PDA

View Full Version : week commencing 25 April 2005

Jarro
27th April 2005, 12:05 PM
shot a crappy 88 today at Nudgee.

i think i'll give this stupid game away  :evil:

Flowergirl
27th April 2005, 02:36 PM
Played par today - square on the front nine - square on the back. :shock: Didn't really play very well - my putting saved me quite a bit. It was a beautiful day and nice to be back playing comp. :D

Speirsy11
27th April 2005, 07:07 PM
62 at Bexley today. :lol:

terryand
27th April 2005, 07:24 PM

Nice 2 under Rob :wink: 8)

Terry.

3oneday
27th April 2005, 07:34 PM

Nice 2 under Rob :wink:  8)

Terry.what was that, a nett 48 :?: :?: :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jimandr
27th April 2005, 08:17 PM
Spiersy

What are you doing at Bexley :shock:

It's about as far away from your Vintages and Royal Sydneys and Australian's as you can get :!:

I'm not surprised you went well there. Driving most of the par 4's I would imagine :wink:

Speirsy11
27th April 2005, 08:56 PM
Spiersy

What are you doing at Bexley :shock:

It's about as far away from your Vintages and Royal Sydneys and Australian's as you can get :!:

I'm not surprised you went well there.  Driving most of the par 4's I would imagine :wink:

Bunch of buddies went out for a hit and I went along....I was actually impressed, grass everywhere, no dead spots in the rough or on greens like I expected.....it was fun...I was -4 after 6 and choked once the beers came out..... :lol:

LOTS of drivable par 4's, but I hit 5 iron off most tees to hang with my buddies....I'd almost forgotten how much fun golf can be when you are just out to relax and enjoy the day :D

McMw
27th April 2005, 11:10 PM
birdied the last to shoot level par for the 9...

only had one really WILD drive with the GBB2...but still made a GIR par from the crapper... :lol:

did hit one massive drive on the 4th tho...massive coz the wind was carrying behind, but right to left...

beat both the kids easily... :lol:

Eag's
28th April 2005, 06:16 AM

Hang in there mate, it will turn around :wink:

3oneday
28th April 2005, 06:37 AM

i think i'll give this stupid game away  :evil:I can sense some equipment changes in the wind, hmmm, putter, driver :?: :roll: :?: :roll:

Jarro
28th April 2005, 08:21 AM

i think i'll give this stupid game away  :evil:I can sense some equipment changes in the wind, hmmm, putter, driver  :?:  :roll:  :?:  :roll:

nah. me thinks a lesson is in order :oops:

Onewood
28th April 2005, 10:03 AM

Hang in there mate, it will turn around :wink:

you bet it'll turn around......tomorrow as a matter of fact.......every time Jarro is in my group he kicks my butt :cry: :D

goughy
28th April 2005, 06:56 PM
Glad I could get out of work and get in that 9 holes wht ya (although I think I hit enough shots to consider it 18 holes).

Glad you enjoyed the course, especially since your doing the work on it :wink: Had a great time and a good chat. And all those things people say about you, I don't believe any of them :wink:

Jarro
29th April 2005, 02:30 PM
83 at Wantima (par 70) today for 35 points.

started out great ... par/birdie/par/par .... then doubled a short par 3 and the wheels fell off :oops:

6 fairways
7/14 up and down successes
29 putts.

Jarro
29th April 2005, 02:53 PM
From what I hear 83 at Wantima is the equivalent of 93 anywhere else.
Sorry to be harsh mate but I just can't join in the ridiculous back patting club.

a simple "nice try'" would have sufficed :roll:

.. and for the record, i only had an 8 on the par 5 13th ..... and no 13's on any of the par 4's :wink: or 10's on any of the par 3's :P

Eag's
29th April 2005, 04:52 PM
From what I hear 83 at Wantima is the equivalent of 93 anywhere else.
Sorry to be harsh mate but I just can't join in the ridiculous back patting club.

Pull ya head in you clown :roll: lets see you come out and break 90 next time you tee it up :smt016

Eag's
29th April 2005, 04:56 PM
Played Wantima today Single Stab
38 points
8 Greens
8 Fairways
31 Putts
43 on the front 37 on the back just like last week :)

A bit rough around the edges early on, then got things going on the back :wink:

Grunt
29th April 2005, 05:58 PM
Played Mac Grange today

32 points played ok 2 wipes cost me. struck my irons really well played ok will bring me back next week.

shavey
30th April 2005, 07:28 AM
Played Blakeys famed Emmy Lakes the other day. My girlfriend has just started playing so we went out with some friends and played nine.

Haven't played the front nine in at least 10 years, still not much changed.

Did nothing special and shot even par... Blakey should be off +5 by those calculations. The girlie shot 63 for her first 9!

Onewood
30th April 2005, 06:15 PM
3rd round of club champs today, got myself right back into contention with a 39/35/74/5 = 69 8)

Mat shot 75 :(

Leader and Fav shot 67, good golf 8)

Eag's
30th April 2005, 08:22 PM
Nice shooting Kev =D> :smt023

McMw
30th April 2005, 09:08 PM
36putts in my 78 this arvo...bloody hot one too... :evil: :evil: :evil:
9 fairways, 11 greens...ouch...and 3 3-putts...

just a very very frustrating day on the greens... :roll: :roll: :roll:

andylo
30th April 2005, 10:21 PM
Shot a 49 9 hole (1-9 LOGC) with Kee this arvo with new driver. 4 penalty shots.

Criky the 905T TOUR is looooong. My gay fade is longer than Kee's 983K draw :D.... but it's not very relevant for now.

I think I finally get hold with the proper way to putt with the long putter but still need time to get use to the DFX insert  :?

Only hit 1 fairway this arvo  :? A lot of good enough 2nd shot. I need a swing can hold for 27 holes.

Lesson tomorrow??? still considering. :?

Davemason
1st May 2005, 03:49 PM
There was a 36 hole single stab comp event this weekend 33pts Sat 34pts Sun total of 67pts for the 36 holes , missed some 2foot gimmies and duffed some pretty simple chip shots.

amanda
1st May 2005, 03:51 PM
Oi (with a jewish accent) - 21 points today - 7 points on the front, 14 on the back :oops: But it didn't really bother me and I had fun all day.

shavey
1st May 2005, 05:24 PM
Murwullimbah GC

You know it is one of those days when even a crappy temporary green (have you ever seen a good looking one) still allows you to roll a fifteen footer from off the surface for a birdie. Played the game of my life and so did my partner, even though my trusty driver didn't start firing until the last few holes. Putt after putt kept dropping.. Never seen anything like it.

27 putts, 45 points with a wipe. Even par 69 (due to the temp green)

Best ever round even after tanking it on 17 after looking at the score.

Has my game turned the corner??? Let's just wait until that NEXT game...

Trung
1st May 2005, 05:28 PM
Criky the 905T TOUR is looooong.

Only hit 1 fairway this arvo  :?

Andy,

Long and more fairways = a good chance at a good score

Keep it up mate :wink:

jimandr
1st May 2005, 07:12 PM
There's some good scoring on this page of the post.

Even though my 35 points was good enough to be top score in the New Brighton OzGolf Day, it wasn't a good round in most respects.

Fairways= 6 of 13
GIR= 7 of 18
Putts= 31, 1 threeputt, 1 birdie
Up and Down= 3 of 9
Sand Saves= 1 of 1
Penalties= 2.

A few miracle saves to avoid a poor round. Again bad ball-striking, particularly off the tee. Putting was quite good though.

McMw
1st May 2005, 10:56 PM
went up to play the capital course this arvo...

the GBB2 started off WILDLY...got a couple of good ones in the middle, a couple of bad ones after that....

but then my swing was off today...couldn't hit anything I wanted to...

chipping onto their greens were bad...just no bite....and my run of 3putts continue... :roll: :roll: :roll:

finished off with an 81(+9), and a bird on the last...

Fishman Dan
2nd May 2005, 08:11 AM
35 points at New Brighton. Should have been more after turning with 21.

Found plenty of fairways, but not many GIR's. Made plenty of Up'n'Downs - with the greens coming back from maintenance they weren't super-slick which i benefited from. Around the greens i used 8-iron all day which would check and roll on command.

Putting started slow missing 3 makeable putts on 1, 2 and 3. Highlight would have been recovering from a topped drive on the 8th to make par and take the hole from Jono :)

Pinglauncher
2nd May 2005, 08:39 AM
35 points at New Brighton. Should have been more after turning with 21.

Found plenty of fairways, but not many GIR's. Made plenty of Up'n'Downs - with the greens coming back from maintenance they weren't super-slick which i benefited from. Around the greens i used 8-iron all day which would check and roll on command.

Putting started slow missing 3 makeable putts on 1, 2 and 3. Highlight would have been recovering from a topped drive on the 8th to make par and take the hole from Jono :)

Fishy

Sounds like you need a new putter :wink:

Pinglauncher
2nd May 2005, 08:43 AM
Finished -1 yesterday. Was 4 down at the turn, got it to +1 and then scrubbed the last 2 :evil: Nothing like consistency.