka
27th August 2010, 10:53 AM
Probably take your mother out for a nice seafood dinner...and then never call her.

idgolfguy
27th August 2010, 11:54 AM
He knows that Elin let him off lightly so a reconciliation is likely in the next year or two depending on his behavior.

virge666
27th August 2010, 12:24 PM
New coach as well - don't forget about that, I wonder what she taight him last night...

Adam Scott played pretty good too, as did a few other Aussies.

Looks like Duval might keep his card this year !

Dcanto
27th August 2010, 12:30 PM
Maybe he did something (or someone) to help him relax the night before his frst round? :wink:

Sydney Hacker
27th August 2010, 12:33 PM
New coach as well - don't forget about that, I wonder what she taight him last night...

Adam Scott played pretty good too, as did a few other Aussies.

Looks like Duval might keep his card this year !

Scott 3 putting for par really gives me the shites... if only he could putt, he could be anything !

virge666
27th August 2010, 12:36 PM
Scott 3 putting for par really gives me the shites... if only he could putt, he could be anything !

He has gone to crosshanded and back to normal again. He will get there... he aint that old yet.

Tiger's putting looked pretty damn fine.

Sydney Hacker
27th August 2010, 12:38 PM
He has gone to crosshanded and back to normal again. He will get there... he aint that old yet.

Tiger's putting looked pretty damn fine.

He switched back and then cut 4" off his putter didn't he ? Smells like someone prepared to try anything doesn't it ?

Veefore
27th August 2010, 05:59 PM
If Scott can't make them now he is never going to. Time only gives players a chance to learn how to miss putts. Rarely does a reasonable putter (I wouldn't call Scott bad) get better with time.

ddasey
28th August 2010, 06:55 AM
Well back to reality for Tiger with a 2 over.

Good to see 3 Aussies in the Top 10 (Senden T1 / Day T4 / Scott T7)

Daves
28th August 2010, 08:09 AM
Well back to reality for Tiger with a 2 over.

Good to see 3 Aussies in the Top 10 (Senden T1 / Day T4 / Scott T7)

Day now leading on his lonesome!

chappy1970
28th August 2010, 09:03 AM
Got him in my Fantasy team too....c'mon Jason

sol381
28th August 2010, 09:06 AM
Tigers accuracy was 93% again today ranked #1 so he is definitely driving well even if hes using 3 wood more.. made 6 more putts today which was the difference. hope the keperra boy senden can get it together on the weekend. hes hitting ball well just needs to make a few more putts.

Bushka
28th August 2010, 09:17 AM
Did anyone see that ridiculous shot on the first day by Fat Phil?

Standing deep in a bunker 200 mtrs out with the ball at knee height outside the bunker and he just slots it dead straight to stop nearly dead 10 feet from the pin then drains the putt.

razaar
28th August 2010, 10:11 AM
Interesting listening to Faldo on Mickelson. Commenting on Mickelson driving it into the left rough more than any other player on tour. He said Mickelson doesn't complete his follow through by turning to face the target. He has been doing this for quite a few years now. Maybe he should have his hips more open at address with his shoulders square. Martinez could sort him out in 15 minutes.

Daves
28th August 2010, 10:47 AM
Interesting listening to Faldo on Mickelson. Commenting on Mickelson driving it into the left rough more than any other player on tour. He said Mickelson doesn't complete his follow through by turning to face the target. He has been doing this for quite a few years now. Maybe he should have his hips more open at address with his shoulders square. Martinez could sort him out in 15 minutes.

I heard Faldo say that and he may well be right about the follow through, but he is a lefty for ffs, of course he is going to lose it left more compared to righties losing it right. Seems to me he plucked that stat of his arse to make his point.

Lucasto23
28th August 2010, 06:24 PM
I have a feeling this is Aussie week.
I've just put a couple of dollars on two blokes loitering off the pace...Sim and Allenby...both very juicy odds.
Sim is very close to a win I reckon.

Last time i heard you back someone they choked hard on the last day from memory :)

Veefore
28th August 2010, 06:47 PM
I reckon Day haas got to be close to a breakthrough win. This week may be his week.

Mickelson is my favourite player to watch. He plays shots that even Tiger wouldn't try to pull off. Sometimes he even he's away with them too.:)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

simmsy
28th August 2010, 09:33 PM
your not counting his breakthrough win earlier this season as a breakthrough win? I though it was ok!

the poor bugga seems to be pretty crook atm as well, the doctors can't tell him what the matter is. CFS perhaps?? hope not!

TheNuclearOne
28th August 2010, 10:18 PM
your not counting his breakthrough win earlier this season as a breakthrough win? I though it was ok!
!

Indeed, already been there done that.

Veefore
28th August 2010, 10:37 PM
I couldn't remember if he'd had a win yet or not but I was thinking more about this being more than just a regular Tour event.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

kpac
29th August 2010, 08:18 AM
Still 3 aussies in the mix here, dj can seriously score when he's hitting them well though!

dave1
3rd September 2010, 04:14 PM
I an now comment on these threads as I now have foxtel (HD btw and yes Im happy 8):D)

Jason Day should have won this tournament...he was 8 under at the half way point...finished 9 under.....

Martin laird has a seriously nice swing and attitude...well done the Matt Koocher (sorry bad spell)..the shot he hit at 18 to win was one of the best i have seen....great stuff and deserved hs win after some great efforts this year

the course.....hmm average....allot of very samey holes.....which suited the long hitters.....

Tiger...just needs to smile some...life aint that bad mate...loosen up some and he'll get the swagger back