PDA

View Full Version : injuries and time away from golf

sol381
4th August 2010, 04:02 PM
I was playing indoor cricket last night when i was going for a run and i tore my right calf. I knew instantly that it was a torn calf because i did the exact same injury in the exact same circumstances 4 years ago. I now have oifficially retired from indoor cricket.
Anyway, i doubt i will be back on the course until about october which is a shame because i was playing weekly and really enjoying getting out. I was wondering how many others have done non golf related injuries and how long you were out of the game and did your game suffer when you returned?
It really pisses me off but all i can do now is listen to the physio do my exercises and relax until i am well enough to walk unaided.

AndyP
4th August 2010, 11:37 PM
Not much for me that has stopped me playing golf. I've even played on a badly sprained ankle (and beat all OZgolfers on the day).

Ned
7th August 2010, 08:24 AM
Broken fingers on both hands
Ruptured Patellar ligament both knees
Ruptured ICL right knee
Torn both calf muscles
Broken nose
Torn distal biceps tendon
Broken toes both feet
Smashed right ankle
Blood clots

Hamo84
7th August 2010, 10:00 AM
bloody hell NK thats some list of injuries!!!!

sol381
7th August 2010, 11:12 AM
yeah mate. im amazed youre not in a hospital bed being fed by a tube. were you evil knievil`s stunt double.

Ned
7th August 2010, 02:04 PM
bloody hell NK thats some list of injuries!!!!

Kamikaze Wicket Keeper for about 15 years. (Indoor and Outdoor)

My Doctor in the end didn't worry about doing the consult for X-Ray referrals, it was nearly a standing order.

Indoor cricket was ranked as one of Australia's most dangerous sports for ages, ended up having to ditch both forms of the game as it was too hard and expensive to play 20+ games a week as well as medical bills and missing work.

yeah mate. im amazed youre not in a hospital bed being fed by a tube. were you evil knievil`s stunt double.

yeah mate. im amazed youre such a knowledgeable knowledge box, given the breakage's and injuries had nothing to do with needing a tube to be fed.

sms316
7th August 2010, 02:27 PM
I heard that Ned was being fed by a tube after the Pre-Champs round last year, such was his incapacitation.

Ned
7th August 2010, 02:40 PM
I heard that Ned was being fed by a tube after the Pre-Champs round last year, such was his incapacitation.

Yep have to say I did resemble that situation!

mike
7th August 2010, 03:23 PM
I once had a paper cut on my left pinky.

What's a ruptured ICL?

Yossarian
7th August 2010, 07:38 PM
Interior?

razaar
7th August 2010, 08:51 PM
Hey Ned, you failed to mention the head injuries (other than the nose).;)

Ned
7th August 2010, 09:00 PM

Sssshhh raz, the doctors said that the explosion and burns would'nt have any lasting side effects!

BrisWesty
9th August 2010, 12:29 PM

Does he now barrack for Collingwood? ;-)

Ferrins
9th August 2010, 12:45 PM
Played golf at Tasmania GC everyday for a month and got shin splints from going up and down those f**king hills. Put me out for a couple of weeks.