PDA

View Full Version : Adams drivers: 9015D

Captain Nemo
29th July 2010, 01:11 PM
I remember a while ago there was a bit of a fad over these and a few guys bought heads only?
Interested to see how many guys still own 1, and how do they play?
You can always pickup just heads only of these on the bay.

3oneday
29th July 2010, 02:27 PM
I think it was more the 9015D wasn't it ?

Captain Nemo
29th July 2010, 02:36 PM
Post amended!
So how do these go and who still has one?

MegaWatty
29th July 2010, 02:40 PM
Still got mine. Only getting better. I really can't see anything replacing it.

You interested in a 10.5 with a real Voodoo?

Captain Nemo
29th July 2010, 02:42 PM
No! :mrgreen:
Just curious.;)

MegaWatty
29th July 2010, 02:47 PM
No! :mrgreen:
Just curious.;)

You sure? I have a spare one. Best thing in my bag I reckon. Simmsy might chime in.

Captain Nemo
29th July 2010, 02:52 PM
Head only!:mrgreen:

TourFit
29th July 2010, 03:47 PM
I like 'em...but then again, having said that, they're not "ALL THAT" when it comes to driver heads.

They are good for the price, under-rated because they are Adams, and perform solidly...but be aware that they seem to be quite hard to best match up due to generally open face angles and lowish spin rates etc...(read: mainly for the 'better' players!).

Flavzz
29th July 2010, 06:59 PM
I'm still gaming mine Titleist. Great driver. 9.5 with matrix 60s. Sets up a little open and just let her rip. Nice solid sound and good feel off the face. Can shape it both ways. Got it off 3 balls. Only issue is I would get more loft cos I got a 9.5 which I hit a bit low. What stuff have u hit in the past?

Johnny Canuck
29th July 2010, 09:24 PM
It is an awesome head. Very long. However, it is very moody when trying to fit the right shaft to it.

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2010, 09:52 PM
Pigeons...Cat...Pigeons

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Adams-9015D-Driver-stiff-w-UST-axiv-red-shaft-10-5-used-/180538952747?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Sport_Golf_Equipment&hash=item2a08f5cc2b

MegaWatty
29th July 2010, 10:06 PM
Low spin head with that shaft. OUCH!

Johnny Canuck
29th July 2010, 10:24 PM
mega, i forgot i even had yours.i need to bring it back into my driver trials now that i'm hitting it higher.

simmsy
29th July 2010, 11:11 PM
yeah what Mega said - this is a great driver, it's the only thing mega has got going for him really.:razz:

but it really is one of the best ball flights when matched with the right shaft and someone that can handle the open face.

henno
29th July 2010, 11:13 PM
I know the saga gets big wraps on golfwrx, but what's "the right shaft"?

And I don't mean brands really, I mean characteristics.

MegaWatty
30th July 2010, 12:08 AM
I know the saga gets big wraps on golfwrx, but what's "the right shaft"?

And I don't mean brands really, I mean characteristics.

My SAGA just arrived. Wanna try it JC?

Johnny Canuck
30th July 2010, 12:44 AM
oh yeah!

MegaWatty
30th July 2010, 02:27 AM
oh yeah!

You look after fits work and away you go.

Simmsy. Geek head = yours.

IanO
30th July 2010, 10:24 AM
I have one matched with a Voodoo Stiff shaft and love it :mrgreen:

During a lesson the other day the pro was telling me what a great club it is as well

TourFit
30th July 2010, 02:18 PM
My SAGA just arrived....

And now a new Saga begins...:roll:

...Wanna try it JC? And you too TourFit !!!

oh yeah! Thanks.

MegaWatty
30th July 2010, 02:24 PM
You'll be doing all the work. You can do what you want with it mate.

TourFit
30th July 2010, 02:31 PM
... what's "the right shaft"? And I don't mean brands really, I mean characteristics.

Oh boy...the million dollar question henno!!! To me it is the greyest of grey areas...

As far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as the right shaft... mainly because there are too many other variables involved. There are good combinations and bad combinations, and plenty in between. I know heaps of people that change shafts when things don't quite work out, rather than changing some of those other club variables (such as swingweight and length). The head plays a big part too...swapping a different head onto a particular shaft can make a world of difference.

It is the playing COMBINATION of head, shaft & grip that makes the club. If it doesn't work, the hard part is to figure out which part isn't working !!! That's why I suggest that each individual is VERY different, and each club combination can be very different. How many times have you reshafted a driver head and it works MUCH better than the previous shaft (or vice versa)??

THERE ARE NO RIGHT & WRONG ANSWERS. But there are good and bad results...desired and undesired outcomes.

If there was a perfect shaft there wouldn't be as many on the market or any need for us to ho...and that would be sad.

TourFit
30th July 2010, 02:34 PM
My SAGA just arrived.

And now a new Saga begins...:roll:

You'll be doing all the work. You can do what you want with it mate.

Like sands through the hourglass...so are the days of my life!!!!

MegaWatty
30th July 2010, 02:36 PM
My set up is 10.5 with a Made For 65g VS Proto stiff.

Fit just reminded me that I have also adjusted the swing weight with a fair bit of lead tape.

TNO helped a fair bit in helping me find the right combo and weight. He wouldn't let me give up on it.

henno
30th July 2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the informative post TF. Although I do realise that there is no "perfect" shaft for everyone or everything, I was just wondering if there was a "favourable" shaft characteristic that suited the nuances that seem to surround the 9015D head.

TourFit
30th July 2010, 02:56 PM

In BRIGHT yellow !!!

'Fit just reminded me that I have also adjusted the swing weight with a fair bit of lead tape.

Time to rectify that by removing tape and weighting up 'properly'...either tip weight or rat glue in head !!!

MegaWatty
30th July 2010, 03:08 PM
I like to call it Gold. It's the Cobra one. I just received the Ghey Aqua one the other day.

I'm too nervous to touch it mate. It's worked so well that I think I'm going to leave it as is. If the SAGA doesn't work in the other head, we'll try and make it the same as the original with the Aqua shaft but done properly.

TourFit
30th July 2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the informative post TF. Although I do realise that there is no "perfect" shaft for everyone or everything, I was just wondering if there was a "favourable" shaft characteristic that suited the nuances that seem to surround the 9015D head.

Oh...OK.

Because it is open faced (usually) and is relatively low spin and lowish launch, it means that for 'average' golfers the head characteristics are further from ideal than perhaps they should be. In the same way, it is like a 22 'capper using a TM TP driver head...it becomes much more shaft critical because of the likelihood of the wrong type of head specs.

If it is being used by lower markers, with higher swing speeds and ball speeds, then the head is more suited to their swing type and ability...so shaft selection becomes more personal preference and 'fine-tuning'

TheNuclearOne
30th July 2010, 03:30 PM

Fit just reminded me that I have also adjusted the swing weight with a fair bit of lead tape.

TNO helped a fair bit in helping me find the right combo and weight. He wouldn't let me give up on it.

If you have the game for an open face and quite low spin it's well worth going thru a few shaft trials for. Great head this one.

henno
30th July 2010, 03:33 PM
Fair enough. I'll just chuck my oban in this one and see how it feels; spin and swingspeed are not issues I struggle with.

Pieface
30th July 2010, 03:34 PM
9015D hits high blocks to the right and snap hooks just as good as my SGI driver with a closed face TF :) :p

TourFit
30th July 2010, 04:52 PM
9015d hits high blocks to the right and snap hooks just as good as any driver i would hit, because i'm a giant, inconsistent choppa!!!

Fixed.

Otherwise known as...:horse:

Pieface
30th July 2010, 05:20 PM
It's a talent i know ;)

I am actually hitting the Adams pretty straight but the trajectory is way low costing me distance. I guess it is the hazardous combination of a players club and a grandma's SS :lol:

MegaWatty
30th July 2010, 05:26 PM
Yoss still loving his with stock Ozik in it?

TourFit
30th July 2010, 11:16 PM
But he also used to flush his TEE Hybrid with Axiv Blue in it... he also used to putt great with the SC Red X (according to him)...and they are both GAWN. So it's only a matter of time!

simmsy
30th July 2010, 11:31 PM
heard from him today, reckons he's driving like a heroin addict going through withdrawls. So yeah i dare say there will be another 9015d up for sale real soon.

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 03:50 PM
I remember a while ago there was a bit of a fad over these and a few guys bought heads only?
Interested to see how many guys still own 1, and how do they play?
You can always pickup just heads only of these on the bay.

I've had mine a fair while now, it is still the best driver I've hit. Fairly forgiving, nice launch angle, the stock shaft is pretty much perfect for me. Def worth picking one up and playing around with IMO. Saw a couple go for 60 bucks the other night!

Captain Nemo
2nd August 2010, 07:13 PM
???? ebay US?

MegaWatty
2nd August 2010, 07:14 PM
Keep an eye out for Tim The Puttermans auctions. That's where the cheap ones are hiding.

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah on 3balls, so obviously postage comes into it. They only seem to throw a couple on at a time.

ParMaster
6th August 2010, 11:08 PM
Just had a hit of my 9015D tonight at the range. What a very nice club. It doesn't seem to come off the club fast (looks and feels like the balls going pretty short), but towards the end of the ball flight I'm just like "awesome". It seems to have a penetrating ball flight which will suit the winds I play in.

And a little penetration at my age is good.

;)

TheNuclearOne
6th August 2010, 11:28 PM
And a little penetration at my age is good.

;)

I'm not even gonna go there :shock:

KristianJ
6th August 2010, 11:32 PM
I call smut.

Pup, I'll be keen to see whether you end up changing the shaft in yours, especially when you hit the FT-5 and get the chance to compare the 2 (although I think you had a hit of it when we had our matchplay if I recall correctly, so you might know what to expect). Truth be told, the stock Matrix isn't all that bad.

ParMaster
6th August 2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah I know roughly what the ft-5 is like. I like it from the one shot I had of it. :)

I have NFI how to change the shafts in drivers...so I guess I'll be sticking with the current set up.

MegaWatty
6th August 2010, 11:58 PM
I have NFI how to change the shafts in drivers.
Hmmmmmm. Try paying someone.

Yossarian
6th August 2010, 11:59 PM
First you pull it, then you lube it. Then you insert it again.

MegaWatty
7th August 2010, 12:00 AM
And make it stick!

TheNuclearOne
7th August 2010, 12:16 AM
It's best if you just insert once, as deep as you can get.

ParMaster
7th August 2010, 10:11 AM
Hmmmmmm. Try paying someone.

How much are we talkin?

MegaWatty
7th August 2010, 10:13 AM
How much are we talkin?

Talk to Virge.

KristianJ
7th August 2010, 02:01 PM
Pup, I dropped my S9-1 Pro 3 wood off to be reshafted at the On Course Golf store at the driving range/putt putt at Panthers today. It'll cost me $15, which is less than what Virge charged me per club to get my Taylormade 300s woods done. I didn't ask what their other costs were, but I bought my old Titty 755s from there and they're a quite friendly bunch.

Flavzz
7th August 2010, 03:35 PM
$15 is super cheap. I think 20-30 is the norm correct me if I'm wrong?

KristianJ
7th August 2010, 03:40 PM
That's exactly what I thought - maybe I got there on a good day or something. :)

TourFit
8th August 2010, 11:43 PM
Super Special...they saved by not using glue !!!

Ferrins
28th April 2011, 11:37 AM
Always wanted to try this driver so I pulled the trigger and bought one off Jarro, even though I could of got it for half the price from the States.

jaybam
28th April 2011, 11:41 AM
Go good ferrins. I got mine for 90 posted from wankerville.

Ferrins
28th April 2011, 11:49 AM
Haven't hit it yet, did you go for the VC custom shaft option?

jaybam
28th April 2011, 11:56 AM
Matrix ozik in mine. Hit it well up toowoomba the other week. Should be good enough to beat Dickie with on the weekend too.

Yossarian
28th April 2011, 02:15 PM
Great club.

Pencil
28th April 2011, 04:25 PM
Mines ge getting re-shafted this weekend, not any reason other than I picked up another cheap shaft.

Jarro
28th April 2011, 04:45 PM
I probably would've kept mine if i didn't like the FT-5 so much :)

TheNuclearOne
28th April 2011, 05:31 PM
Always wanted to try this driver so I pulled the trigger and bought one off Jarro, even though I could of got it for half the price from the States.

No chance.

Johnny Canuck
28th April 2011, 09:56 PM
Thinking about giving up on my Saga/9015D combo. It's lovely, but I can't hit it high enough for my home course.

hocko
28th April 2011, 10:06 PM
Thinking about giving up on my Saga/9015D combo. It's lovely, but I can't hit it high enough for my home course.
Dibs!

Johnny Canuck
28th April 2011, 10:23 PM
It could be a good solution for you. A low launching 10.5.

hocko
28th April 2011, 10:26 PM
That's what i was thinking.
You could put a whippy shaft in my 9032?

Johnny Canuck
28th April 2011, 10:28 PM
My tempo and whippy shafts are not the best match.

MegaWatty
28th April 2011, 10:51 PM
Both of mine are for sale. One shafted, one not.

hocko
28th April 2011, 10:55 PM
Both of mine are for sale. One shafted, one not.
Shaft, loft?

MegaWatty
28th April 2011, 10:58 PM

Fake VS.