PDA

View Full Version : Anger: To repair irons or don't worry about it.

hyrola
20th August 2010, 01:58 PM
I'm not really having a good run at the moment with things.

I got home late last night and unloaded by clubs from the car, stood them up secure on the road. Went to get shoes out of the car and i turn around and here a thud.

My clubs fell over on the road. I was sure it was secure when i placed it on the ground.

So anyways, got inside, inspected clubs.

Every single iron has a small but deepish scratch/gouge on the corner/edge. The face of clubs are ok.

Driver, 3 wood, hybrid and putter ok as had covers on them.

I'm pretty sure this wont affect play right? It's just the fact that it's happened and could have been avoided.

Should i just forget about it, play on etc. or see if i can get all of them repaired? 4iron to lob wedge :(

If it was just a scratch i wouldn't even flinch but its like gutter rash on a car rim, albeit small but noticeable.

Anyone else had that happen to them, maybe a similar story will make me feel better :)

macjackass
20th August 2010, 02:06 PM
Had my clubs fall off the back of a cart at twin creeks once. A freind didn't do up the strap tight enough. My own fault, should have checked. Very annoying.

dan
20th August 2010, 03:39 PM
Scratches and dents add character. Like red ball marks on a well used cricket bat.

markTHEblake
20th August 2010, 08:39 PM
look at the bright side, when you go to hit off the rocks now, you wont care.

Daves
20th August 2010, 09:53 PM
If you had iron covers on them, you wouldn't have this problem!

Johnny Canuck
20th August 2010, 09:53 PM
take pride in knowing that you are a real man and don't use iron covers.

Yossarian
20th August 2010, 10:08 PM
Nice avatar!

razaar
21st August 2010, 06:41 AM
Their sole purpose is to be slammed into the ground. The harder and faster the better. You just went about it another way.

Johnny Canuck
21st August 2010, 12:04 PM
Nice avatar!

Just for you.

///M Power
21st August 2010, 12:44 PM
Real men hit off any surface. Just ask my 2 month old 6 iron.

hyrola
23rd August 2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the words guys, yeah im over it now. Played a round at Muirfield on Sunday, and i had more fun than usual. Just played hard and didn't care about them. Had a few shots off bad lies, woodchips/small rocks etc. Just went for it and hit hard :)

I've learnt my lesson, to be more careful. It won't happen again.

Yossarian
23rd August 2010, 02:18 PM
Real men hit off any surface. Just ask my 2 month old 6 iron.

Just ask tiger hamilton. And the massive gouge in his new vokey!

TourFit
23rd August 2010, 02:34 PM
Just ask tiger hamilton. And the massive gouge in his new vokey!

That's what happens when you use it like an axe...