PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Made v's Nike

BroKar
15th August 2010, 08:11 PM
I currently have a set of Nike Slingshot HL which have been pretty good, in my set up my driver and 3 wood are Taylor made which I find great.

My question is would you keep the slingshots or give the Taylor Made burner irons a crack??

Ned
15th August 2010, 08:14 PM
Have both!

timah!
15th August 2010, 08:26 PM
Have whatever works best for you.

I currently have Titleist Metals, Srixon Irons, a Cleveland SW and a TM putter.

AlexMc
15th August 2010, 08:37 PM
Have both!
I would have thought this was a bog standard answer for this forum.

Get the TM's, keep the Slingshots and scour the forum for a "backup set".

BroKar
15th August 2010, 08:48 PM
Haha ok better question, anyone got burner irons?? If so thoughts??

For background back playing fir 2 months from a 9 year break, currently off 21 used to be 12

Golfnut
15th August 2010, 09:20 PM
Which Burner irons are you referring too BroKar........there's been so many models over the past decade. :roll:

I play the Tour Burners which are probably the least forgiving of all the Burner models from the last few years but I'm trying to improve my ball striking and I really like the look of the top line at address....ie. they're not too GI looking but having said that I think they're reasonably forgiving.

markTHEblake
15th August 2010, 09:21 PM
I currently have a set of Nike Slingshot HL which have been pretty good

So why are you thinking about changing clubs?

BroKar
15th August 2010, 09:27 PM
Been pretty good, put your shafts in and they are better but I'm not 100% convinced where as my drives are great, wedges are great, using a Lind set and my putter feels great, weakness feels like the irons to me.

Considering the taylormade ones that RockBottom have or the 2009 burner

timah!
15th August 2010, 09:28 PM
So why are you thinking about changing clubs?
:smt038

kwikee
15th August 2010, 09:44 PM
I'm playing the 09 Burners at the moment, and so far for me they've been great. Can't compare to much else given my last clubs were Wilson Ultra 45's from the early 90's... The Burners are far more forgiving on off centre hits,and are certainly long when you get onto them. The description I'd use is where a mis-hit might cost 25% of the shot with the old clubs, with the Burners it might only cost you 10%. Sorry I can't offer more.

razaar
16th August 2010, 07:11 AM
Burners are a class below the Cally X22 Tours IMO. As Pete would say - TM crap.;)

goonie
17th August 2010, 09:04 AM
Burners are a class below the Cally X22 Tours IMO. As Pete would say - TM crap.;)

Callaway shovels aren't a class above anything :-)

jaybam
17th August 2010, 01:18 PM
Callaways are heaps better than Taylor made. Have had both and Taylor made irons don't even come close to the callaways irons.

3oneday
17th August 2010, 01:34 PM
Probably depends on what shaft you want in them and how much offset you want. I've heard there are some X20 Tour heads around somewhere though !

goonie
17th August 2010, 11:12 PM
Callaways are heaps better than Taylor made. Have had both and Taylor made irons don't even come close to the callaways irons.

Nah Callaway Shovels are just for Choppers and gay faders :-)

jaybam
18th August 2010, 06:25 AM
Maybe you should try them then?? Might help lol ;)

Ned
18th August 2010, 06:36 AM

What about a set of Toppies ?

jaybam
18th August 2010, 07:07 AM
Had a set of toppies back in the day as well. Lol

3oneday
18th August 2010, 07:48 AM
What about a set of Toppies ?
now there's a man with his head screwed on ;)

goonie
18th August 2010, 09:45 AM
Maybe you should try them then?? Might help lol ;)

My bad shot is a hook not a gay fade so Cally shovels won't help me, they will only make it worse, lol.

I really just can't get past the chunky offset look of the cally shovels (X20 tours included) but some of there recent players clubs look pretty good thou, I even had a set of X22 tours for a short stint, and love the look of the 09 X Forged but they don't look forgiving enough for a once a week hack like me.

macjackass
18th August 2010, 09:55 AM
My bad shot is a hook not a gay fade so Cally shovels won't help me, they will only make it worse, lol.

I really just can't get past the chunky offset look of the cally shovels (X20 tours included) but some of there recent players clubs look pretty good thou, I even had a set of X22 tours for a short stint, and love the look of the 09 X Forged but they don't look forgiving enough for a once a week hack like me.

When you're ready to make the leap to the x forged let me know, I'm sure we could organise something with your r9's :)