PDA

View Full Version : TaylorMade R7 Quad Launch - Sydney

Fishman Dan
28th May 2004, 11:06 PM
Many thanks to Burger for this, but i also have to thank the other web forum for being able to attend.

Simply, even for a non-HO, the clubs are pretty damn cool. We copped about 90 minutes of sales blurb among Sydney golf retailers, but the technology behind this is cool. Go to the TaylorMade website to check out what they put us through, but it's all pretty amazing sh!t. You'll need broadband to appreciate it.

We each scored an R7 Quad hat, t-shirt and new TM golf glove - handed to us before we went out and spanked a few with these 400cc beasts.

The club itself was awesome to hit, and my best shot came using a 10.5* Reg setup, with the screws set to 'High Neutral' ('normal' for non-Ho's). It just flew and flew... We all did some mucking around - setting it to 'More Draw' flattened out my fade nicely... :roll: I hit a couple that adopted the shape, so i guess it leaves you wondering what the flight would have been like without changing the club setup.

It was a great night, and i've put the wife on notice already. I should have one by 2006/7.

Eag's
28th May 2004, 11:11 PM
Nice post mate :smt023
Yep would be great to have a rip at one of those :shock:

McMw
29th May 2004, 02:30 AM
how much are they going for???

gazgolf1
29th May 2004, 08:07 AM
Aside from the weight screws the R7 is longer than my TP or R300 Tour but as far as mucking around with the screws I can't see myself playing around with them to much.
Mine are set for a draw and I could'nt see much difference in shot shape from the neutral setting.
Maybe this driver will help people with big slices or hooks more than me.
I have not tried the low ball setting yet,maybe I'll give that a go tomorrow at Indro with these westerlies and dry fairways.
Woohoo low screamers. :smt048

Fishman Dan
29th May 2004, 10:30 AM
McMw - I think about $500-$600 for the normal version, and TP will go for cloesr to $1k. Of course, they didn't talk about that yesterday :roll:

Gaz - The weight screws make up the weight lost in the head redesign, so it's not actually 'adding' anything, you just get to move the CoG (Centre of Gravity - woah, technical huh). The TP version comes with a pack of 12 weights, from 2g to 14g, and 886 combo's. :shock: Who could be f*cked tinkering that much?!

It's long, it's nice to hit. But it's a wet dream for the likes of me yet ;)

Golfgirl
29th May 2004, 12:05 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jarro
30th May 2004, 09:41 AM

so it looks like the Anti-ho club just lost another member then 'eh Fishy :lol:

come to the darkside son :wink:

Fishman Dan
30th May 2004, 09:45 AM

I'm not letting go yet, as much as you would like me to join your ranks. They sure are purdy little things, but they still cost money. :roll:

Then again, if you were to buy it for me.... 8)

Jarro
30th May 2004, 09:51 AM

I'm not letting go yet, as much as you would like me to join your ranks. They sure are purdy little things, but they still cost money. :roll:

Then again, if you were to buy it for me.... 8)

mate, if i can find someone that'll do a 2 for 1 deal ..... we're in business :smt023

they are rather nice to hit i must say ..... and a change is as good as a holiday :-k

ben
30th May 2004, 11:04 AM
I've been told the "normal" version will retail for around $1200 AUD in stores. I can't say if its true or not as I heard that a fair while ago, before the Nike Ignite pricing was released, so I dont know if TM will change it now.

It will be interesting to see where the other brands goto from here.

McMw
30th May 2004, 11:18 AM
I've been told the "normal" version will retail for around $1200 AUD in stores. I can't say if its true or not as I heard that a fair while ago, before the Nike Ignite pricing was released, so I dont know if TM will change it now.

It will be interesting to see where the other brands goto from here.

1200AUD....
sounds about right...
the XR05 was around the K mark, and it's avail in Singa at just under the K... 8)

Jarro
30th May 2004, 03:49 PM
so Gazgolf1 got a bargain when he picked one up from Nudgee then 8)

don't think he paid anywhere near that for the club :wink:

How's it workin' out Gaz :?: Better than the TP :smt017

Speirsy11
15th June 2004, 08:08 PM
I hit the retail version at Macquarie Driving Range tonight in Sydney. The rep told me they are releasing on Friday, selling for somewhere around the $800 range. He also said the TP wouldn't be available until Sept and would be $1200.....OUCH......

He only had a 10.5* Reg there......lets just say I didn't get much out of it.....really not a club suited to me.....

I'm waiting for a TP or TOUR to fall into my lap......

Speirsy11