PDA

View Full Version : Weekday membership?

Ferrins
24th August 2010, 02:11 PM
I've always thought this type of membership to be pretty lame. However it makes a bit of sense for me at the moment.

sms316
24th August 2010, 02:17 PM
A lot of clubs are removing the category and rightly so. Most 5 day members are retirees who play more golf than most 7 day members.

Ferrins
24th August 2010, 02:29 PM
A lot of clubs are removing the category and rightly so. Most 5 day members are retirees who play more golf than most 7 day members.
The Nudgee old blokes could host a cabaret to raise the extra coin. The club captain would be a definite starter.

Daves
25th August 2010, 07:46 PM

And the problem with that is?.......:roll: I changed to a 7 day membership last year so I could play more Saturdays, Club Champs etc but I have only managed a couple of Saturday rounds so far this year, and I am not playing the champs because I will be away for the final round! I think it costs me an extra $180 for the 7 day over 6 day membership.

matty
25th August 2010, 07:50 PM
I think it's worth the extra couple of hundred to play whenever it suits.

PerryGroves
25th August 2010, 08:36 PM
Can I get the 4-5 hr Saturday morning membership because that's all I play. Saturday is not even the biggest day at my club, its Wednesday which suits all the 5 day boys. I don't know where golf membership is going but I am keen on, "want to be a member (male or female), here is the cost". Reasonably sure we have over 30 categories these days.

Jarro
26th August 2010, 05:02 AM
I might have to consider this option soon.

Work is looking at changing our rosters so that we only get one weekend off every 9 weeks :(

sms316
26th August 2010, 08:25 AM
And the problem with that is?.......:roll:
Because the working membership are subsidising cheap golf for those who use the facility the most. I don't mind it so much if the 5 day member has been there long enough though.

Daves
26th August 2010, 08:29 AM
Because the working membership are subsidising cheap golf for those who use the facility the most. I don't mind it so much if the 5 day member has been there long enough though.

Most courses are under utilised Mon to Fri, doesn't 5 day membership encourage more use during these slower periods and free up spots for those that pay extra to play Sat and Sun? I would have thought good for finances and comp management.

BrisVegas
26th August 2010, 08:31 AM

Yeah, I feel the same way. It's frustrating to pay full whack for membership, but only have the opportunity to play on weekends due to work commitments. The vast majority of the rounds at my club are mid week. From memory, 5 day membership is about 25% cheaper than 7-day. Ideally, I need a cushy public service job where I can work a 4-day week.... :roll:

PerryGroves
26th August 2010, 08:46 AM
Most courses are under utilised Mon to Fri, doesn't 5 day membership encourage more use during these slower periods and free up spots for those that pay extra to play Sat and Sun? I would have thought good for finances and comp management.

Not mine, our biggest days are Wednesday and Friday. Like SMS I can cope with the 5 day thing but you need tenure, think we had an 80 rule, you got a discount if your age + years of membership were more than 80. Fair cop, you've done your bit.

Iain
26th August 2010, 05:00 PM
I might have to consider this option soon.

Work is looking at changing our rosters so that we only get one weekend off every 9 weeks :(

**** that.... :x