PDA

View Full Version : Macarthur Grange 14th May

Grunt
5th May 2005, 06:06 AM
Hi all

Who is in for a game at Macarthur Grange on the 14th May? I should be able to get as many spots as reqd teeing off around 8am.

Cost $39 cart included

Event is 2b Par & Individual Par event - White plates

1st prize - teams; $30 voucher each player
- Individual; $50 Voucher (will confirm this)

Ball run down to about =4th - single ball

2 NTP prizes & 1 Longest drive - 2 Balls each prize

If I know numbers by this saturday I will book the slots then, the later it is left the less chance of 2 or more slots together.

1. Grunt
2. Glenn (grant's mate)
3. Jono
4. ALD
5. Fishie?

Jono
5th May 2005, 06:17 AM
I'm keen to have another crack at your home course. Get Trung so we can get free carts again ... 8)

1. Grunt
2. Jono
3. ALD
4. Fishie?

Grunt
5th May 2005, 06:24 AM
Sorry Jono

That is just not going to happen. By the way I will have a mate with me too.

Grunt
5th May 2005, 06:34 AM
See 1st post edited details

Jono - off the white plates will be a different course to that we played in the Precept on good Friday. Precept Challenge the course is supposed to be set up in it's most difficult config.

3oneday
5th May 2005, 06:56 AM
Grunt,

How long do you reckon it would take from Blacktown ?? I think I gotta be home by 1pm that day....

Pete

Trung
5th May 2005, 07:13 AM
sorry boys... I'm away this coming weekend (played at N.B last weekend). I haven't play my home course for a few weeks.

Back to the old fav. Carnarvon with a few mates from the club. 8)

Grunt
5th May 2005, 08:17 AM
Probably about 30-40 min Pete.

is about 30 min from Eastern Creek I think, straight down Cowpasture Road, then Camden Valley way, Left at Raby Road past Camden Lakeside & you can't miss it

Aussielongdriver
5th May 2005, 08:55 AM
Hope you can make it Fishy as I would like to addvance by winning not by default.

Stephen

Virgal_Tracy
5th May 2005, 10:09 AM
I'm a question mark until minister of war and finance tells me when we are off to see the outlaws

1. Grunt
2. Glenn (grant's mate)
3. Jono
4. ALD
5. Fishie?
6. Virgal (pencil)

Virgal_Tracy
6th May 2005, 08:07 AM
I'm now solid for the game. Everything confirmed and looking forward to it especially since I don't have to do any walking.

Grunt
6th May 2005, 06:41 PM
2 tee times booked

7:40 & 7:48

Will need names, clubs & Handicaps early next week.

Jono
6th May 2005, 08:49 PM
After pushing for a Saturday game, it looks like Fishie is going to forfeit ... :wink:

I hope this Ozgolf day still goes ahead despite Fishie's absence ... ALD, here's a chance for you to get some albatrosses on the short par 5's ... :shock: :lol:

jimandr
7th May 2005, 03:32 PM
I can play, and I think I will, just to watch Grunt's latest cart adventure.

1. Grunt
2. Glenn (grant's mate)
3. Jono
4. ALD
5. Fishie?
6. Virgal (now confirmed?)
7. Jimandr

Will PM details to Grunt after I play on Sunday.

Trung
7th May 2005, 03:54 PM
After pushing for a Saturday game, it looks like Fishie is going to forfeit ...  :wink:

I hope this Ozgolf day still goes ahead despite Fishie's absence ... ALD, here's a chance for you to get some albatrosses on the short par 5's ...  :shock:   :lol:

Jono,

http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2055

Aussielongdriver
10th May 2005, 06:06 AM
Grunt,
Here is my club and H'cap

Liverpool and H'cap is 5.

Stephen

Grunt
10th May 2005, 07:43 AM
Hi all

We still have a few spots, if anyone wants to join in. 2 possibly 3 at the moment.

1. Grunt
2. Glenn (grant's mate)
3. Jono
4. ALD
5. Virgal
6. Jimandr

After playing last saturday, I must say the greens have come back well from the coring about 4 weeks ago and should be in pretty good condition this weekend.

Grunt
11th May 2005, 03:55 PM
2 more ozgolfers needed or we will either play with 2 groups of 3 with swingers for the team events or one group of 2 will play with another 2 Mac grange members.

Will be easier to have 4 teams for the day.

Also do any of you have preferences of who you are paired with, or can I just pick it.

I am going to play with my mate Glenn as were runners up last time we played in a 2B event.

If I don't hear from anyone by Friday morning, I will do a draw out of a hat, if that is ok.

Aussielongdriver
12th May 2005, 12:13 PM
anyone up for a practice match play game

Jono
12th May 2005, 12:20 PM
anyone up for a practice match play game

I'm up for it ... 8) No long drive holes ... :) Unless it's your 5 iron vs my driver ... :wink:

jimandr
12th May 2005, 08:12 PM
I was prepared to give Jono a challenge after I saw the CCR for Bayview (and Jono's name in the paper :) ). No more start for you :!:

But ALD got in first :wink:

It looks like we won't get any more players at this late stage. If we can play in three's I think we should, but if there are locals itching for a game I'd suggest Grunt and his mate play with the locals, and the visitors play in a four.

I should get there about 7.20

Grunt
13th May 2005, 05:35 PM
OK All

Here is the draw, I know jono & ALD wanted to play together but after having to form 2 groups of 3 the following came out

7:40
1. Jono
2. Virgal
3. Jimandr

7:48
1. Grant
2. Glenn
3. ALD

Seeing as ALD & Jimandr are both off 5 it worked out that they would be both swingers in the comp. Hope it has not upset anyone, but due to lack of numbers it had to happen.

To all involved, I hope you all have a great day.

Jono
13th May 2005, 05:55 PM
OK All

Here is the draw, I know jono & ALD wanted to play together but after having to form 2 groups of 3 the following came out

1. Jono
2. Virgal
3. Jimandr

1. Grant
2. Glenn
3. ALD

Seeing as ALD & Jimandr are both off 5 it worked out that they would be both swingers in the comp. Hope it has not upset anyone, but due to lack of numbers it had to happen.

No worries, Grant. It looks like it may be wet tomorrow ... hopefully not TOO wet. :lol:

Jim, you still keen for practise matchplay? :wink:

jimandr
13th May 2005, 06:59 PM
OK All

1. Jono
2. Virgal
3. Jimandr

1. Grant
2. Glenn
3. ALD

No worries, Grant.  It looks like it may be wet tomorrow ... hopefully not TOO wet.  :lol:

Jim, you still keen for practise matchplay?  :wink:

Will I get any practice :?: Even though you have somehow conned the handicapper into keeping you on 8, I reckon you may have peaked too soon. Does a lunchtime bowl of potato wedges sound like a fair wager :?:

Grunt
14th May 2005, 01:54 PM
Well I think a good morning was had by all.

We teed off in 2 groups of 3 as per the list.

Results

1st Grunt +2
2nd ALD -1
3rd Jimandr -1
4th Virgal -2
5th Jono -5

Don't be surprised that I won, I am :lol: My mate Glenn showed us all how to play with +5.

ALD monstered the ball all day, on the 9th his driver decided to shed the weights off the bottom of the club. Also he was hitting utility club further than I could hit driver.

Thanks guys for a great day.

Anytime you want to do it again don't hesitate to ask.

jimandr
14th May 2005, 04:13 PM
Grunt's economical review doesn't tell the full story of the day, but he did promise to leave us some room to flesh out the details.

A few will be interested in the Jono v Jimandr matchplay challenge. I could say quite a lot about how much fun it is to beat Jono, but it seems half the NSW players already know this :P .

3&2 in my favour, after a poor start by both of us, then I came good to open up a 4 hole lead by the ninth. From there we played close golf, but the gap was too big for me to throw away the game :) . The bowl of potato wedges was very nice :lol:

If there was a turning point it was the 8th, the only hole I gave him a stroke on. He had a difficult chip, which he played very well to about 4 feet. I had a reasonably easy bunker shot, which I played well to 3 feet. Jono drilled his four footer so far past it was still his putt, which he missed. I holed mine to win a hole I could have lost.

Other major highlight (for us, not for Jono) was on the 7th. He made sure we were aware he had changed his ball 'for luck', which was a mystery as he was on a two hole par streak. His luck was so good he hit his drive about 60m, only just past the ladies tee, hacked his second, took two more to get to the green, then duffed two chips. I will never change my ball 'for luck' after seeing this, and I don't think Jono will either :twisted:

Apart from that adventure Jono was short of his best form, although he hit a few great shots, including a shot to 130cm on the nearest the pin hole. Controversially, an idiot before us had put 1100mm on the NTP sheet, so we didn't know whether he'd mixed up his millimetres and centimetres or not.

VirgalTracy played OK, and might have had a good round apart from big putting problems early, then some lost golf balls in places where we should have found them.

Thanks for the game guys :)

Jono
14th May 2005, 05:27 PM
Jim, thanks for reliving those magic moments ...  :roll:   :lol:

Grant, thanks for inviting us to your home course ... I proved today that my 41 points there last time was a fluke ...  :?   :lol:

The rain stayed away today and so did my game.  I couldn't miss a fairway on Wednesday ... today, I had trouble just finding the clubface.  That tee shot on the 7th was nearly an air-swing ... Indeed, with one of the older persimmon drivers, I would have hit nothing but air ...   :oops:  My French was getting a workout today ... The "f" word was a given, but I was spitting out some stuff that hadn't been in my vocabulary since my highschool days ...  :wink:  

After numerous missed short putts, topped shots, duffed shots, blocks out right and a few pulls left, I had a 6 foot birdie putt on the last to salvage some pride.  Hit the putt pretty well, slight right to left, uphill ... hit it a bit too firm and lipped out on the high side.  :roll:   Then a word of wisdom from the long drive guy ... "Shit happens" ... I couldn't agree more.  I stunk so much today I thought I had prescribed myself laxatives ...  :?

A few will be interested in the Jono v Jimandr matchplay challenge.  I could say quite a lot about how much fun it is to beat Jono, but it seems half the NSW players already know this :P .

Wish I had a comeback, but I got nuthin ...  I am the official Ozgolf matchplay punching bag ... If any of you are feeling bad about your golf game, just challenge me to a matchplay.  Sure to get you feeling good again ... Hey, what are doctors for?  :wink:

Played with Vince for the first time.  Although he didn't score that well, I was impressed with his game.  He drove the green on the par 4 16th and proceeded to show that he doesn't waste any unnecessary energy by three putting for a 4 a plus.  His drive on the last deserves a mention too.  Long and straight ... almost too long, coming to reset a couple of meters in front of the dam on the right.

Anyway, thanks again for a great day.  While my golf sucked, I enjoyed the company and it was heaps of fun ... ( I've got this last paragraph saved on my hard drive so I can use it after each Ozgolf day ...   :wink:   :lol:  )

Grunt
14th May 2005, 07:08 PM
Well All

My post was short,I agree, but as I had just came home I was still on the high of winning and didn't want to write anything too out there about my first win in Ozgolf history.

Now for a more metered report of the day.

It all started chaotic for myself as the club had left me with 2 tee slots to do as I wish. I thought I had sorted out the groups on friday night but this had not happened, the guys can vouch that no body had any idea early on.

We got to the 1st tee,and Jimandr, Jono & Virgal teed off, all away ok except Virgal scared the bejesus out of a few on the practice tee (and in the club) with his shot going over the top of them.

Unbeknown to Virgal a golfer was hit 2 weeks ago by an errant tee shot that hit the club then a guy on the practice tee. He was taken away in an ambo.

So then it was Glenn , ALD & myselves turn to tee off. nothing unusual 2 good tee shots and a massive hit from Steve.

We proceeded to play a great game of golf, Steve showing us that there really should be some sort of RSPCA type structure for golf balls.

Steve, on the 4th, was up on the tee with driver. he says to us "don't worry I wont get there into the wind" and hits as Jim, Jono & Vince are putting. He smokes his drive to the front of the green 250+m away, sort of told us that this guy can hit a ball.

2 Holes later; a short par four with the tees up the front (227m) enticing to drive at the green, I hit 5 Wood and end up just short rolling back down the hill. Steve hits, 6 Iron to the same spot.

Your ego gets a hit when you see your mate hit 6 Iron to the same spot you hit 5 Wood to. :?

The day went on pretty similar to that with myself playing some great shots followed by those that a 24 marker should play.

Had a Great Day :lol: It was the first time I had ever played a par event and finished in the positive side. So I am happy just for that fact,but to have played it with such good golf companions made it better, thank you.

Virgal_Tracy
16th May 2005, 07:58 AM
Firstly I agree with the posts above about what a great day was had by all. Great company and a bit of fun.

GRant was right about my first shot of the day although it was the practice green where if anyone was standing would've had their head dimpled. this allowed me some good natured banter with jono on the 7th as I had been there done that.

The secong green was cruel to both Jim and Stephen. Par 3 and jim lands about 15ft short of the flag and about 2 feet left. So much slope that it rolls off the green into a bunker that must have been 12ft below level of the green.

we allow the group behind to play up and Stephen hits to the right of the green and his ball feeds back on, almost stops then picks up speed and rolls into same bunker.

Jono must really stop telling people he is going to change to his lucky ball as he took his "lucky" ball out on the 9th, proceeded to hit the Power line pylon and lose his ball.

My putting was ordinary except for the birdie putt on 14and losing a ball on both the 9th & 10th when it should have been in plain sight threw me for a couple of holes that ruined my score.

Had a great day and would go back. A bit more knowledge now would certainly help my score. Great playing partners and thanks to Grant for organising.

Grunt
16th May 2005, 05:27 PM
Ok Guys

Just got the final results for the comp from the Mac grange web site.

Jono, you got the nearest to pin on 13: 2 balls coming your way

Steve somehow you were knocked off in the long drive, don't know how :?

Steve, you and I got a ball each for =3rd in the 4ball.

Thanks everyone for coming, hopefully next time we will get more and a have a great day. Not that Saturday was not great.