PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Burner Vs 2010 Superfast ?

damoocow
22nd July 2010, 10:09 PM
Haven't hit the 'old' 2009 model but demo'd the Superfast this arvo for 9 holes and really liked it - am currently playing a 44 inch shaft in the L4V and thought the longer shaft in the Superfast would be a problem but didn't really notice it.
Have any ozgolfers hit both clubs - any comparo info? The '09 Burners are cheap at the moment - if the shaft specs are similar then it may be a goer.

Johnny Canuck
22nd July 2010, 10:17 PM
I too have hit the Superfast and was very impressed.

I haven't hit the 09 Burner, but the 08, which looks similar, played very short for me. Not the help you were looking for, but my 2cents.

AP81
22nd July 2010, 11:58 PM
You're not missing out on a whole lot from the 09 Burner. The Superfast feels to me like it has a hotter face, but distance wise I don't think there is a lot of difference. That head is damn ugly as well.

FYI, I tested the superfast at a Taylormade demo night (driving range) & the 09 Burner I used was about a month ago on a course (played 18 holes with it). I haven't hide them side-by-side so I cannot give you an effective comparison. My opinion of the 09 burner is that it is a worthy piece of machinery.

TaylorMade bring out far too many clubs, and your shiny new Superfast won't be worth much in six months. Stick with 09 Burner and spend the extra money on a good shaft...

3oneday
23rd July 2010, 07:20 AM
I've hit the 09 TP and the Superfast non TP.

I found the 09 TP to be quite good and quite long, I did also like the Superfast, felt good off the face as well.

I doubt you'd go wrong with either.

WeekendHacker
23rd July 2010, 07:31 AM
I have a 09 TP and found it was shorter off the tee with the stock shaft than i thought it should be. Virge666 kindly whacked a Grafalloy Epic in it and what a completely different club it is after that. Comparing before and after it would be around 30 metres longer after the reshaft.

Lucasto23
23rd July 2010, 11:10 AM
You're not missing out on a whole lot from the 09 Burner. The Superfast feels to me like it has a hotter face, but distance wise I don't think there is a lot of difference. That head is damn ugly as well.

FYI, I tested the superfast at a Taylormade demo night (driving range) & the 09 Burner I used was about a month ago on a course (played 18 holes with it). I haven't hide them side-by-side so I cannot give you an effective comparison. My opinion of the 09 burner is that it is a worthy piece of machinery.

TaylorMade bring out far too many clubs, and your shiny new Superfast won't be worth much in six months. Stick with 09 Burner and spend the extra money on a good shaft...

This man has a point, I have hot both and the superfast seems better with the stock shaft BUT if you upgrade the 09 burner shaft it is on par and a heck of alot more cost effective :)

Captain Nemo
23rd July 2010, 12:47 PM
Reshaft any of TM's drivers with a shaft that fits your swing and you have an instant bomber!

dave1
24th July 2010, 02:22 AM
I have hit both and prefered the 09 as it didnt go as high.....shaft in both is rubbish you need to reshaft it......I had a V2 in the 09 and it was great....sold the superfast and now using a cobra s9-1 pro driver...much lower flight for windy weather

46 1/2 inch shaft is way too long IMO

TheTrueReview
24th July 2010, 11:49 PM
The TM 2010 Superfast is so yesterday ;)

Dazza
23rd August 2010, 10:20 AM
Anyone gaming the Superfast? Any reviews/feedback?

Courty
23rd August 2010, 10:32 AM
I've got the TP version in 9.5 degrees x-stiff Matrix HD6. I've only used it for a couple of rounds, most of which I was fighting my swing. However when I did get it right, this thing was longer than any of my other drivers. Feel is good, quite solid. Trajectory is nice & flat. The graphics are a little more subtle and less distracting than the previous Burner. All in all a great driver.

Tomson
23rd August 2010, 10:37 AM
Good to see you are saving the city.. ;)

Courty
23rd August 2010, 10:39 AM
Good to see you are saving the city.. ;)

I decided to stay home to see how many different things I could deep-fry. 8)

Tomson
23rd August 2010, 10:59 AM
I think I should have as well.

TheNuclearOne
23rd August 2010, 04:05 PM
Superfast TP here, in the process of dialing it in shaft wise. GREAT club. Pretty similar performance to the 2009 for me with a crisper feel.

Dazza
23rd August 2010, 06:12 PM
Had a crack with one yesterday, and was quite impressed.
Not playing enough golf at present to warrant the Version 1 Burner anymore.
It'll be either a Superfast or a 909 D2 replacing it at this stage.

Dazza
7th September 2010, 05:59 PM
Tell me, oh wise Superfast owners....

Do they all come with serial numbers? Can't seem to find one, but my 07 Burner didn't have one either.
Link to listing- http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350386196480&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

3oneday
7th September 2010, 06:24 PM
Your 07 burner was Tour Issue wasn't it ? It'd be rare to not have a serial at all.

Dazza
7th September 2010, 06:48 PM
Your 07 burner was Tour Issue wasn't it ? It'd be rare to not have a serial at all.

From what I have read- The first run of Version 1's were non-serials.

3oneday
7th September 2010, 07:07 PM
I'd expect even the Chinese would record a serial, but I dunno Daz, if it looks the goods mate get stuck in. The only affect is resale I guess.

Dazza
7th September 2010, 07:37 PM
All good, located the serial number. It seems I'm not the only blind person in this house!

3oneday
9th September 2010, 08:30 AM
So has anyone played this RIP shaft yet ?

Courty
9th September 2010, 06:48 PM
So has anyone played this RIP shaft yet ?

Tomson has one (x-stiff) in his Superdeep. Stout would be an understatement.