PDA

View Full Version : So I started playing with 20 year old irons today

Bushka
11th August 2010, 09:11 PM
Stole my old mans Ping Eye 2 Blue Dots (the beryllium model) and started hitting them.

They are staying in the bag especially the 8/9/PW wtf is the deal with these clubs why do they feel so good?

Just looked heavy and solid and alignment seemed easier with the wierd way the head sets up kind of off set.

Of course it could just be the honeymoon thing that always seems to happen with older clubs but these things hit the spot. Just wondering if anyone else still plays these regularly?

Ferrins
11th August 2010, 09:21 PM
There crap clubs and they'll stuff up your swing and cause you to be stressed which will lead to erectile dysfunction.
I'll do you a favor and take them off your hands for 100 bucks and save you this potential trauma.

Bushka
11th August 2010, 09:24 PM
too good :)

Have hardened my swing right up already.

markTHEblake
11th August 2010, 09:25 PM
They are staying in the bag especially the 8/9/PW wtf is the deal with these clubs why do they feel so good?

cos they are not that different from clubs you would buy today. Alll they can do these days is improve aesthetics

Yossarian
11th August 2010, 09:54 PM
Hackers clubs.

LarryLong
11th August 2010, 10:00 PM
Kickin' it old skool. Nice one Bushka! :)

I wonder if the heavier heads somehow iron out the inconsistencies in your swing? Maybe it could be something as simple as that?

razaar
12th August 2010, 02:58 AM
Stay with them Bush, especially if the lie is right for you. BeCu irons and putters have a special sound at impact that can be addictive.

Webster
12th August 2010, 05:27 AM
are they the "+" model?

davepuppies
12th August 2010, 06:33 AM
i have put a set of original DCIs in my bag from early 90s and i love them....... much more forgiving than my modern titleist irons!

Bushka
12th August 2010, 07:18 AM
Yes they are the plus model. Funny you should mention the sound. It's something I noticed right away. As for the swing I think maybe I was going easier. Be interesting to see if my distances are altered much

Veefore
12th August 2010, 09:12 AM
The club champion at my club still uses them.