PDA

View Full Version : week commencing 2nd May 2005

Jarro
2nd May 2005, 01:57 PM
shot 87 at Sanctuary Cove (Palms) today.

didn't hit the ball too bad, had a few brainfarts though that certainly didn't help the score.

Courty
2nd May 2005, 08:39 PM
Played in a small stableford comp with a few mates today. My form swung from one extreme to the other. On the first 9 I shot 14pts and only hit 1 fairway, on the back 9, I shot 22pts and only missed 1 fairway. The 22 pts was even par 37 off the stick with 1 bogey, 1 birdie and 7 pars (including 3 lipped-out birdie attempts). The front, on the other hand, was just a disgrace. :oops: So after all that, I shot 36pts (80). :?

Virgal_Tracy
3rd May 2005, 09:00 AM
Played in a 4 man ambrose at a new course to me. Team handicap helped by one member playing off 36. Finished at 51 1/8 from par 70 for a win in the comp.

Managed to rectify driving issues for some consistency. Must now adjust sw to stop airmailing the green.

amanda
3rd May 2005, 12:08 PM
Great work Vince - where did you play?

Virgal_Tracy
3rd May 2005, 01:25 PM
Played over at RAE at Moorebank. A little 9 holer but with dual tees. I'm currently trying out courses in the Liverpool area as I'm looking to move clubs.

As good as Liverpool is it is too expensive so I'm trialling courses such as New Brighton, Cabramatta and Camden Valleyto see if they are up to scratch for the dollars.

A great excuse to play other courses.

amanda
3rd May 2005, 02:33 PM
I think NB is now $1300 per year (including a $200 bar/food levy) and $12 comp fees

I think Liverpool would work out cheaper than NB in the long run - their $1560 includes comp fees. If you played 40 weeks out of the year at my club, you'd be paying $1780 :shock:

Steer clear of Riverwood GC :wink:

peter_rs
3rd May 2005, 03:24 PM
Had a 85 around river lakes on monday

39 front nine 14 putts. (2 balls in the water).
46 back nine 22 putts.

The rain got to me on the back nine-.

Thanks to the fun day kezza and scott.

Not bad for a hacker on 23.

McMw
5th May 2005, 12:41 AM
played a quick 9....

one of those games where everything felt right...even tho some shots were not that good...the next made up for it... :D

hit 8/9 greens, 15putts, 2 birds, missed 2...made 1 great par putt...

trialling a new driver, Si3 8` with the NV65X shaft...that is one STIFF bugga...
think the V50 grip I put on is not "soft" enough...might have to do a quick regrip before my next 9 on Saturday...

but looks like the GBB2PS has the posi in the bag for at least the next 2 weeks... :wink:

Ona
5th May 2005, 02:12 PM
had 71 (66) yesterday at R&A QP. Was hitting 8i-->LW into 14 of the holes and only hit 7 :smt009. Left the driver at home and still managed to hook the sh!t out of two tee shots, got the last one alright so I wont quit just yet. Putting felt as good as a nice pair of.. slippers, but nothing would drop for me so missed many u/d and birdy chances. Played the eight par 3's 4 over :smt017

Trung
7th May 2005, 11:22 AM
Monthly Medal.

Scr 77, net 70 :D

Jarro
7th May 2005, 03:26 PM
90 at Windaroo Country Club today.

a few good holes, a few bad holes.

that's the way it's going for me lately :roll:

Onewood
7th May 2005, 06:03 PM
MM and last round of club champs...

35/ 41 / 76 /5 = 71
CCR 72 so back to 4.8 8)

I had a bed time story from Iain and Eags last night in the chat room :D something about Bob someone and putting, and it helped :wink: thanks guy's :lol:

what time is the second chapter tonight :?: or do we leave it till friday nights :D

Grunt
7th May 2005, 09:06 PM
33 points

73 nett

Played ok 2 wipes

Hit the ball ok, will come back next week fora better game

McMw
7th May 2005, 09:42 PM
tried a new driver today...got some good hits out of it...good enuff to warrant another go tomorrow arvo... :lol:

shot a 75 today...with 34 putts and a penalty stroke....
had two 3puttGIRs...not happy...

my GIRs have improved a bit over the past month, but boy...my putting stats is CRAP now... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trung
8th May 2005, 09:07 AM
Monthly Medal.

Scr 77, net 70  :D

CCR 74.. wooooohooooooooooo

Jono, I may have to re-edit my "Signature" now

Pinglauncher
8th May 2005, 03:44 PM
Well played Trung. Getting back on a roll again :?:

I had 35 points today. Was trying a new driver, new irons and wedges and pretty happy with the equipment. Putted very poorly today (34)

Jono
8th May 2005, 06:22 PM
Monthly Medal.

Mate,

I want to see you shoot those low numbers OUTSIDE Carnarvon. :wink:

Well played ... you must be getting some of your form back. But I'll still catch ya by the end of the year ... 8)

jimandr
8th May 2005, 07:05 PM
I've shot a lot of 35 point scores in recent times, and I did so again today.

The big difference is this should have been much better, while recently I've been playing poorly and riding my luck.

After hacking it to be 5 over after 4, I made a swing change that worked, hitting 12 of the next 14 greens in reg. Long putting was terrible, and I could hole all the 5 footers I kept leaving myself.

10 of 14 fairways
13 of 18 GIR :)
1 of 2 up & down
1 of 1 sand saves
37 putts, incl 3 three putts, no birdies :(

I hit the ball better today than I have for 3 months. I might go alright at Mac Grange next Saturday :wink:

Courty
8th May 2005, 08:46 PM
Monthly Medal yesterday. Had an 8 on the first hole :evil: and never really recovered. Although I did win NTP on the 172m par 3 17th with a 5 iron to 2.4m. It was the only consolation from an indifferent round. :?

McMw
8th May 2005, 08:48 PM
I played BAD today...really bad...
the greens were uncut, so plenty of lipouts, as well as putts stopping short deal in the heart... :roll: :roll: :roll:

but the bright light is that if playing this bad, and can still keep at 8over, that's not too bad...I guess... :?

Trung
8th May 2005, 11:53 PM
Monthly Medal.

Mate,

I want to see you shoot those low numbers OUTSIDE Carnarvon.  :wink:

Well played ... you must be getting some of your form back.  But I'll still catch ya by the end of the year ...  8)

Jono, I don't see you doing at good at Carnarvon for many times. :wink:

btw.. by first game at Bayview.. I had 36 points... Mate, that's pretty good at your home course consider that I have never seen it before. :D

Trung
8th May 2005, 11:57 PM
Well played Trung. Getting back on a roll again  :?:

I didn't think it played that hard for Monthly Medal. I thought it would be CCR72 for MM...

I was wrong and I'm glad I was too. :lol:

Virgal_Tracy
9th May 2005, 08:02 AM
Didn't get the chance to play but happy to see that you are playing so well Trung. Keepthat going and I'll be gaining strokes for our matchplay without having to hit a ball.

Congrats on obviously a great round on a course playing very hard.

AndyP
9th May 2005, 04:01 PM
06/05/05, Palm Meadows GC, Social

Played the course from the championship tees (6319m), which made it tough. The fact that there had been some rain during the week, and there was little run, didn't make the holes any shorter. On top of that there was a pretty strong wind.

That said, I wasn't hitting the ball that well anyway. Had a bit of a hot streak in the middle of the round, but couldn't make it last and struggled home with some three putts.

Highlight of the round was a birdie on the 179m par 3 8th.

6/14 effective T-shots
4/18 effective regulation approaches
35 putts
----------
1 birdie
3 pars
9 bogeys
3 doubles
2 others
Score 45-48-93 nett 80 (par 72 ACR 74)

------------------------------

07/05/05, Robina Woods GC, Social

Another day from the championship tees (6078m), but not as brutal as Palm Meadows. Continued to be inconsistent.
I was hitting it well off the tee, but a lot of crap shots off the deck.
Changed putting style for the day (not sure if I am still bouncing it ;)). Slowly started to develop some trust in the stroke by the end of the round.

Was pleased with how I played the par 3s over the weekend. 8 holes for a +2 return (Even for the 4 Robina Woods par 3s) 1 birdie, 5 pars, and 3 bogeys.

Hole 1 typified my weekend, crap play with the occasional good shot. Big slice T-shot with driver into the scrub on the other side of a creek on a tree root. Punch through trees sideways back to fairway too strong, and into fairway bunker. From 150m, sliced bunker shot into greenside trap.
Highlight of the round, holing my first ever bunker shot. Easy par. :roll:

8/14 effective T-shots
6/18 effective regulation approaches
34 putts
----------
7 pars
5 bogeys
3 doubles
3 others
Score 48-43-91 nett 78 (par 71 ACR 72)