PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Ping Eye 2+ irons

Timbo
1st August 2010, 09:35 PM
I recently sold my almost new MP-52s to a guy I know, and he lent me his Ping Eye 2+'s until I get another set. Well I've fallen for them, and his set isn't for sale. It's feels like trading in a 19 y.o. stunner for a middle aged cougar, but love is blind.

Anyone got a set of Eye 2+ or Eye 2+ (no +)? I prefer green dot, but white is OK. The set I'm using is the BeCu model which I'd prefer, but I'd look at steel too.

Will also look at other dot colours in BeCu with a view to adjusting the lie.

henno
1st August 2010, 09:40 PM
I have the perfect set: BeCu Eye2+ green dot 1-PW.

And you have no chance of taking them from me. :lol:

Captain Nemo
2nd August 2010, 07:59 AM
LOL, :mrgreen:
I have some PING ZING 2's and like my friend above me, NO CHANCE as well!;)
ebay is your friend, especially 3balls.

Webster
2nd August 2010, 08:28 AM
Timbo, I have a set of 4-PW EYE2+ in green dot VGC, KT stiff shafts, newish Lambkin grips. They play 1/2 inch shorter than standard. Let me know if you are interested as I will be moving these on shortly.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/threeputtzalot/00098.jpg

damoocow
2nd August 2010, 08:54 PM
Having never hit any ping irons, just wondering what the difference is between the Eye 2's and the Ping Zings in terms of forgiveness/playability etc. Ping Zings can be bought cheap - but as they're getting on as well not sure how the condition would change how they play.

AndyP
2nd August 2010, 09:04 PM
Is the 7W in that pic for sale?

Oldplayer
2nd August 2010, 10:48 PM
I recently sold my almost new MP-52s to a guy I know, and he lent me his Ping Eye 2+'s until I get another set. Well I've fallen for them, and his set isn't for sale. It's feels like trading in a 19 y.o. stunner for a middle aged cougar, but love is blind.

Anyone got a set of Eye 2+ or Eye 2+ (no +)? I prefer green dot, but white is OK. The set I'm using is the BeCu model which I'd prefer, but I'd look at steel too.

Will also look at other dot colours in BeCu with a view to adjusting the lie.

All pings are a hard casting but the be-cu irons can be especially brittle. I would seriously not recommend trying to bend a set more than a degree or so. Ping make customers sign a disclaimer on be-cu heads if they are asked to adjust them.

Oldplayer
2nd August 2010, 10:52 PM
Having never hit any ping irons, just wondering what the difference is between the Eye 2's and the Ping Zings in terms of forgiveness/playability etc. Ping Zings can be bought cheap - but as they're getting on as well not sure how the condition would change how they play.

Zings have a bigger head with more offset than the eye 2's. They play with more forgivness but are far more chunky. The eye 2's are better looking and have plenty of forgivness. They are so hard they are virtually indestructable and unless a set is totally beat up they will play as well as the day thewy were made.

Oldplayer
2nd August 2010, 11:00 PM
Timbo, I have a set of 4-PW EYE2+ in green dot VGC, KT stiff shafts, newish Lambkin grips. They play 1/2 inch shorter than standard. Let me know if you are interested as I will be moving these on shortly.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/threeputtzalot/00098.jpg

How do you like the KT shafts? I am not a fan. I bought a be-cu set with them and thought they were very harsh and felt unresponsive. I had an old set of stainless eye 2's with ZZ lites that i really liked so i swapped them into the be-cu +'s. The difference was night and day for me. Out of all the ping shafts I think the ZZ lites and ZZ-65's are the best.

Webster
3rd August 2010, 06:41 AM
I like the KT shafts a lot. The JZ shafts are the crappy ones.

Captain Nemo
3rd August 2010, 07:56 AM
My ZING 2's have zz65's, i like the shafts alot!
They are 10 or so years old, anjd look like new!
Like 69 said, chipping with the shorter irons is a little off putting, i only use a gappy and sand wedge anyway so no problems.
They are ultra forgining, im using mine atm to get back into playing a little more consistent, and virge is reshafting my Cally's.
The offset is a little hard for the "better" player as i tend to turn my subtle draw into a big draw/hook, no prob's i just aim a little more right.
They are industructible, give them a buff every 2 years or so they will last 20, prob go thru more sets of shafts b4 you get sick of the heads!

Captain Nemo
3rd August 2010, 07:57 AM
I like the KT shafts a lot. The JZ shafts are the crappy ones.

And the CS Light's!

Timbo
3rd August 2010, 08:41 AM
All pings are a hard casting but the be-cu irons can be especially brittle. I would seriously not recommend trying to bend a set more than a degree or so. Ping make customers sign a disclaimer on be-cu heads if they are asked to adjust them.

I've heard the BeCu's break too, but I've also heard the only reason Ping make you sign the disclaimer is because they can't be replace them if they do stuff them up. The borrowed set I'm using now was originally 1 degree flat, they are now 3 degrees upright. That's a big bend and not one casualty in the whole set.

Bushka
3rd August 2010, 08:46 AM
Have a mate with a 1 to LW set thats never been hit still in the packaging though I think he'd probably want a fair bit to part with them.

I use srixons at present but have been seroiusly considering grabbing my old mans BeCu ping eye 2's to give em a shot.

Webster
3rd August 2010, 08:55 AM
Best not to bend the BeCu's - better to just wait and find the right dot. The resale is compromised if they have been bent.

henno
3rd August 2010, 09:02 AM
How much are you asking for the set you've got, Jack? Are they only 4-W?

Webster
3rd August 2010, 09:08 AM
$260 posted. 4-PW

Captain Nemo
3rd August 2010, 09:14 AM
Depends what shafts and grip condition?

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
3rd August 2010, 03:13 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CLASSIC-PING-ISI-3-PW-IRONS-COPPER-TITLEIST-BALLS-/150475012715?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Sport_Golf_Equipment&hash=item2309027a6b

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
3rd August 2010, 03:28 PM
worh watching though isnt it?