PDA

View Full Version : $1000 USD Golf Shopping spree in Honolulu - shopping list

rhino62
2nd August 2010, 10:41 PM
Heading to Honolulu in a months time & will have $1000 for golf specific purchases. Apart from the obiglatory hat/shirt souvenirs these are a few things I am considering:
Golf shoes - something in a EEE fitting - currently use Footjoy superlites
Cobra TWS 2 hybrid to go with my 3 hybrid
Golf balls - ProVs $45 USD
Set of irons (although my Cobra FPs are only 12 mths old)

We have a 32 kilo baggage limit & I don't plan on taking too much over. So anyone got any more ideas to add to the shopping list?=P~

PeteyD
2nd August 2010, 10:49 PM
Golf balls are heavy crap to take on a flight. Spend the $$ on hookers and beer :D

3oneday
3rd August 2010, 06:29 AM
Do you have to pay gst when you return ?

rhino62
3rd August 2010, 07:31 AM
Do you have to pay gst when you return ?

Don't think so. When we came back from NZ we only had to declare if we had more than $1000 duty free (I think)

Captain Nemo
3rd August 2010, 07:47 AM
Mate, just stick all your stuff in a new golf bag, hit the grass with a few, like you took them over to play!

PerryGroves
3rd August 2010, 08:50 AM
Not sure about Hawaii as I was in Florida / East Coast last year. I didn't find it that cheap going to the Edwin Watts etc. Found it cheaper to buy online from over here (AUD was comparable). Pretty sure the last bulk order we did, we landed Pro V's for $55 AUD. Clothes including golf gear are ludicrously cheap (or we pay way too much) at the outlet malls. I would load up on jeans, golf shorts, shirts, golf balls are too heavy.

Baudwalker
3rd August 2010, 08:56 AM
Mate, just stick all your stuff in a new golf bag, hit the grass with a few, like you took them over to play!

Just make sure you leave only STAINS and no material

Quarantine are more vicious than customs and their charge rate for club cleaning leaves any resort in the world looking like a freebee

Same with the shoes if you intend to wear them ... CLEAN THEM PROPERLY or suffer

Captain Nemo
3rd August 2010, 09:07 AM
Absolutel, i was pertaining to leaving ball marks etc.... so they look like they have been hit!

Johnny Canuck
3rd August 2010, 09:25 AM
the two times my shoes were a little dirty i got a complimentary cleaning.

BrisVegas
3rd August 2010, 09:42 AM
Titleist 710 CB/MB combos. Spend the other $400 on margaritas or Footjoys.

rodders
3rd August 2010, 04:28 PM
the two times my shoes were a little dirty i got a complimentary cleaning.

Me too!. Funnily enough I was stuck in a line last month with 2 other guys who also had golf bags - could see a pattern forming.

Guys at customs were great. Quick scrub down of my shoes and on my way. No charge.