PDA

View Full Version : TaylorMade Penta

CanuckDownUnder
27th August 2010, 08:35 AM
any thoughts on there 5 layers tech?

I used them for a while and found that they worked well with everything, but the driver.
Putting feel was better than Titleist, Iron play seems to fly and stick on the greens. Not crazy a spin back like Prov1's.

The main concern is that I lost distance of 10+ meters in comparison to the ProV1 and X.

3oneday
27th August 2010, 08:39 AM
I found it longer off everything including driver but stopped using them as they were hard to come across.

Maybe you need a new driver.

;)

Courty
27th August 2010, 08:42 AM
I found them to perform very well with all clubs.

macjackass
27th August 2010, 08:43 AM
Compared to the pro v I found these were harder, spun less and shorter in every club. The opposite of what I want.

matty
27th August 2010, 08:49 AM
I found them to perform very well with all clubs.

+1

CanuckDownUnder
27th August 2010, 12:18 PM
I was using the G15 they were ok in distance, but I found that the V1's went way farther. spin was about the same. and putter feel was better.

Now switched back to 905R and I'll see how they go

David Williams
12th October 2010, 07:07 PM
I have been using a Titleist ProV1 but tried out the TM Penta today.

I will have to see how it goes after a few more rounds but I was hitting it super long today with it compared to the ProV1. With my Driver and irons...

Huge thumbs up if today is any sign.

gazgolf1
12th October 2010, 07:14 PM
I found the Penta longer off the driver first time I played it, spin and feel is good. Not as durable as the Z-Star which was short for me.

TheTrueReview
12th October 2010, 07:21 PM
How do find the sound/feel off the putter? It feels/sounds quite dead to me. Nothing like the Nike One Tour off the putter.

David Williams
12th October 2010, 09:24 PM
No issues with the feel off the putter. Durability wasn't an issue... only 2 little scuffs from my wedges but nothing I would ever get a new ball out for.