PDA

View Full Version : Public Apology.....

terryand
29th May 2004, 04:46 PM
I must make this formal public apology after todays round at Logan with the rest of the boys.

I apologise to my trihot putter for dumping it today(even if it was just for a trail run) for the Rossa Monza I recieved yesterday.

As it was the Monza went out on strike today too in sympathy for the Trihot which made for a frustrating day.

I was tossing up before the round which one I would take out,and on the spare of the moment opted for the Monza.So looking back,5 minutes on the practice green was not a smart thing to do or a good way to break in a new putter.

The bad thing was that for the 31 pts I had, I felt I didn't hit it that bad.I guess it was the 8 or 9 putts that I missed from 8 feet or closer that hurt(most of which were for birdies too).

So please my darling Trihot can you forgive me for my indiscretion and I promise I won't stray again.

Having said that,I really think the putter is the one club in the bag that shouldn't be changed every 5 minutes.I believe if I put the time in with a new putter I probably would be able to putt aswell with it as my Trihot,but then again maybe not,I have had my Trihot for at least 3 years now and to get used to a new shape and weight putter and not to mention the different feel of the insert,would take some time.

For me to change putters,I would have to have at least 3 or 4 hour long sessions before my first game and then give it at least 3 or 4 months in the bag, before I would make the final commitment to a new putter.

So I guess the good thing to come out of this is that I wasn't really putting that badly after all with the old trusty.

Lets see what happens tomorrow with the trusty Trihot.
Jarro,Gaz and Nudgee,if you see the Monza in my hands tomorrow grab it an don't give it back till were in the carpark.

Terry.

Golfgirl
29th May 2004, 05:03 PM
I must make this formal public apology after todays round at Logan with the rest of the boys.

I apologise to my trihot putter for dumping it today(even if it was just for a trail run) for the Rossa Monza I recieved yesterday.

As it was the Monza went out on strike today too in sympathy for the Trihot which made for a frustrating day.

Oh dear.... that doesn't sound good, I hope that the Trihot forgives you.... :roll: :wink:

AndyP
29th May 2004, 05:04 PM
You sound a bit distressed, Terry. :wink:

When I recently changed putters, it only took a half hour session on a practice green and one round to get used to it, and it was a completely different feel. I guess the difference is that I liked the feel of the putter straight away, and was unhappy with my previous putter. You don't seem too unhappy with your previous putter, especially with hindsight.

jaster
29th May 2004, 06:01 PM
Don't worry about it mate, with only 31 putts I cannot see how you are so displeased? :? Did you miss a few short ones or something?

terryand
29th May 2004, 06:05 PM
Jaster that was 31 points :oops:

Too scared to add up the putts.

Terry.

jaster
29th May 2004, 06:07 PM

Terry.

Pffft...still not that bad mate, under 30 is crap :wink: Are you sure the putter should get all the blame? How many greens did you hit? Fairways etc etc? :wink:

nick
29th May 2004, 06:19 PM
Putting bad is the one thing that makes me hate the game sometimes, but I got a new putter so its going pretty good so far.

Nick

terryand
29th May 2004, 06:26 PM

Terry.

Pffft...still not that bad mate, under 30 is crap :wink: Are you sure the putter should get all the blame? How many greens did you hit? Fairways etc etc? :wink:

I'll try to count them up but i reckon at least 10 or 11 GIR.

Terry.

jaster
29th May 2004, 06:48 PM
Hmmm....maybe you should blame the putter then ;)

terryand
29th May 2004, 06:54 PM
I think it was 10 GIR and 3 puttable fringes #-o ](*,)

Terry.

jaster
29th May 2004, 06:58 PM
I think it was 10 GIR and 3 puttable fringes #-o ](*,)

Terry.

So what did you shoot off the stick? (to par?) +9 or something?

terryand
29th May 2004, 07:09 PM
Yeah woulda been about it.81 ish.

I hit the ball like i should of had74 or 75 .

Had 4 6footers for birdies and missed em all.

terry.

jaster
29th May 2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah woulda been about it.81 ish.

I hit the ball like i should of had74 or 75 .

Had 4 6footers for birdies and missed em all.

terry. #-o ](*,)

McMw
29th May 2004, 09:07 PM
oh well....there's always tomorrow!!! :D

who knows...you'll prob do what I do tomorrow...
miss all the putts today after hitting great irons shots, then go out the next day, mishit the irons all over the park, make all the putts, and still shoot the same score!!!

yes...it's happened to me!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have no problem switching btw putters every other day...as long as its a 33incher...
don't know how I can do it...but it doesn't bother me... :lol:
might give a Voodoo or a Monza a try if I can get my hands on them...
the 2ball blade sux...the original is much better...

terryand
29th May 2004, 09:20 PM
Mau,the Monza sits great at address and the alignment to me is a lot easier than the 2ball.It also felt a little lighter than the Trihot,so that might have been an issue that took a while to get used to.

It was just a little strange, the feeling of going from the trihot insert to the very different feeling Monza insert.

To me the ball seemed to come off the Monza face a bit hotter,but that could have been just me or the unfamilar greens today.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
29th May 2004, 09:30 PM
And here i am thinking that you've actually and publicly disgraced yourself.

Tez, you need help mate ;) :lol:

terryand
29th May 2004, 10:03 PM
Fishy, the way I putted today it felt like I publicly disgraced myself :smt022 :smt099

I know I could have avoided this if I just took the old putter out for the day instead of doing the HO THING and taking an untried putter into battle,which it was with G69 in the group and Eags playing his t!ts off :shock:

Terry.

jaster
29th May 2004, 10:10 PM
BAH!!! Don't worry about it mate....accept the bad round and move on....your back on 5 now aren't you :(

terryand
29th May 2004, 10:21 PM
Hey yeah Jaster cool :smt081

Off 5 for the Monthly medal next Saturday :smt023

Terry.

jaster
29th May 2004, 10:27 PM
Hey yeah Jaster cool :smt081

Off 5 for the Monthly medal next Saturday :smt023

Terry.

Good work....67nett here you come :wink:

markTHEblake
29th May 2004, 10:35 PM
Terry,, i can see that you have not yet realised that putters are female. So you need to remain faithfull to one putter. If you cheat on one putter, then eventually both will go dirty on one another. It gets worse when you begin using several putters. History has proven that only Hugh Hefner has been able to score with several putters at the same time.

Apart from a couple of months indiscretion around 1982 with this sexy looking Acushnet, I have remained faithfull to my old dear putter since i started playing the game. although she is an old boiler (in fact she is older than me and is a hand me down from dad) she is mine, and rarely lets me down.

Fishman Dan
29th May 2004, 10:43 PM
Fishy, the way I putted today it felt like I publicly disgraced myself :smt022 :smt099

I know I could have avoided this if I just took the old putter out for the day instead of doing the HO THING and taking an untried putter into battle,which it was with G69 in the group and Eags playing his t!ts off :shock:

Terry.

Ah, a HO comes face to face with reality ;)
Needless to say, but i'm sure G69 may have even passed comment during the round.
G69 - does this mental disintegration have anything to do with you?

Iain
30th May 2004, 01:41 AM
G69 - does this mental disintegration have anything to do with you?

G69 probably thinks it did... :P

Don't worry about it Terry, I don't think those greens are one's to be trying an unfamiliar putter on??

Jarro
30th May 2004, 08:37 AM
two words Tezza ..........

SCOTTY CAMERON :smt023

even the great anti-ho himself (golfer69) expressed his admiration for my putter yesterday :smt103

terryand
30th May 2004, 09:44 AM
Blakey,LMAO stop it your killin me...But I think your right :smt047

Back to the Trihot today and the silky smooth putting stroke came back :smt036

Jarro,G69 was interested till he looked on ebay while we where in the chat room.I felt him fall off his chair through the puter when he saw the prices on ebay :smt042

Terry.

Jarro
30th May 2004, 09:51 AM
Jarro,G69 was interested till he looked on ebay while we where in the chat room.I felt him fall off his chair through the puter when he saw the prices on ebay :smt042

Terry.

:smt081 :smt046 :lol:

jaster
30th May 2004, 09:56 AM
LOL I got my TRIHOT 2 for free and traded it for a Cameron :P

Jarro
30th May 2004, 10:08 AM
True story jarro..I was so impressed with the feel of your thing that i went sniffing around ebay.

keep sniffin' mate .... you never know when the ONE will pop up \:D/

terryand
30th May 2004, 10:12 AM
I don't think it was my mind games that threw Tez off his stroke. He seemed to be talking himseft down from an early point in the game.

G69, I knew from an early point in the round that I had done the wrong thing.

On strange greens wih a strange putter was not a good combo.Should have stuck to a farmilar putter on unfarmilar greens to lessen the chance of grief.

Terry.

jaster
30th May 2004, 10:15 AM
I don't think it was my mind games that threw Tez off his stroke. He seemed to be talking himseft down from an early point in the game.

G69, I knew from an early point in the round that I had done the wrong thing.

On strange greens wih a strange putter was not a good combo.Should have stuck to a farmilar putter on unfarmilar greens to lessen the chance of grief.

Terry.

Did you boys play this morning?? What happened??

AndyP
30th May 2004, 11:05 AM
What have you done to our anti-ho leader? :shock: :(

Jarro
30th May 2004, 12:02 PM
What have you done to our anti-ho leader? :shock: :(

I gave him a go with my Scotty Cameron :wink: :lol:

Eag's
30th May 2004, 03:39 PM
Tezza, you haven't seen bad putting until you have seen me on one of my bad days :smt078

You knuckled down on the back nine and made a few :smt023

Jarro
30th May 2004, 03:43 PM
how'd you roll 'em at Indro today tezza :?:

Golfgirl
30th May 2004, 06:48 PM
Terry,, i can see that you have not yet realised that putters are female. So you need to remain faithfull to one putter. If you cheat on one putter, then eventually both will go dirty on one another. It gets worse when you begin using several putters. History has proven that only Hugh Hefner has been able to score with several putters at the same time.

Apart from a couple of months indiscretion around 1982 with this sexy looking Acushnet, I have remained faithfull to my old dear putter since i started playing the game. although she is an old boiler (in fact she is older than me and is a hand me down from dad) she is mine, and rarely lets me down.

And the moral is: don't p!$$ off women.... :lol: :lol:

Jarro
31st May 2004, 10:07 AM

And the moral is: don't p!$$ off women.... :lol: :lol:

.or just have a few, and rotate them regularly :P :lol:

markTHEblake
31st May 2004, 09:18 PM
Blakey,LMAO stop it your killin me...But I think your right

Too right I'm right.

My 40yo putter was only used 28 times on saturday. How do you feel now?

Mind you in context only the numbers were good, all the singles were short putts bar one and that was only 6ft for eagle, and a chip in helps.
did i mention i had an eagle? :-)

Seriously, i dont know how familiar someone gets with a putter but i dont think about how hard to hit the ball. I just take one look and hit it. I think some people actually measure how far back to take the putter?

I dont consider myself a good putter - i reckon i have a pretty awfull technique. my statistics show it too, average 32+ putts consistently for the last 4 years. Maybe i should change heads? :-)

jaster
31st May 2004, 09:34 PM
Hmm....I have an average of 30 putts for this season and 31.3 for the past 2 years since coming out of retirement. Maybe I am not as bad as I though I was 8) :P

McMw
31st May 2004, 10:42 PM
missed too many birdies today, so the Srixon is off to the bench, and the WH#2CS is back in play tomorrow...

don't think it'll help me much, but hey...doesn't bother me...
seems to bother everyone else tho... :?

had 31 putts in my 72 today... :roll:

jaster
1st June 2004, 04:29 AM
The "MONZA" just won the British PGA at Wentworth (good win to by the way!!) so it must have just been the user :wink:

goughy
1st June 2004, 06:00 AM
Maybe i should change heads? :-)

I hear they're doing an aussie version of extreme makeover.

Don't do it mtb, I didn't think you were that ugly :P :wink:

AndyP
1st June 2004, 06:54 AM
did i mention i had an eagle? :-)

Sounds like you should start a new thread. :wink:

Congrats.

Fishman Dan
1st June 2004, 08:04 AM
I just take one look and hit it. I think some people actually measure how far back to take the putter?

That's where I'm at. Big fan of the Baddeley 4-second look'n'putt.

markTHEblake
1st June 2004, 09:01 PM
I just take one look and hit it. I think some people actually measure how far back to take the putter?

i might spend a but of time behind the ball lining up, but once i approach I am sure I dont look for that long.

We were talking about this at the club earlier this year during our pennant season. Something like the first practice swing is the best stroke, so why waste it. I used to take several pratice strokes beside the ball, but now i feel that causes me to lose the mark i am putting over.

jaster
1st June 2004, 09:07 PM

i might spend a but of time behind the ball lining up, but once i approach I am sure I dont look for that long.

We were talking about this at the club earlier this year during our pennant season. Something like the first practice swing is the best stroke, so why waste it. I used to take several pratice strokes beside the ball, but now i feel that causes me to lose the mark i am putting over.

I think this approach has a lot of merit blakey but I also feel that as long as you design a routine and stick ridgedly every single time, putt after putt then this is most important thing you can do.

Golfgirl
1st June 2004, 09:12 PM

So do you make a practice stroke at all in your pre-shot routine?? :?

AndyP
2nd June 2004, 06:25 AM
I do have a couple of practice strokes before putting, however it is more to concentrate on the line of the stroke, while looking at the putt ahead. I used to get stuck straight into it after that, but lately I have become a bit static over the ball. I think I will have to fix that. :-k

Fishman Dan
2nd June 2004, 08:11 AM
I'll have a couple of practice swings before i step up to the ball. I want to feel the club brush the green, and loosen up the arms. I figure the longer i stand over the ball, the more chance i am to make a bad stroke.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2004, 10:23 AM

Not any more. on a really long putt or if I am feeling out of sorts i wil probably swing the pendulum a few times before its my turn to play.

Golfgirl
2nd June 2004, 08:46 PM

Not any more. on a really long putt or if I am feeling out of sorts i wil probably swing the pendulum a few times before its my turn to play.

OK - then it is not just me... I don't tend to take a practice swing - I feel like it makes me second guess what I am doing. Like you - I will occasionally have one if feeling particularly tense... but it is more to "loosen up".... 8)

Jarro
2nd June 2004, 09:02 PM
i take a practise swing while looking at the back of the cup, trying to visualize the ball hitting it.

1 putted the first 6 greens today so i guess it must have been working :shock: :lol:

jaster
2nd June 2004, 09:11 PM
i take a practise swing while looking at the back of the cup, trying to visualize the ball hitting it.

1 putted the first 6 greens today so i guess it must have been working :shock: :lol:

you forgot to tell us that they all were 3fters for bogey :roll: :P :wink:

Jarro
2nd June 2004, 09:21 PM

you forgot to tell us that they all were 3fters for bogey :roll: :P :wink:

Shhhhhh .. :-$ #-o

goughy
3rd June 2004, 04:43 AM

OK - then it is not just me... I don't tend to take a practice swing - I feel like it makes me second guess what I am doing. Like you - I will occasionally have one if feeling particularly tense... but it is more to "loosen up".... 8)

I never take a practice swing. Don't know why it puts me off, but it does.