PDA

View Full Version : What was your best and worst shot from your last round?

Ferrins
3rd August 2010, 05:31 PM
Nudgee GC Blue Tee's

Best: Par 5 12th; 7 wood 2nd shot pin high, flag at the back tier. missed the eagle putt by a whisker.
Worst: Par 3 3rd; Cold topped a 5 iron that bounced along the ground hitting the ladies tee marker on the way.

Jarro
3rd August 2010, 05:35 PM
Matchplay against Hux at Nudgee.

Best : iron shot on the 9th hole (par 3)
Hit it pretty close with the pin on the far right-side of the green.

Worst : Opening tee-shot sprayed into the piss !!!!

henno
3rd August 2010, 05:47 PM
First game back on Saturday @ Pacific.

Best: 15th; 8-iron into the teeth from 125-ish out to a pin stuck behind the bunker. Gun barrel straight over the bunker and stuck to a couple of feet. Knocked in for bird.
Worst: 6th; cold-top 3-wood 20-30m if I'm lucky. Wipe.

KristianJ
3rd August 2010, 05:54 PM
Saturday @ Camden Valley as the supporting act to the Jono v uahmad matchplay:

Best: A long birdie putt (about 20m or so, I'd hazard a guess) on the 4th green that was on line until about a foot from the cup, where it made a sharpish left turn. I was about to get the fist ready for the biggest pump I'd ever made when the ball went off line.
Worst: Pushed a 6 iron on one of the par 3s that hit the corrugated roof of a storage shed about 12 metres to the front right of the green and probably went through the roof (although I didn't see any hole in the roof to prove it). Only just worse than missing a 2 footer for bogey on the 7th.

PerryGroves
3rd August 2010, 05:56 PM
Played at Bayview GC on Monday

Best : High drawing drive to 15ft on the shortish Par 4, 5th hole.
Worst : The 2 footer for birdie on the same hole that I hit straight through the break to lose the hole.

davepuppies
3rd August 2010, 05:59 PM
Best - 6th Par 4 - tee shot into wind, long low draw approx 250m.

worst - 3rd - 205 metre par 3, lateral water hazard all way down side. Hit a 3 iron, overcooked a draw, put it into the hazard - lost new Pro V

Minor_Threat
3rd August 2010, 06:14 PM
Last Saturday at Newcastle:

Best - 2nd shot to the 1st, 140m to flag from fairway on downhill lie in the rain. Knocked it to 2 feet.

Worst - 3rd shot to 13th Par 5. 20m pitch into wind from awesome lie in the fairway, flew the ball about 25m and it ran over the back into a divot. Lucky to get that up and down.

markTHEblake
3rd August 2010, 06:56 PM
about 3 weeks ago at Horton Park
Best: 5 iron to about 15ft on the 310m 9th.
Worst: fairly obvious.

Bruce Dickinson
3rd August 2010, 07:34 PM
Sunday at Joondalup
Best - 4 iron to to 3 feet on Dune 1, first hole of the day and had run from the car park to the tee
Worst - bladed, half shanked 62 degree wedge on Dune 6 that missed the green by about 60 feet long and right. Hit some wooden sleepers adjacent to the cart path and ricocheted back at a 45 degree angle 15 feet from the pin...missed the putt for 6-1

Hux
3rd August 2010, 08:50 PM
Matchplay against Hux at Nudgee.

Best : iron shot on the 9th hole (par 3)
Hit it pretty close with the pin on the far right-side of the green.

Worst : Opening tee-shot sprayed into the piss !!!!

I'm sure you worse than that......hard to remember amongst all the low lights :-)

Moe Norman
3rd August 2010, 09:25 PM
Last Wednesday at Indooroopilly West

Best: Tee shot on 18, 305m Par 4 - knocked it on to about 15 feet.
Worst: Approach to 15, massive drive leaving about 70m to pin from perfect lie. Knifed it over back and past the tee of the 4th. (or it could be putts 1, 2 and 3 after the best shot...)

henno
3rd August 2010, 09:28 PM
I've never knocked it on there. The ability to control a big ropey hook without it becoming "snappy" just scares me. Aim for the bunker and fire away with fairway wood then hope you wedge to the right tier of the green is my play of choice.

Good job though; I hope there were a few spectators.

Courty
3rd August 2010, 09:30 PM
Saturday just gone (Monthly Medal at Cairns GC).

Best shot: Approach on the Index 1 Par 4 4th hole. I smoked a drive long & left and it landed on a cartpath sending it even further long & left.. My ball was sitting on a mound (ball below my feet) and the green was unsighted behind some trees. Stiffed a 7 iron to about 4 feet and made the birdie putt. 8)

Worst shot: "Approach" on the Par 4 16th. I had skanked a 3w into the left rough and had about 170m in. I grabbed 5 iron and hit flush in the middle of the hosel. It cleared the lake, the tree line, and the adjoining fairway and bounded into the hazard on the other side, never to be seen again. :roll:

Moe Norman
3rd August 2010, 09:31 PM
I tried the ropey draw, but pulled it a little and it just went dead straight and rolled on.

There was a decent audience. I was playing poorly and called on the tee that I was having a crack and got ribbed by my playing partners. The group in front were part of our gang and were standing right on the edge of the green. I didn't admit to them tha I was trying to hit a draw though, it was completely deliberate that I hit it arrow straight!

Yossarian
3rd August 2010, 09:40 PM
Bruce D you really need a wedge lesson!

Mine was a high high draw 8 iron from the wrong fairway over some trees to a pin tucked about a foot behind a bunker. Knocked it to about 3 foot.

The worst... well the words fudging ghey fade were heard a bit at Spalding Park.

henno
3rd August 2010, 09:52 PM
I tried the ropey draw, but pulled it a little and it just went dead straight and rolled on.

There was a decent audience. I was playing poorly and called on the tee that I was having a crack and got ribbed by my playing partners. The group in front were part of our gang and were standing right on the edge of the green. I didn't admit to them tha I was trying to hit a draw though, it was completely deliberate that I hit it arrow straight!

That's a hellava carry, you must have snotted it! (Although pulls usually do have that little bit of extra oomph.) Regardless, they would have been impressed that you took the Tiger line to the green by simply bombing straight at the pin.

Yossarian
3rd August 2010, 09:55 PM
I always go straight for the pin!

henno
3rd August 2010, 09:58 PM
I always go straight for the pin!

Even when it's 250+ carry, with nothing but overhanging trees, bark, mulch and then a huge water carry right up to the green? There is literally no margin for error on the line Moe took, apart from 20 feet in front of the tee box. That why most people play a draw, so if it stays straight it remains on the fairway at least.

EDIT: Linky (http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.518869,152.996949&z=19&t=h&nmd=20100608) - everything within 5 metres of the water ends up in the piss; it all slopes that way.

KristianJ
3rd August 2010, 09:59 PM
The worst... well the words fudging ghey fade were heard a bit at Spalding Park.

Sounds a lot like my gheyest fade ever at the Hunter Valley GC in June. The ball from my tee shot on the 2nd hole was eventually discovered just to the right of the 4th tee. Using Nearmap, I'm estimating that it was an 80m slice. Choice words were indeed uttered.

Yossarian
3rd August 2010, 10:03 PM
Even when it's 250+ carry, with nothing but overhanging trees, bark, mulch and then a huge water carry right up to the green? There is literally no margin for error on the line Moe took, apart from 20 feet in front of the tee box. That why most people play a draw, so if it stays straight it remains on the fairway at least.

It is all about firing at the pin Henno, strategy doens't come into it! ;)

How far forward did it go Kristian? I hit 50m forward 100m right once. Good times.

markTHEblake
3rd August 2010, 10:05 PM
Best shot: Approach on the Index 1 Par 4 4th hole. I smoked a drive long & left and it landed on a cartpath sending it even further long & left.. is that the safe line now to avoid that penal water hazard on the right?

Moe Norman
3rd August 2010, 10:10 PM
That's a hellava carry, you must have snotted it! (Although pulls usually do have that little bit of extra oomph.) Regardless, they would have been impressed that you took the Tiger line to the green by simply bombing straight at the pin.

Nah, it landed about 10-15m shot of the green and ran on. Must have the down slope of the little valley. It finished about there the bloke on the right is in the nearmap image

Edit: oh and it wasn't the back tee, it was the one immediately in front of it.

henno
3rd August 2010, 10:17 PM
Did you get the birdie? ;-)

markTHEblake
3rd August 2010, 10:38 PM
Nah, it landed about 10-15m shot of the green and ran on. Must have the down slope of the little valley. It finished about there the bloke on the right is in the nearmap image

For the life of me i cant figure out which hole is 18W, based on the description you are all giving. and assuming it points to the clubhouse.

henno
3rd August 2010, 10:44 PM
For the life of me i cant figure out which hole is 18W, based on the description you are all giving. and assuming it points to the clubhouse.

Post #18 is rather helpful.

mike
3rd August 2010, 10:53 PM
Best shot: Approach on the Index 1 Par 4 4th hole. I smoked a drive long & left and it landed on a cartpath sending it even further long & left

is that the safe line now to avoid that penal water hazard on the right?wrong hole, dufus.

KristianJ
3rd August 2010, 10:59 PM
It is all about firing at the pin Henno, strategy doens't come into it! ;)

How far forward did it go Kristian? I hit 50m forward 100m right once. Good times.

Crude editing of a Nearmap screenshot:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5598/gheyfade.jpg

Black line = where ball should have gone
Red line = general direction of ball and landing spot as the crow flies. Actual path would be more of an arc.

And I believe I took hybrid off the tee on this occasion. Hooking machine my bum.

markTHEblake
3rd August 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #18 is rather helpful.

Read new posts does not go back if there are edits though.

but Holy crap, heaps of changes compared to Google maps, the practice fairways have moved (in fact the only thing i remembered from Indo was the actual practice layout) I was last there while the club was still at St Lucia

wrong hole, dufus.

i see that now, but how did you know that?

henno
3rd August 2010, 11:02 PM
You must have read it quick; my edit was inside 3 minutes.

mike
3rd August 2010, 11:07 PM
wrong hole, dufus.

i see that now, but how did you know that?Everyone knows you're a dufus.

markTHEblake
3rd August 2010, 11:12 PM
You must have read it quick; my edit was inside 3 minutes.

That wouldn't be the definition of quick, it just meant i happened to read it once inside that 3 minutes.

A professional would have noticed that people had read it already (as the edit comment appears when that happens) and would therefor miss it this critical info, so he would have converted it to a new post as a common courtesy.

Either that or he just doesn't give a rats.

Edit: not to mention my cry for help should have made it bleeding obvious.
by the way, you still owe me that six pack!

Moe Norman
4th August 2010, 07:27 AM
Did you get the birdie? ;-)

Last Wednesday at Indooroopilly West

Best: Tee shot on 18, 305m Par 4 - knocked it on to about 15 feet.
Worst: Approach to 15, massive drive leaving about 70m to pin from perfect lie. Knifed it over back and past the tee of the 4th. (or it could be putts 1, 2 and 3 after the best shot...)

Post 11 should help with your enquiry

Ferrins
4th August 2010, 07:33 AM
18th at Indro, could be left into the duck pond or right into the Asian lads on the chipping green or on the green for glory. Top shot!!

timah!
4th August 2010, 10:38 AM
Windaroo a few weeks ago, 11th hole (Par 3)

Worst: Deplorable domed 9iron into the lovely gully-type area.
Best: The recovery to 1ft to save par...

WBennett
4th August 2010, 10:58 AM
Played TG at GL last week - match all square - me 3 up front, him 3 up back

Best: Drive on 1 - tees were forward but had 75 in - so a 250m drive to start the day. I can't remember hitting driver that well on the first ever before.
Worst: Approach on 18 had to be a big hook around a tree. Hooked too much, missed the green left, had a 10 metre pitch up a slope to a tight pin off a crap lie. Had to get cute, so trip a Phil flop. It flopped about a foot. TG wins the hole and squares the match.

TourFit
4th August 2010, 11:27 AM
Best: 6 iron on 5...3W clipped trees on the right and dropped. Had 158 to carry the deep front pot. Stiffed it to 4ft.
Worst: The very next shot !!!

AndyP
4th August 2010, 11:40 PM
Today, Kurri Kurri GC.

Best: Chip in on 18 for a bird.
Worst: Result-wise it was a 3I from the trees that hit the middle of a trunk and went 30m behind me into some serious rough. That shot was worth two and a half on the scorecard.

Dotty
5th August 2010, 06:56 AM
Pennant Hills - Too many worthy contenders.

Best - Any of the 3 shots to birdie on 8th.
Worst - Any of the 13 shots to triple bogey on the 6th and 7th.

Ferrins
5th August 2010, 08:44 AM
Nudgee Sth course. yesterday.

Best: Par 3 16th to inside 2 ft for NTP
Worst: Any of the 3 wedges that missed the green from 60 to 80 metres out.

BrisVegas
5th August 2010, 01:50 PM
Monthly Medal last sat.

Best. High, cut 5wood to 20 feet on the par 3 7th from 200m.
Worst. Domed driver off the 10th (my first) tee that lodged in a shrub. Unplayable.

KristianJ
5th August 2010, 03:17 PM
Glenmore Heritage today:

Best: 25m bunker shot (4th) to the par 5 13th green - one bounce then checked about 2 feet from the hole. Easy tap in for par.
Worst: Besides 2 flubbed greenside chips, it would be my tee shot on the par 4 7th. Cold topped, and I watched as the ball dribbled down the fairway, spraying dew into the air as it did so.

LeftyHoges
5th August 2010, 04:27 PM
Best shot: a 5 wood off the deck from 230m that went absolute bullet straight on the 18th at Dartmoor (460m par 5) to about 20 feet pin high left for eagle (was trying for a little draw).
Worst shot: A chip and run 7 iron from 20m that travelled about 35m. Can anyone say brain fart???

Ferrins
5th August 2010, 04:45 PM
Best shot: a 5 wood off the deck from 230m that went absolute bullet straight on the 18th at Dartmoor (460m par 5) to about 20 feet pin high left for eagle (was trying for a little draw).
Worst shot: A chip and run 7 iron from 20m that travelled about 35m. Can anyone say brain fart???
I think that's called a thump and run.

LeftyHoges
5th August 2010, 05:03 PM
I think that's called a thump and run.

Correct, and I can guarantee you I called it worse than that.... :-)

sms316
4th December 2010, 08:14 PM
Worst shot - aiming at NK's foot with a slingshot while he was taking a slash and missing.

Best shot - hitting him in the head instead.

timah!
4th December 2010, 08:42 PM
Best: Drive on 17, put to position A off the blues, walked off with par. Best hole.
Worst: Iron off tee on 14, led to terrible hole.

Notable mention: putt on 5 to scramble a horrible bogey...

Dcanto
5th December 2010, 12:53 AM
Worst shot - aiming at NK's foot with a slingshot while he was taking a slash and missing.

Best shot - hitting him in the head instead.

Wouldn't have hurt him - his skull is too thick. :wink:

sms316
5th December 2010, 11:09 AM
Best part was that since he was mid-slash he was more concerned about pissing inside his rain pants, rather than the flesh wound.

Daves
6th December 2010, 08:22 AM
Tee shot at the par 3 5th at Brookie yesterday. Was at the height of the rain. Felt the grip go at the top of the backswing but could not save it, shank into the trees!. Reloaded and put it to about 10 ft!

BrisVegas
6th December 2010, 08:27 AM
Best - tee shot on 9th yesterday up the middle to 80-90m out.

Worst - any one of the hitlers I had in the bunkers or the three putts. Oh, actually the shank I hit on 17 that ended up near the Brookwater land sales office was a low point too.

Lucasto23
6th December 2010, 08:38 AM
Best -Tee Shot on 8th with my 18* hybrid as i was only 15m behind nudgees drive :)
Worst - Tee shot with 20* hybrid on first, shanked and only went 120m :( loss of hole

dave1
13th December 2010, 09:57 PM
Played today.....9

worst....was a ducked hook on the 1st tee box...luckily it hit a tree flush and bounced out.....made 5 (par 4)

best was on 9...slightly downwind par 5 (500m).....my second shot 3 wood (13 deg) smashed a huge draw that just kep going and landed 5 feet sheet of the green...chip and bird putt

my 13 deg 3 wood is my favorite club

Yossarian
13th December 2010, 10:00 PM
It is good to get it within a sheet of the green!

Goldy
13th December 2010, 10:03 PM
Best: Tee shot on the 15th that got me NTP win - I was JUST on the green, a long way from the pin - makes me think I was the only one in the comp who actually hit the green.

Worst - bunted a drive off the heel to about 30 metres.

LeftyHoges
13th December 2010, 11:05 PM
Worst: tie between the 55 metre cold top off the first tee, the following block slice that was just woeful or the pitching wedge on 2 that travelled 30 metres long and left of the target. Probably the top though.

Best: tie between the 15 yard draw 4 iron across the wind from 190 to 15 feet to set up an eagle putt or the bombed drive arrow straight down 17 that travelled 220ish into what must have been a 40 km/h wind by that stage. Caught every piece of that little bugger. Probably the 4 iron though, just.

TheNuclearOne
13th December 2010, 11:13 PM
Worst - Two duffed recovery shots out of tree's. One i had a buried rock right in front and went at it soft so as not to root my iron, the other was just poor concentration. Routine recovery shots may be the most taken for granted shots in golf effort wise.

Best - Delightful little 5 hybrid onto the back tier (par 3) with the pin of a very very tight green.

LeftyHoges
13th December 2010, 11:25 PM
Routine recovery shots may be the most taken for granted shots in golf effort wise.

Agreed. The amount of people I play with every round that don't play these shots anywhere near how they should, mainly because of lack of effort is astounding. It's one thing to get out of the trees, but another if your next shot involves a 30 yard hook because you didn't hit your escape hard enough.

Astounding.

mUTHA
14th December 2010, 02:42 PM
best - 1st hole at home club. 2nd round id played. 7iron 4ft short of the green 8ft short of the pin then chipping in and winning a carton from my partner. first birdie aswell.

worst - round on sat just gone. playing against a 12 and 14 h'cappers and owing a jug for not making it past the ladies tee...... which was 4ft infront of me. bloody great recovery with the 3iron to shut them up again.

Pieface
14th December 2010, 02:48 PM
Played my first bit of golf in 5 weeks on Sunday...plenty of ammo for the bad box, unfortunately.

Stand out bad shot: Sliced 6 iron on the first to pin high and 40m right of the green. Set the tone for the day.

(Only) Good Shot: 25' par putt on the 9th for my only par of the round. Hit it just right and she curled into the hole after breaking 6 inches left in the last two or three feet.

macjackass
14th December 2010, 03:03 PM
Worst: a shank sand wedge pitch that went into the water about 8 metres away :oops:

Best: A 30 metre pitch with the same club to about 2 feet to make an ugly par.

Grunt
14th December 2010, 03:45 PM
Mt Broughton - Sunday

Worst - Too many - probably the tee shot on 11, about 15m forward and 25 up.

Best - 4i into the wind from around 165m on 14 to make GIR. Showed what I can do when I get it right

macjackass
14th December 2010, 03:49 PM
Mt Broughton - Sunday

Worst - Too many - probably the tee shot on 11, about 15m forward and 25 up.

Best - 4i into the wind from around 165m on 14 to make GIR. Showed what I can do when I get it right

The one on the first wasn't your best work, either :razz:

Grunt
14th December 2010, 03:56 PM
That went almost 100. there were lots worse than that.

IanO
14th December 2010, 04:05 PM
Sunday at Kooringal on the way to my worst round in 8 months
Best - 4th - perfect drive 240 m to middle right of the fairway leaving 145 m to pin
Worst - 4th - completely shanked my "easy" 7 iron and it traveled about 65 m to the right and stopped directly behind a huge gum tree with no shot at the green!

Dotty
14th December 2010, 04:06 PM
Grunt, your tee shot on 11 was better than last year. :)

Same place and time.
Worst - 10th tee after a couple of stubbies
Best - Any topped hybrid, 7i or wedge, that just skirted the greenside bunker and curved around toward the pin.

Grunt
14th December 2010, 04:23 PM
Grunt, your tee shot on 11 was better than last year. :)

Same place and time.
Worst - 10th tee after a couple of stubbies
Best - Any topped hybrid, 7i or wedge, that just skirted the greenside bunker and curved around toward the pin.

And I won the hole both times I may have the hole as a demon but TG has stronger demons.