PDA

View Full Version : Can Lefty back up his Masters win?

Jarro
30th April 2004, 04:56 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to see him have a strong showing this weekend at the HP classic in New Orleans 8)

wonder if now he's won his first major, the floodgates will open on his talent pool ... and we'll see the real Phil step up to the plate each week :roll:

Go Lefty :!: :D

Golfgirl
30th April 2004, 10:29 AM
Once again, I got up late, turned on the TV and saw artistic pictures of a wet gof course. Another rain delay?? What is going on over there - I don't think I've seen live golf for nearly two week?? :?

Jarro
30th April 2004, 04:22 PM
hang in there Golfgirl ..... the weather is due to clear tomorrow :)

So set that alarm clock and get up early :!: :lol:

Fishman Dan
30th April 2004, 04:55 PM
Hopefully he can't back up this win - as i said to my newly appointed wife (the Masters final round was the morning after the wedding - and no, i didn't get up early to watch it ;) ) that Mickelson winning The Masters was the worst possible thing for golf.

Like they say, you can't really be considered 'World Class' if you don't travel outside the US. :roll:

Jarro
30th April 2004, 05:46 PM
Like they say, you can't really be considered 'World Class' if you don't travel outside the US. :roll:

think you may be a bit harsh there Dan ..... that would mean 95% of all the US PGA Tour golfers aren't "world class"

I know what you're getting at though ... they have it pretty comfy on their little tour over there.... why would they want to travel anywhere [-(

Fishman Dan
30th April 2004, 09:55 PM
. they have it pretty comfy on their little tour over there.... why would they want to travel anywhere [-(

Kind of a Catch-22. If it wasn't for the Tour there wouldn't be so much sponsorship $$$ and the game wouldn't be progressing as it is today - but with so many players not taking the game around the world, is it really harming golf?

I err on the side of harsh. But i do dislike Mickelson intensely (he'd probably dislike me too, kind of fair). No doubts the worlds best players are rooted to the US and the PGA Tour, just a shame we can't lure them elsewhere with their year going from mid/late Jan to late November/early December.

Golfgirl
1st May 2004, 02:20 PM
hang in there Golfgirl ..... the weather is due to clear tomorrow :)

So set that alarm clock and get up early :!: :lol:

Nope - didn't happen...

What happens now? :? They haven't even finished the first round! :shock: Do they just keep on trying to play in the patches of ok weather, or do they shorten the tournament?? :?

Jarro
1st May 2004, 02:57 PM
if they don't get much Golf in tomorrow, i think they'll have no other option than to shorten the Tournament :(

geez, i can't remember the last time i saw 2 tournys in a row affected by rain like this :roll:

jaster
2nd May 2004, 08:23 AM
I am getting annoyed by all these rain delays and repeats :evil:

Isn't it awesome to watch the European Tour? I think it is better to watch at times as you get more action and the comentators are a little less annoying ;)

Golfgirl
2nd May 2004, 12:18 PM
Yay!!!! :D I saw one real live golf shot today, and then they blew the horn..... :evil:

But then they alleviated my anger by showing a little footage from earlier in the day which I didn't see because I was catching a few zzzz's. :D

jaster
2nd May 2004, 03:06 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to see him have a strong showing this weekend at the HP classic in New Orleans 8)

wonder if now he's won his first major, the floodgates will open on his talent pool ... and we'll see the real Phil step up to the plate each week :roll:

Go Lefty :!: :D

To answer the original question....I think he might win again this year but not until around the PGA time ;) He would be so excited after winning a major and people would be wanting a piece of him everywhere!!

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 04:10 PM
i find it a bit frustrating that Lefty is finding form as Tiger is losing his :?

I'd love to see both of them fight it out when they are both on top of their game 8)

When is Tiger due back anyway :?

Golfgirl
2nd May 2004, 07:55 PM
Think Tiger is playing next weekend in the Wachovia, then possibly the following week in the Byron Nelson.... :?

Jarro
3rd May 2004, 06:22 AM
be very interesting to see where his swings at :-k

Jarro
3rd May 2004, 07:40 AM
looks like Phil's gonna figure in the final group tomorrow when they finally finish this tournament :roll:

Just watched the final minutes of the coverage. Phil and CH111 hit 350yard drives down the 16th (par5 556yards) then both hit 7 irons to the green :shock:

granted they had a mild breeze at their backs, but thats just sick :-& [-(

driver, 7 iron to a par 5 ... makes the game look pretty easy doesn't it :^o

anyway, i hope Phil wins tomorrow .... 8)

Onewood
3rd May 2004, 12:20 PM
looks like Phil's gonna figure in the final group tomorrow when they finally finish this tournament :roll:

Just watched the final minutes of the coverage. Phil and CH111 hit 350yard drives down the 16th (par5 556yards) then both hit 7 irons to the green :shock:

granted they had a mild breeze at their backs, but thats just sick :-& [-(

driver, 7 iron to a par 5 ... makes the game look pretty easy doesn't it :^o

anyway, i hope Phil wins tomorrow .... 8)

I enjoyed Phils, first major win =D> I'll never forget the look on his face that day...he was in a groove :) Now its time to go back and see the real world travellers do well :wink: sorry Phil you're on the outer with onewood :lol: :lol: