PDA

View Full Version : Phone Numbers - (admin: Contact Usergroup & Topic Added)

markTHEblake
26th April 2005, 06:52 PM
Set up a seperate section for phone numbers.

Create a new membership group, and only make that forum available to those members, which would typically be only those people that are sharing their own phone number, and are widely known to the group.

I find if I am ever in need of someones phone number quickly and its a pain when you cant get it - like if you cant make it to an arranged golf day.

AndyP
26th April 2005, 07:23 PM
Good idea, Blakey.

I found when it came to compiling the phone list late last year, that only few people gave their numbers freely. While I did know many other members numbers, I didn't know whether I should share them with the group or not.

I'll put it on my todo list.
I've got a pretty good idea on how it will work, so I will let you all know what to do, when it's ready to go.

andylo
26th April 2005, 08:26 PM
Andy Lo - Now in contact list thread (Don't ring after 10pm)

Onewood
26th April 2005, 09:49 PM
I think every body is scared that Trung might get there number :lol: :lol:

yeh and if anyone wants my number......just give me a ring 8)

AndyP
26th April 2005, 11:05 PM
OK, here's what you do if you want to share your contact details, and view other OZgolfers details.

- Click the Usergroups button in the header, and nominate to join the "Contact List" group.
- I will receive an email to notify me that you want to join.
- I'll PM you to supply some details, you reply with whatever details you want to supply.
OR
- Just directly PM me your details and I can add you to the usergroup.

- These are the details I am listing at the moment (most optional), feel free to add more.
Name:
Phone:
Suburb:
Email:
Home Club:
Golflink No:

- Once I have received your details, I'll accept your nomination, and you'll be able to view a topic from the index called OZgolfer Directory.  A thread inside this has all the details.  

8)

Onewood
26th April 2005, 11:10 PM
OK, here's what you do, if you want to share your contact details, and view other OZgolfers details.

- Click the Usergroups button in the header, and nominate to join the "Contact List" group.
- I'll PM you to supply some details, you reply with whatever details you want to supply.
- These are the details I am listing at the moment (most optional), feel free to add more.
Name:
Phone:
Suburb:
Email:
Home Club:
Golflink No:

- Once I have received your details, I'll accept your nomination, and you'll be able to view a topic from the index called Contact Details.  A thread inside this has all the details.  

8)

It works :P
You can only open if you are a member 8)

AndyP
28th April 2005, 08:35 AM
The following member's details are in the OZgolf directory contact list:

amanda
andylo
AndyP
cazandpaul
Grunt
Iain
jarro
markTHEblake
onewood
Peter_rs_644

Noone else is willing to share their contact details?

cazandpaul
28th April 2005, 09:55 AM
PM sent.

AndyP
13th May 2005, 10:40 AM
15 members on the contact list now.

Anymore?

markTHEblake
13th May 2005, 02:25 PM
can someone upload the entire list to Onewoods phone?

the man must think I am Whitepages or something, rings me every second day looking for phone numbers.

Trung
17th May 2005, 09:12 PM
I copped a few early morning phone calls last year right after the OzChamp at CTH :roll: .

PS, My phone is always on SILENT at bed time :wink:

back to the topic... PM sent to AP

AndyP
18th May 2005, 08:25 AM
back to the topic... PM sent to AP
At a great risk to other group members, you have been added.

19 members' details listed now.

macleod
27th May 2005, 10:21 AM
pm sent

Onewood
27th May 2005, 01:30 PM
can someone upload the entire list to Onewoods phone?

the man must think I am Whitepages or something, rings me every second day looking for phone numbers.

You gotta be good for something :D and when I was chasing Tezza's, that would have been the yellow pages :wink: I needed some Plumbing advice :D

Eag's
31st May 2005, 08:54 PM
PM sent :wink:

AndyP
31st May 2005, 09:09 PM
PM sent :wink:
PM received.

Now 21 members listed in the contact details thread. 8)

AndyP
13th October 2005, 10:23 AM
28 members now have their contact details listed in the OZgolfer Directory forum.

990B Luva
amanda
andylo
AndyP
BrisVegas
BrisWesty
cazandpaul
Choppa
Courty
drunken
Eag's
Flowergirl
golfer69
Goughy
Grunt
Iain
jarro
jaster
Keza_G
macleod
markTHEblake
McMw
onewood
Peter_rs_644
shavey
sominc
Trung
Virgal_Tracy

drunken
14th October 2005, 08:04 AM
Yeah I'll have to print it off before we go to the champs, just incase Trung forgets his copy :wink:

AndyP
14th October 2005, 08:34 AM
Yeah I'll have to print it off before we go to the champs, just incase Trung forgets his copy  :wink:
How are you going to do that, if you can't access it?  
Go on, give it a try. :twisted:

drunken
14th October 2005, 09:07 AM
Yeah I'll have to print it off before we go to the champs, just incase Trung forgets his copy  :wink:

Hey now I think this mod is trying to abuse his powers :evil:

And anyway, it's ok Andy I've already got your number.....

AndyP
14th October 2005, 09:18 AM
Hey now I think this mod is trying to abuse his powers  :evil:
Not really. Any member could be the moderator of a usergroup. I'm thinking that you couldn't be trusted with it though. ;)

drunken
14th October 2005, 09:26 AM
Hey now I think this mod is trying to abuse his powers  :evil:
Not really.  Any member could be the moderator of a usergroup.  I'm thinking that you couldn't be trusted with it though. ;)

I only want the numbers so I can contact people at a reasonable hour. What my roommate does whilst I'm asleep is another matter altogether....

AndyP
3rd March 2006, 10:35 AM
Thought I would bump this thread with matchplay matches being organised, as well as tell you how you now get your details put in the OZgolf Directory.

At this stage, 30 members have provided their details (clicking view Forum Leaders at the bottom of the main index page will show you who).

If you want your details supplied, you can go to your UserCP and click on Group Memberships and join the 'Contact List' group.
Then send me a PM with the following details:
Name:
Phone:
Suburb:
Email:
Home Club:
Golflink No:

When I have received the nomination and the PM, I will add the details and approve the nomination, which will then allow you to view the OZgolf Directory forum in the Forum Talk category and see others details too.

Note: This area can only be viewed by those that are on the list and not other members or the public.

AndyP
27th April 2006, 12:46 PM
Another bump, so newer members know it exists.

33 OZgolfers details listed ATM.

Moe Norman
6th June 2006, 03:03 PM
how do i actually view this thing - i can't find it anywhere

andylo
6th June 2006, 03:06 PM
Moe

http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1968

Moe Norman
found it finally, but it doesn't include all the info like phone numbers etc.

Moe Norman
thanks alo

AndyP
6th June 2006, 11:36 PM
After Moe's bump of this thread, we are up to 39 members details listed. (Clicking View Forum Leaders at the bottom of the main index page will show you who)

AndyP
21st November 2006, 04:59 PM
Another reminder of our contact list area.

The following details of some members are kept in this area:

Name:
Phone:
Suburb:
Email:
Home Club:
Golflink No:

Here is a list of the members who have their contact details listed.
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showgroups.php

Let me know if there are any changes too.

AndyP
22nd November 2006, 09:04 PM
Another 3 members added to the list. Excellent.

AndyP
23rd March 2007, 09:03 PM
Would any of our newer members like to add their contact details to the list? Just follow the instructions a few posts up from this one.

AndyP
11th June 2007, 09:17 PM
48 OZgolfers (http://ozgolf.net/forums/memberlist.php?usergroupid=12) have their contact details listed now.

With the late change of venue for the Sydney game today, you might find it convenient to have these details, if you don't already.

Follow these instructions if you're not in the group and want in.
http://ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=83290&postcount=23

markTHEblake
3rd September 2007, 09:58 PM
You would reckon that the administrator of the contact details thread, would get his own contact details correct.

Grunt
27th September 2007, 10:52 AM
AP, I see that you have done the contact details thread into a condensed form on the header post. Would it be a problem to split that list into States?

AndyP
27th September 2007, 11:01 AM
I guess not.

Grunt
27th September 2007, 11:05 AM
Just thought it would look a little less messy for those looking for a particular number. If you think that is what the rest of the page is for I can see your point too though. Only do it if it is actually easy and you think it is needed.

Jarro
27th September 2007, 11:11 AM
Shouldn't really make much of a difference Grant.

AndyP
27th September 2007, 11:19 AM
It was alphabetical, so how hard can it be? It's been changed to state then alphamabetasized.

Grunt
27th September 2007, 11:26 AM
good work AP.

Jono
4th October 2007, 08:12 PM
I can't seem to access the contacts thread. It's gone from my screen. Any ideas AP?

Jarro
4th October 2007, 08:16 PM
I can't find it either.

AndyP
4th October 2007, 09:44 PM
clikchic might have stuffed it up.

AndyP
4th October 2007, 10:01 PM
Does it work now?

Jono
4th October 2007, 10:19 PM
Yep. 8)

Grunt
12th September 2008, 10:41 PM
Just thought I would re-birth this thread to let the recent new members know it is here and if we all have our details up to date everyone has the ability to contact members in regard to games etc.

Here is AP's method of doing it

OK, here's what you do if you want to share your contact details, and view other OZgolfers details.

OR
- Just directly PM me your details and I can add you to the usergroup.

Name:
Phone:
Suburb:
Email:
Home Club:
Golflink No:

- Once I have received your details, I'll accept your nomination, and you'll be able to view a topic from the index called OZgolfer Directory. *A thread inside this has all the details. *

:cool:

AndyP
13th September 2008, 06:40 AM
I removed my details because I got sick of the abusive phone calls and messages.

PeteyD
13th September 2008, 10:35 AM
When are you getting rid of the girly avatar?

sms316
13th September 2008, 06:25 PM
I removed my details because I got sick of the abusive phone calls and messages.
You serious? People take life too seriously.

AndyP
13th September 2008, 07:25 PM
You serious? People take life too seriously.The calls were mostly from goughy.

Eag's
13th September 2008, 09:31 PM
The calls were mostly from goughy.

No wonder you removed them :razz:

Fishman Dan
15th September 2008, 12:56 PM

Were they personal attacks?

3oneday
15th September 2008, 01:48 PM
Were they personal attacks?

:-#

AndyP
1st October 2010, 05:23 PM
Bump!

With the upcoming Champs it might be a good idea to take note of some other members' details or include your own.

You can only view the contact details thread, if you also supply the below details.

The following details of some members are kept in this area:

Name:
Phone:
Suburb:
Email:
Home Club:
Golflink No:

Here is a list of the members who have their contact details listed.
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showgroups.php

timah!
1st October 2010, 10:30 PM
Won't we just need to look for a bunch of guys in horrible pants?

Grunt
22nd July 2011, 08:01 AM
Thought I would bump this as we have quite a few newer members since this was launched quite some time ago.

Great idea and it certainly makes organising games a hell of a lot easier when you can just look it up on here rather than the PM's etc for golflink numbers and the like.