PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a game at Cypress Lakes? May 29th?

Speirsy11
8th May 2005, 06:38 PM
Ok, after the success of the Vintage outing I'd like to try and get a game for another 2 groups of fundraisers :lol: at Cypress. Can we get 8 again? And does Sunday May 29th work for everyone? Thats 3 weeks from today and should be enough time. I'll call for times and prices and let everyone know in the next few days.......I'll try and get similar times (10 AMish) as last time.........

Who's interested?

1. Speirsy

This would be a great spot for some matches to get played too......LOTS of birdies out there.......

Speirsy

jimandr
8th May 2005, 07:17 PM
I was going to host Trung and Virgal Tracy in their Matchplay Quarterfinal at Camden Valley that day. As I cannot even book a tee time for another week, if they want to travel to Cypress instead, I'll be in it as well.

I'll use the famous pencil :)

1. Speirsy
2. Jimandr (pencil)

Now if Customclubmaker was available, we could play our Match that day as well :idea: instead of at Long Reef the next weekend.

Jono
8th May 2005, 07:51 PM
There's even chance that I'm going to be in Brisbane that weekend ... which is why I have put my name down (in pencil) for the Bribie Island game. If I am not going to Brisbane, I would be keen for the Cypress Lakes game. Is it within Ozgolf rules to put your name down (in pencil, of course) for two events on the same day (albeit 1000 km from each other)? :shock:

1. Speirsy
2. Jimandr (pencil)
3. Jono (light pencil)

I'll ask Gary whether he can make it to this one.

Speirsy11
8th May 2005, 08:13 PM
ALD, can you make this one?

We could get our match done too..........

Speirsy

Trung
8th May 2005, 11:49 PM
Vince,

where would you like it?

Camden Valley or Cypress Lakes?

Virgal_Tracy
9th May 2005, 07:56 AM
I'm keen for Cypress. As jim said to me its easy to get on at Camden Valley but these opportunities don't come along that often. Pencil me in until I get a chance to talk to Minister of war and finance.

1. Speirsy
2. Jimandr (pencil)
3. Jono (light pencil)
4. Vince (pencil but should be fine)

Lets do it Trung even though you seem to be finding some form.

Virgal_Tracy
9th May 2005, 08:17 AM
Speirsy, any ideas on cost. I understand that you got great rates at the Vintage. I looked at their website and saw $98 for a wekend round. If you can't do any better I have the Virgin C.C. that will get us on for $79 will just need to know.

Vince

Speirsy11
9th May 2005, 09:16 AM
I'd hate to speculate, but the Vintage basically let us on for half price....I'll see if I can wrangle the same kind of deal from these guys......We might try and run it in conjunction with a qualifier for the team at Uni and have 4 groups......So we'll see......

Give me 48 hours and I'll have an answer, but I would hope it would be under $79......

Speirsy

Fishman Dan
9th May 2005, 09:34 AM
This sounds great, but i don't think i can make it.

However i'd prefer to play The Vintage again over Cypress. I think CL is a great course, but a little too 'Mickey mouse' in that it's Woodlands front 9, Links-style back 9.

I enjoyed The Vintage much more, and i think you're a better chance getting onto The Vintage cheaper - Maq Uni or not ;)

Speirsy11
9th May 2005, 09:49 AM
This sounds great, but i don't think i can make it.

However i'd prefer to play The Vintage again over Cypress. I think CL is a great course, but a little too 'Mickey mouse' in that it's Woodlands front 9, Links-style back 9.

I enjoyed The Vintage much more, and i think you're a better chance getting onto The Vintage cheaper - Maq Uni or not ;)

I'm happy to go again at the Vintage if Cypress isn't up for a deal, but thought we'd give them a try either way.........

Speirsy

jimandr
10th May 2005, 08:13 PM
Can I re-express my desire to play at Cypress Lakes.

While I enjoyed The Vintage, it's the type of place I'd like to play once a year, not two months in a row.

I've never played Cypress, so I'm prepared to endure the very early start and long drive there and back.

Trung
10th May 2005, 08:16 PM
I'm keen for Cypress. As jim said to me its easy to get on at Camden Valley but these opportunities don't come along that often. Pencil me in until I get a chance to talk to Minister of war and finance.

1. Speirsy
2. Jimandr (pencil)
3. Jono (light pencil)
4. Vince (pencil but should be fine)

Lets do it Trung even though you seem to be finding some form.

ok then Vince.. :wink:

5. Trung

Grunt
12th May 2005, 03:02 PM
No can do . Working :cry:

Speirsy11
16th May 2005, 09:50 AM
We've run into some problems here.......CL doesn't have spots for us that day and isn't keen on hooking us up either.....I've got a name of a guy in the promotions dept, so I'm going to try again, but as of right now, May 29th is out I'm afraid....sorry guys.....I'll keep trying to find something cool like this though.....I'll post as soon as I find something.....

Speirsy

Trung
16th May 2005, 10:55 AM
Don't worry too much Speirsy11,

I will leave it for the boys to find another venue closer around Sydney. :D

Virgal_Tracy
16th May 2005, 11:24 AM
Time to throw out some suggestions then. How about Riverside Oaks? My swans membership will get us 4 for the price of 3 if that helps. Otherwise what about something south like Woolaware?

Trung
16th May 2005, 01:55 PM
Riverside Oaks?

I happy with "RO". Haven't been there for 3-4 years. Would be good to test the course out with my new hcp. 8)

Virgal_Tracy
16th May 2005, 02:00 PM
Spiersy, Jono, Jim, how do you guys feel about Riverside Oaks instead. We might be able to entice Burger if we head out his way. Anyone else who didn't want to travel to the Hunter interested in something a little closer?

1. Trung
2. Virgal
3. Spiersy11 (?)
4. jimandr (?)
5. Jono (?)

jimandr
16th May 2005, 08:25 PM
I notice some comp results from Riverside oaks in todays paper. Is it likely to be an Open Comp?

I'll play (and give Vince a lift if he wants :idea: )

1. Trung
2. Virgal
3. Spiersy11 (?)
4. jimandr (in)
5. Jono (?)

Jono,

Any chance of Gary being available as well?

Jono
17th May 2005, 04:13 AM
Is it possible to get an early tee time? Say before 8:30am ... That will leave us the arvo to do other stuff.

I'll check with Gary whether he can play.

Vince, does your membership only apply for 4 people? If we have 8, can we use it twice? The green fee at Riverside Oaks is around $80 from memory ... so with the discount it should be around $60?

Virgal_Tracy
17th May 2005, 07:36 AM
Don't know about the membership thing. Will find out. I might be able to borrow a membership card and con our way in. I will check on tee times. I'll keep everyone posted.

Jono
17th May 2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks for organizing this, Vince.  Perhaps we should start a new thread?  Or perhaps Speirsy can change the title of this thread to "Riverside Oaks".

If others don't mind, could we aim for an early tee time (before 8:30)?

Virgal_Tracy
17th May 2005, 10:23 AM
I guess it will depend on how early Jim can get out of bed, but I'll try.

Aussielongdriver
17th May 2005, 10:32 AM
1. Trung
2. Virgal
3. Spiersy11 (?)
4. jimandr (in)
5. Jono (?)
6. Aussielongdriver

Maybe play our matchplay game here Spiersy.

Stephen

Virgal_Tracy
17th May 2005, 11:12 AM
I will start a new Riverside Oaks thread and give out all of the details on there.