PDA

View Full Version : Hi :)

Jarro
28th April 2004, 01:00 PM
Howdy lads, how've we all been :?:

Glad to be here in the new place, hopefully things will run smooth here :wink:
Thanks to Mr & Mrs Gough for getting this off the ground .... great work :!: :D

Also thanks to Jaster... good on ya mate 8)

now, let the games begin :lol:

AndyP
28th April 2004, 01:13 PM
Hello,

I am new here too. :roll: I'm AndyP, you may remember me from another forum as apholden. :wink:

Thanks to the Toowoomba peoples for getting this thing going. It looks a lot better than what I was expecting.

Yeeeehaaaa!

jaster
28th April 2004, 01:13 PM
Excellent guys :) Remember that I am sheriff in these parts ;) :P

Jarro
28th April 2004, 01:16 PM
Hey Sheriff,

how many of the "crew" have you told about this new site :?

AndyP
28th April 2004, 01:23 PM
And who counts as part of the "crew"?

Good to see that I am the first Andrew on this forum, it was getting a bit crowded elsewhere. :wink:

clikchic
28th April 2004, 01:23 PM
Welcome aboard guys!

This is goughy's wife. ;-) I am still in the process of getting the pretty stuff happening so the colours are a little 'off' at present, but as you can see it is all up and running! ;-)

Enjoy!
Robyn

jaster
28th April 2004, 01:27 PM
And who counts as part of the "crew"?

Good to see that I am the first Andrew on this forum, it was getting a bit crowded elsewhere. :wink:

I think terry is telling a few people but please tell anyone you like, just don't use ISG as that might piss a few people off :P

Everyone is welcome, I just don't want this place turning into a hang out for wankers who want to abuse people and then think it is funny :evil:

AndyP
28th April 2004, 02:22 PM
please tell anyone you like
Mary had a little lamb, it's fleece was white as snow. (your friendly deputy) :wink:

Iain
28th April 2004, 03:00 PM
[quote="jaster]please tell anyone you like
And every where that mary went, the lamb was sure to go (your deputy at it again :P )

Iain

Jarro
28th April 2004, 03:17 PM
how about Mau :?:

he'd probably find out about it anyway, even if you didn't tell him :roll:

the guy's a freak :shock:

AndyP
28th April 2004, 03:34 PM
If it can be found on Google, he'll find.

We don't want this to be an all Qld affair, so invitations should go abroad.
Fishman Dan, golfgirl and amanda come to mind.

Jarro
28th April 2004, 03:44 PM
good idea AndyP...... maybe you should shoot them a PM :wink:

AndyP
28th April 2004, 03:59 PM
good idea AndyP...... maybe you should shoot them a PM :wink:
I think Terry told me that administrators can view PMs. Maybe PM them for their email addresses. :?: :?

terryand
28th April 2004, 04:04 PM
Made it :lol:

Great work Mrs Goughy 8)

Or can I call you Robyn :oops:

Who was wearin the sherrif's hat in these there parts,arh not a problem I sure he could be bribed with a Scotty Cameron and a putting stroke :shock: :D :D

Terry.

clikchic
28th April 2004, 04:17 PM
LOL Terry!

Of course you can call me Robyn! :P

I am not sure about the administrators being able to read PM's. I haven't found that feature so far, but I agree, best to ask for email addy's to be on the safe side.. ;-)

We don't want to upset them over there! :-$

jaster
28th April 2004, 05:58 PM
Hey Terry...you need a better looking avatar than that one :roll: :D

terryand
28th April 2004, 06:05 PM
Yeah I'mhaving trouble shinking the pic :oops:

Terry.

jaster
28th April 2004, 06:12 PM
Yeah I'mhaving trouble shinking the pic :oops:

Terry.

I just sent you one to use :P

goughy
28th April 2004, 07:04 PM
Hi ya'll.

I finally wrestled the computer off robyn.

If jaster's the sheriff, then I must be deputy dawg :P

goughy
28th April 2004, 07:16 PM
I sent a pm to golfgirl yesterday asking here to send me her email address. We definitely don't want to tread on any toes there. It's not about competing with them as much as giving us a place to converse in peace knowing that any rubbish will end bin as it should.]

Robyn said the swear filter is not completely running yet so we should either be careful what we say, or go at it hammer and tongs while we can.

goughy
28th April 2004, 07:21 PM
I think we should run a prize and only let people with 100 posts or more enter. Come to think of it, that would mean by tomorrow morning jarro would be the only person able to qualify :lol:

We might have to leave that idea for another time.

Jarro
28th April 2004, 07:37 PM
I think we should run a prize and only let people with 100 posts or more enter. Come to think of it, that would mean by tomorrow morning jarro would be the only person able to qualify :lol:

now, now Deputy Dawg .... no need to get all narky :roll: :lol:

Glad to hear things are up and running OK guys 8) Thanks again to Robyn for all her work :D

oh, and you to Goughy :wink:

jaster
28th April 2004, 07:53 PM
Hmm...no swear filter...hmmmm :wink:

goughy
28th April 2004, 08:16 PM
There's a couple of words in it I think. Robyn's working on it. She wants me to fill it up, but quite frankly whe can swear much better than me.

Just a note to everyone.

Please don't take offence to this but we'll shortly be removing the unsavoury references etc from the posts (mine included). We want to keep that sort of discussion off the forum. It's part of the reason we wanted to have a place to chat without all the crap occuring. And if that's the case then whether we like someone or not, we shouldn't be bagging them here. Lets keep it to the pm's.

Sorry to put a dampener on the fun, but it's part of what this forum is about (being respectiful, not dampening our fun). :mrgreen:

clikchic
28th April 2004, 10:31 PM
[-X
There's a couple of words in it I think. Robyn's working on it. She wants me to fill it up, but quite frankly whe can swear much better than me.

HEY goughy!

WATCH IT!

Remember this..... your wife is always watching!

AndyP
29th April 2004, 07:23 AM
Remember this..... your wife is always watching!
:shock: That's a worry. 8-[

clikchic
29th April 2004, 07:59 AM
That's a worry.

:twisted: BWA HA HA HA HA :twisted:

he he...

AndyP
29th April 2004, 08:25 AM

Now that's just being nasty. :x :wink: :lol:

AndyP
29th April 2004, 09:58 AM
Rebel is my middle name.
Oh Wait, no it's not. That "P" stands for something. :?

Onewood, has popped in here. Not sure what happened with the yahoo tipping though. Did he have a bad week? :wink: Oh yes, that's right West Coast got flogged by Carlton. :lol:

Now....who can I upset first ?
Get Bent! :P

clikchic
29th April 2004, 09:59 AM
Quote:

Now that's just being nasty.

Awww! Just havin a bit of fun while the dawg is at work! he he!

I am going to the coast overnight for my mum's 60th birthday surprise party and so thought I would leave him something to have a gaffaw at. he he. :twisted:

Robyn

AndyP
29th April 2004, 10:24 AM
I am going to the coast overnight
:?: The Sunshine Coast? If so, whereabout?
My outlaws live in Mooloolaba, and I went to Maroochydore HS, but don't hold that against me.

clikchic
29th April 2004, 10:32 AM
They live at Bli Bli, they moved there to semi retire a few years ago...

Still haven't gotten close to even semi retiring tho! :roll:

AndyP
29th April 2004, 10:41 AM
They live at Bli Bli
I will have to get goughy over to Nambour GC then, if he ever visits his outlaws.
That's if he is allowed, of course. [-o< :mrgreen:

clikchic
29th April 2004, 10:45 AM
I will have to get goughy over to Nambour GC then, if he ever visits his outlaws.
That's if he is allowed, of course. [-o< :mrgreen:

Sigh, much to my chargin he usually manages a golf game when we are there visiting! :roll:

AndyP
29th April 2004, 10:58 AM
Sigh, much to my chargin he usually manages a golf game when we are there visiting! :roll:
I sometimes manage to fit in two rounds when I visit. :D

markTHEblake
29th April 2004, 12:06 PM
Now....who can I upset first ? :x

Nobody bites here (yet) very boring forum. Maybe we should invite some victorians

BrisVegas
29th April 2004, 12:38 PM
:lol: :lol: I was wondering where you lot got to....

:wink: (please send golfer69 his spotters fee for recruiting me.)

BrisVegas
29th April 2004, 12:50 PM
Ah lookie here Blakey....one of those blokes with the fluent pretty boy swings has arrived ! He may just be the Tom Purtzer of ISG....er um, I mean OGF (OzGolfForum).

Sorry Vegas, but Blakey and I have voted ourselves the troublemakers of the new site. We're fangin for a stink !

No matter, I find your jibe quite complimentary :wink:

Jarro
29th April 2004, 01:02 PM
Sorry Vegas, but Blakey and I have voted ourselves the troublemakers of the new site. We're fangin for a stink !

maybe we should open up a "stink" forum ....

.. where you can go to just dump on someone :shock:

Iain
29th April 2004, 01:03 PM
Vegas you big Su@k... :roll:

Golfer69 and MTB trouble maker's!!!

Ha, that's laughable.... :mrgreen:

BrisVegas
29th April 2004, 01:07 PM
[quote="Iain"]Vegas you big Su@k... :roll: quote]

whatEVA =; =; =;

AndyP
29th April 2004, 01:29 PM
Oh look, it's BrisVegas the threadjacking Nazi. :P
What's with the advertising in the avatar? Is that allowed? ;)

Take note Blakey and g69. You can't just vote yourselves troublemakers of the site.

BrisVegas
29th April 2004, 03:32 PM
Oh look, it's BrisVegas the threadjacking Nazi. :P
What's with the advertising in the avatar? Is that allowed? ;)

Take note Blakey and g69. You can't just vote yourselves troublemakers of the site.

Oh Andy, you'll have to do better than that.... :roll: :roll:

markTHEblake
29th April 2004, 03:35 PM

ok AndyPee I guess i will have to do it the hard way.

BTW, does this mean i have to cancel the ISG shirts I ordered?

Jarro
29th April 2004, 03:51 PM
BTW, does this mean i have to cancel the ISG shirts I ordered?

in a word ... YES :lol:

goughy
29th April 2004, 04:30 PM
AndyP, when I'm up the coast next I'll let you know. Regardles of what popular opinion says (meaning clikchic) I don't play golf that often when up that way. But since she thinks I do I guess I'm gonna have to live up to my reputation.

I'm keen to play caloundra again sometime soon. I've had some good rounds there.

Golfgirl
30th April 2004, 10:55 AM
Hi All!

Found ya's thanks to an e-mail from Goughy.

Great site here - thanks Robyn and Goughy.

Don't hold it against me that I'm a Qld'er stuck in NSW..... I had to get a NSW driver's licence and put yellow no. plates on my car this week. I am in mourning.... :(

AndyP
30th April 2004, 11:35 AM
Hello GolfGirl,

Nice username. :wink:

Welcome to OzGolf. 8) Sheriff Jaster and Deputy Dawg Goughy are running the show here, so we can post without fear of abuse. Except from them. :mrgreen: Much better emoticons too.

There doesn't seem to be many posters here during the day yet. So I just talk to myself.
But is that any different to before. :roll:

Jarro
30th April 2004, 04:17 PM
Welcome Golfgirl :)

good to see you here :wink:

Golfgirl
30th April 2004, 05:15 PM
There doesn't seem to be many posters here during the day yet. So I just talk to myself.
But is that any different to before. :roll:

I will talk to you Andy :D .... this is my second trip in here for today, so I am obviously hard up for a good chat also... :roll:

markTHEblake
30th April 2004, 06:37 PM
so we can post without fear of abuse.

ahem: Golfer69 hangs around these parts

AndyP
30th April 2004, 08:08 PM
ahem: Golfer69 hangs around these parts
Great. :roll: Who invited him? :P

I will talk to you Andy .... this is my second trip in here for today, so I am obviously hard up for a good chat also...
And with Fishy back, things are on the up. Unfortunately, I will be transferring to a new job soon, which means I must be on my best behaviour. O:) Unless of course, my PC is in a good position. :wink:

Jarro
30th April 2004, 08:16 PM
congrats on the new job AndyP =D>

weren't you on shaky ground there for a while :?

AndyP
30th April 2004, 08:43 PM
congrats on the new job AndyP =D>

weren't you on shaky ground there for a while :?
I was. Considering my contract ends next Friday, and I was only offered another job on this past Wednesday. Apparently it is a trend of my company to not renew someone, then all of a sudden think "oh crap" we are going to lose him.
I haven't accepted the offer yet, as I am expecting another one on Tuesday. When it rains, it pours. :roll:
But it is a relief, a big big relief. \:D/

Jarro
30th April 2004, 08:46 PM
well done mate :D

Golfgirl
30th April 2004, 08:52 PM
Apparently it is a trend of my company to not renew someone, then all of a sudden think "oh crap" we are going to lose him.

Yep - sounds typical of the way 99% of businesses treat their employees...

I could tell you some great "behind the scenes" stories about how golf courses/clubs should not be run... :shock: :lol: :lol:

Onewood
30th April 2004, 09:16 PM
Onewood, has popped in here.

Sorry guys and gals did'nt realise I had to report here first :D onewood officially signed in 8) Gees you guys post a lot :D

AndyP
30th April 2004, 09:26 PM

Sorry guys and gals did'nt realise I had to report here first :D onewood officially signed in 8) Gees you guys post a lot :D
You're not a top poster anymore, onewood. You're a junior on this site. :P

Onewood
30th April 2004, 09:29 PM

You're not a top poster anymore, onewood. You're a junior on this site. :P

Wont be long :wink: see you've got to start working for a living again :lol: :lol: by the way good luck with which ever one you take up 8)

Jarro
1st May 2004, 05:10 PM
sounds like AndyP has challenged you Onewood :lol:

first one to 1000 posts :P

AndyP
1st May 2004, 08:50 PM

No contest, jarro. You win. :roll:

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 03:37 AM

yeah :!: \:D/

jaster
2nd May 2004, 08:26 AM

yeah :!: \:D/

That old noiseworks song was written about jarro and mau....NO LIFE!!, NO LIFE!!!...do it again..I said..NO LIFE!!, NO LIFE....:P

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 12:44 PM
i know Jaster, i know #-o

Courty
3rd May 2004, 08:11 AM
Aha, the plot thickens.:shock: My inbox has been devoid of ISG reply notifications lately.:roll: Now I know why(thanks to a quick message from Onewood)
I'm getting some serious deja vu looking at the users in here :D
Cairns' first ISG day on the 8th of May has been cancelled, and a new event has been scheduled. Cairns' first Ozgolf.net day! :D

Jarro
3rd May 2004, 09:02 AM
good to see ya here Courty :D

Welcome aboard =D>

AndyP
3rd May 2004, 02:57 PM
G'day Courty. :D

McMw
15th May 2004, 12:10 AM
hiya fellas!!! :wink:

AndyP
15th May 2004, 12:17 AM
G'day McMw. How did you get yourself a OzGolf handicap?

McMw
15th May 2004, 12:19 AM
well...that would be my "uh-hum" actual playing hcp??? :wink: :lol:

AndyP
15th May 2004, 12:26 AM
Is this mau? 8)
Shouldn't you be moderating somewhere else? :wink:

goughy
15th May 2004, 04:35 AM
Hi ya Mcmw :smt039 How ya doing.

Don't worry 'bout andyp. He's just got a smart mouth. Pitty the rest of him ain't too smart tho :smt102

Don't worry about your hc there McMw. Listen to what advice we have to give you and we'll have you back off 36 in no time at all.

AndyP
15th May 2004, 05:48 AM
I'm serious, goughy.

http://www.geocities.com/mcmwwong/MauMar.html

Note the mcmw in the web address.
I don't think his h/cap is that bad at all. :roll:

:shock: :shock: Maybe he's a spy. :shock: :lol:

Jarro
15th May 2004, 09:42 AM

Hi mate,

How ya doin' :?: 8)

Golfgirl
15th May 2004, 09:54 AM
Hi there McMW!

Good to see ya! :D

McMw
15th May 2004, 11:11 AM
hmm...I didn't think using a different login name was gonna be a big deal!!! :wink:

I still have the !!!, the ???, the ?!?!? going... :) :lol:

I figured, new forum, new login!!! :lol:

Golfgirl
16th May 2004, 10:03 AM
Just no disguising your own personal posting style, hey? :lol: :lol:

AndyP
16th May 2004, 07:28 PM
I figured, new forum, new login!!!
Me too. 8)

amanda
24th May 2004, 09:53 AM
Hey everyone!

I was wondering where all the Qlders had gone off too and now I know (someone told me yesterday)

Cheers!

Fishman Dan
24th May 2004, 10:19 AM
Hey everyone!

I was wondering where all the Qlders had gone off too and now I know (someone told me yesterday)

Cheers!

Hi Amanda,

Don't worry, there are some normal people here too ;)

Jarro
24th May 2004, 10:31 AM
Hey everyone!

Cheers!

Hi Amanda,

Don't worry, there are some normal people here too ;)

Hi Amanda,

welcome :D

looking forward to chewing the fat with you 8)

andylo
24th May 2004, 10:35 AM
HI Amanda,

welcome :)

Courty
24th May 2004, 10:48 AM
Hey amanda,

good to 'see' you again...

Come on in and make yourself at home \:D/ :smt023

jaster
24th May 2004, 11:53 AM
Welcome to our humble abode :)

markTHEblake
24th May 2004, 04:29 PM
Welcome to our humble abode :)

Humble?

goughy
24th May 2004, 04:33 PM
Hi amanda. Nice to see ya. Glad you could make it.

You guys still heading north at the end of the year?

amanda
24th May 2004, 04:43 PM
Yes - we are still coming north on the 8th of November. I can't wait for Spring and warmer weather to come around!

Liverpool was heaps of fun yesterday - only 2 ppl played well (square in a par event) but I saw Geoff (zipptopp) have a hole in one! BUT it was into an animal burrow into the sidewall of a bunker on a par 3 :shock:

Flowergirl
24th May 2004, 04:59 PM
Hello to all the Cairns golfers :D Am coming up your way in mid June with a group of people. Would love to be able to sneak off for a game of golf. Any advise on a good course up there?? Will be there in mid June - only for 5 days. :wink: :wink:

Oops the :wink: :wink: looked like I was sorta making a pass at someone :oops: :oops:
Don't be alarmed..........am only looking for golf game .not meaningful relationship!!! :lol: :lol:
Hope the weather will be warm...........Victoria is starting to show signs of winter.brrrrrrrrrrrr

Jarro
24th May 2004, 05:27 PM
Don't be alarmed..........am only looking for golf game .not meaningful relationship!!!

i'm sure if you looked hard enough, you could find both there Flowergirl :wink: :smt008

Fishman Dan
24th May 2004, 05:28 PM
FG, when i was up there i played at the Novotel Palm Cove (9 hole course), which is popular with the locals, and Paradise Palms (just outside of Cairns, closer than Palm Cove) which is a resort course, catering for tourists mainly.

Don't go on a 'tour' to Paradise Palms, but if you have an AGU h'cap it's $99 (inc. cart), and i think their open day is Thursday, which is about $45!

But Courty can fill you in on all the details. Personally, i would have loved to have played The Links at Port Douglas - if you've got the time, get up to Port D, we loved it.

Courty
25th May 2004, 07:07 AM
Hello to all the Cairns golfers :D Am coming up your way in mid June with a group of people. Would love to be able to sneak off for a game of golf. Any advise on a good course up there?? Will be there in mid June - only for 5 days. :wink: :wink:

There are a few courses around. It depends on what you're looking for. The best 2 would definitely be Paradise Palms (http://www.paradisepalms.com.au/introduction.htm) at Palm Cove (30 min North) or The Links (http://www.thelinks.com.au/) in Port Douglas (1 hour North). However, they are also the most difficult and most expensive. Last time I played, it was $70 at PP, and $90 at The Links. :shock:
Of the membership-based courses, there is my home club, Cairns Golf Club (http://www.cairnsgolfclub.com.au/mainpage.html) which is closest to the city, Mike's home club, Half Moon Bay (http://www.halfmoonbaygolf.com.au/), and Novotel (http://www.novotel-pcr.com.au/facilities.html).

Cairns is starting to look really nice as they are preparing it for the Von Nida event at the end of June. Half Moon Bay is shorter than Cairns, but a lot narrower (about 20 min drive North) and Novotel is only 9 holes (30 mins North). If you are short for time, I would recommend Cairns or Half Moon Bay as they are the closest, but if you can spare a whole day, try Paradise Palms or The Links. 8)

As far as the weather goes, you have picked the best time of year. The heat, rain and humidity have all departed and been replaced by beautiful clear days and crisp nights (chilly for the locals). :wink:

If you need any more info, I'd be glad to help. :wink:

Flowergirl
25th May 2004, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the advice Cairns guys...........looking forward to playing around up there!!! ( she says tongue in cheek knowing full well her husband is going with her!! :smt057 )
The challenge will be playing with hire clubs - although it'll be good to have a excuse for the poor form. #-o
We are travelling with a "conference group" so I might see if the organisers could arrange a package for us. I'm sure there will be quite a few takers.
Watch out Cairns - here we come :smt077

Golfgirl
25th May 2004, 08:51 AM
Hi Amanda - good to see you here. :D

Fishman Dan
25th May 2004, 09:50 AM
The challenge will be playing with hire clubs

Actually the clubs at Paradise Palms weren't too bad. An old set of MaxFli's - but i found the woods (pretty much OEM) were quite reasonable. You can pay extra and get a set of Callaway's (approx $70).

Flowergirl
25th May 2004, 12:10 PM
thanks FD regards FG :D

Onewood
25th May 2004, 06:04 PM
Hey everyone!

Cheers!

Welcome amanda, 8)

Gee we have to watch our P's and Q's now fella's we have all the girls on board :P 8) :D

AndyP
25th May 2004, 11:46 PM
Hey everyone!

Cheers!
About time you found us, amanda. Welcome. :D

AndyP
25th May 2004, 11:48 PM
Gee we have to watch our P's and Q's now fella's we have all the girls on board :P 8) :D
Damned if I am changing my ways for a few sheilas. :wink:

mrbluu
28th September 2013, 01:05 PM
Howdy lads, how've we all been :?:

Glad to be here in the new place, hopefully things will run smooth here :wink:
Thanks to Mr & Mrs Gough for getting this off the ground .... great work :!: :D

Also thanks to Jaster... good on ya mate 8)

now, let the games begin :lol:

Wrong thread :o